Sore's Nature Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Sore, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Copper Scorpio New Player

Sorry everyone wrong post. Nature, is the most balanced power in the game btw.
  2. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Whats nature dps post update?
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

What do you mean?
  4. Tallion Well-Known Player

Does anyone know exactly how to calculate healing from resto and dom? The tool tip says: Healing = Base Healing Multiplier * (30% Resto + 25% Dom). What do they mean with Base Healing Multiplier?
  5. inferno Loyal Player

6. Vagrant Committed Player

My Nature Load Out
    • Like x 3
  7. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

what nature heal loadout you guys been using lately
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Same one as pre revamp, just substitue Harvest for Flourish.
    • Like x 2
  9. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

Let's get nature back in the discussion. What's everyone running for DPS these days? I seem to be having pretty good success as dps but Nature seems to be dismissed a lot. Let's get fresh ideas going
  10. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

I'm currently running a Wolf build.
    Serpent, Briar, Vine, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Wolf.
    Heat Vision, Whirling Deverish, Savage Growth, Harvest, Carnivorous Plants, Return. For hallways and adds then for single target I sub Whirling and SG for Impaling Thorns and Tornado Pull, from range or the melee rotation if I can get up close and personal.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo mate, can you provide a bit more information on Whirling Dervish? I haven't used it since 2014 I think ^_^

I agree that for all situations except huge aoe situations (machine e), Primal Wolf is probably the way to go. I have amazing results on boss damage and on melee damage, though my Loadout is a bit different since I'm not using all three DoTs but rather rely on Savage Growth more.

My loadout is:

Serpent Call | Briar | Voracious Plants | Savage Growth | Thorn Shield | Primal Wolf Form

Wolf -> Serpent Call | Voracious Plants | Thorn Shield | Savage Growth | Impaling Thorns | Return to Normal.

Basically what I do on single target is applying two DoTs, Savage Growth, Impaling Thorns, Thorn Shield, and then rotate VP and Thorn Shield when I'm not using SG or IT (which are used on Cooldown). When the 12s Wolf are up, I return to normal and to wolf again if I have the SC, otherwise I stay in Primal Form for Impaling Thorns since both DoTs are up. I use the Critical Primal Wolf Mod on this loadout.

On AoE melee I just substitute IT for additional Voracious Plans unless there is only one target left.

I found that the additional DoT is not neccessary since adds die so fast nowadays. I rather use one more Savage Growth since it can hit like a truck.

___

Ranged Single Target is:

Serpent Call | Briar | Vine Lash | Voracious Plants | Harvest | Primal Wolf

Wolf -> Serpent Call | Carnage | Harvest | Voracious Plants | Impaling Thorns | Return to Normal.

Basically, when it comes to ST boss fights that take a while, I use the three-DoT-Setup though instead of using another additional damage skill I go with Wolf -> Briar Carnage after applying the DoT and rock the Critical Carnage Mod. Essentially it gives me the Wolf buff for 13s and immediately the Carnage Buff for 12s. Since the transformation + first attack take a little bit more than 1s, the CD of Carnage shows perfectly when the Wolf Buff will run out. If it does -> Return to normal and transform again.

I found that using the Wolf SC for only 12s to get the buff again works really good and superceeds many alternative ways. Though I haven't tested something like WD. Not really convinced of HV though, maybe because I don't have the Amplifier leveled on my alt yet. These 10% can make a difference (maybe).

Have to say though, Savage Growth is imo the 'Splosion on steroids. The 3s Cooldown is just awesome :-D
    ___

Ranged AoE is basically 3 DoTs, Harvest, Plants, Gorilla and in Gorilla I just run with three DoTs, Harvest, Plants, Impaling Thorns. I don't really use the Return to Normal funktion, maybe I could substitude the third DoT for something else Like a SC or something. Since it's a 5000 SC I rather stay Gorilla and have the AoE Thorns. For Machine(E) it works really good.

Next thing to try would be replacing Vine Lash with something Like Carnivorous Plants or something, though in Machine E the adds do indeed live for a while and I'm unsure about removing the third DoT.

On your rotation: Do you let HV run for the whole duration or do you rather keep up the three stacked VP dots and SG/IT on cooldown?
    • Like x 1
  12. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

Ok I'm on my phone so I'll probably miss a lot of your points so bear with me.

Whirling is a 7 tick mid level burst damage at close range and times perfectly with SG and HV.

My solar amp is 160 so it is crucial in both my single target as well as mobs. My melee rotation can also be single target and parces higher by far than using Thorn. So I run my melee rotation 80% of the time.

If I just can't get close then I swap SG and WD out for VP and swarm but still use HV.

For me Gorilla is a DPS loss until you get things below 35% so I stick with Wolf. Another thing I don't do is get out of wolf unless I lose my dots as wolf is every bit as important to have extra power slots as it is the boost.

Combing wolf with Carnivorous Plants is devestating at a cost of only 7500.

My parces on 3 target tend to be 38 to 42k unbuffed at 33k might, single target tend to be 19 to 23
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Thanks for the response, I'm going to try Whirling Dervish. HV won't be a thing until the next Double XP since I won't spend money on an alt's artifact. Matter of fact, I'm not going to spend any money on the artifacts ^_^

As for Gorilla I only use it in Machine Elite where Melee isn't really doable. What would you suggest for a 30m rotation for said content. In any other content, I use Wolf as well.
    My point with the additional SC was to use it only if you're not using "Return to normal" in a formed changed loadout since after the first transformation you won't use a second one.

Really not sure about that Tornado Pull though. I wasn't impressed with it when I was testing movement powers..
  14. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

The pull will get crits about the same as SG just on single target instead of aoe plus it times great
  15. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

Adding a long range version that competes with my melee rotation with much less danger. Seems to be doing very well.

Serpent>Briar>VL>Harvest>VP>Wolf

Wolf form is, HV>Feeze breath>VPX2>repeat. CP as a secondary SC that gets Wolfs boost and ends up hitting harder than CG at only 7500 cost plus all your other damage benefits from wolf.

Once in wolf form I try to stay in as long as I can, I ignore the 12 seconds as I'm using wolf as a extra 5 power slots as much as the boost. This allows me to build more SC and combine that damage with all the background damage from poisons and it does very well. Surprisingly the max range LO is right there and sometimes better than melee as I'm no longer being interrupted as much.
    • Like x 1
  16. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

Where are all the nature players? Or is the game/ forums really this dead? 119 pages and then no discussion in forever lol
  17. Yaiba Committed Player

They don't want to share anything or they just tell you some general advices, I ask for elite tips and got nothing so don't expect tips on forums :cool: :cool: :cool:
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Don’t think he was looking for advice. Just seems the forums are dead. At least the guide sections. And it’s not about people not wanting to share loadouts. But about people just not posting.
  19. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

Not really needing advice but a healthy discussion was my desire. That's how great loadouts are discovered, bouncing ideas, in the old days these forums were exploding with power discussion
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Current loadouts and rotations for DPS and DPS variations and Healing for those interested