Sooo I bought the DLC for nothing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PrimusTech, May 1, 2013.

1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

What about PVP missions, are they only for DLC owners or for everyone? And what was the reason behind putting checkmate styles in the vault, why cant it be style variations for new T3 or T2 pvp that are available only for DLC owners since we already got style variations for T1?
  2. Sparkman New Player

I only spent about a total of 6 hours on last laugh (I got it the week before pvp changed).
  3. Monstrocity187 New Player

Sorry, i missed the part that said "content will become free in x amount of time". Common sense?
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

sorry to hear that my friend but as mepps has already stated that with the introduction of arranged matchmaking you will be able to play all the maps again so problem will be solved soon
  5. neptunesBeard New Player

You still get access to new maps and styles and feats for skill points. You don't get it. SOE has the right to charge however much they want or make their DLC worth less should they choose to do so. Look at legends characters. They cost the same as DLC packs but they offer a LOT less features, yet nobody complains about those.
  6. neptunesBeard New Player

I never said the content should be free...what are you talking about?
  7. The Doctor Loyal Player

Mepps, what's the logic behind only having access to one of the three safehouses? It doesn't help with queue times, and frankly, replay sales would increase for this map if it was working like before.
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yes, please. Let PvP-Missions be exclusive!
  9. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Compairing DLC to dinner,,, Dumbest reply ever!!!

Take it with a smile bra!
  10. fayde Level 30

I'd like to know that as well.
    Does everyone get to collect this style from the vault? Or just the legendaries/people who purchased the DLC?
    I mean... I've always been legendary, so I'm not sure if non-DLC players could purchase it before at a much slower rate?

And if the set is going to be impossible to complete.. or take years to complete like when Aeronaut and Logistics sets were in the vault.. then what's the point, really?
    If I had bought the DLC, I would expect to complete that set within a reasonable amount of time. 1.5 sp right there.. Too bad my alts will never get to complete it now. lol.
  11. Berretta9x New Player

Purchasing legends characters isn't an expansion of the game they are just like weapon styles. People choose to buy them just to have a different style. Styles and legends characters are available in game to purchase with in game currency not real money and aren't losing out on lets say storyline missions or new raids that offer marks for better gear. But at the time of the release of the DLC you needed it to get the best PVP gear, which is what 90% of the DLC was about. Other than 1 duo (that gives marks of triumph now anyways like every other instance) a weapon that gave us bonus stats...but now all trees give us even more stats as it is....all in all I think that DLC is pretty much a wash now since the maps you got everyone gets now. Just my opinion. Still love the game and play the game and never threw the line out there " Im quitting DC because of the down time" like everyone seems to throw out when the game goes down for 2 minutes. Once again just stating my personal view on paying for this certain dlc. See everyone in game.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

actually it was about time vs money i just used dinner as a example. im not the one with a problem i wasnt complaining about the dlc the OP was was just tring to show him he got his moneys worth and it wasnt a waste
  13. Sparkman New Player

What about people like me who got it less than a week before the update? We certainly did not get our money's worth.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

in the interum not as much as others but in the long term you deffently have!
    1) you can use shield and go down its tree for the affinitys
    2) once they add arranged matchmaking you will be able to play all the maps where people who dont have DLC cant
    3) can play as the legendary characters that came out with the pack
    4) are able to get the feats associated with DLC
    look im done trying to help people see this in another way. like it or not you bought it and you cant get your money back so just enjoy what you did get and let it go
  15. neptunesBeard New Player

Lightning Strikes is not worthless, nor is Last Laugh.
  16. neptunesBeard New Player

My point exactly. They provide less content than DLC packs do, but are sold at the same price. If you have no complaints with legend character prices then you can't complain about Last Laugh.
  17. Monstrocity187 New Player

No, the consensus is you don't get it. Legends charcaters aren't sold under false pretences. Perhaps you should take a business class? Or a marketing class? Because if you don't see the harm this kind of stuff does to a business and trust of their consumer, then there's really nothing we can do for you...
  18. neptunesBeard New Player

I think you're the one who needs the business class. Products degrade over time and their value diminishes. Take computers for example. You buy a computer. Next year a better one comes out. What do you want Miscrosoft to reimburse you because your new computer proves to be obsolete? If you buy an app during its first year for $5 and then later they decide that they can afford to give it to everyone else for free are you going to expect your money back? You'd be a fool to expect such. They needed the money to give it to everyone else for free in the first place and you paid to have it longer than the others who got it for free. They specifically state in their TOS they reserve the right to diminish DLC value and if you buy it you agree to that right. You can't complain because you signed a contract to agree to that statement when you pressed confirm on your DLC or Legendary purchase. If you had read the terms and thought "oh I might not like that" then you should have pressed cancel. If a consumer thinks he is entitled to something that breaches the company's rights then that consumer is arrogant and doesn't deserve use of the product in the first place. You buy the license to use their product, not own it. It's still their product and their rules. Take it or leave it.
  19. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Sooooo..... I bought the game at launch for nothing? SMH.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sparkman New Player

The problem though is that when buying the dlc it clearly said that you will get new multiplayer maps. It did NOT say that you get early access to maps. It would be the same as if anyone could make a hard light character now without buying the dlc. Or if everyone could now have a full base rather than just the dive.