Sooo I bought the DLC for nothing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PrimusTech, May 1, 2013.

1. Hallows Eve New Player

YAY $10 for a shield and a duo...
    • Like x 5
  2. surge914 New Player

Thats cool but it seems city safehouse is broken cause before there was different match types(capture the rock,free the people, use robot to difuse bomb) but now everytime I go in its the get the rock to your side match. Unless others have gotten different matches AFTER THE GU 25 or it was intended then I'm wrong and its not broken and it sucks if either one is the case.
  3. Solutha New Player

They broke up that map into 3 different maps. You get the graviton this time. The robot or other one on the next rotation the map is in. As is stands now it can be 6 plus months to see all the map unless they keep safehouse as the only 4v4 map. Then it would be 3 months.
  4. Goony New Player

dont forget your 7 legends characters that if they were on the marketplace would cost you $10 each
  5. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Had I paid for that DLC even before the recent changes I would have felt ripped off.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hallows Eve New Player

Injustice made legends pvp obsolete.
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

I love your analogies on why analogies suck. Now do a post on "irony".
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLoneLantern New Player

I'm not sure I follow this correctly. So, is everyone supposed to be given access to all the pvp maps? If so, it's not working correctly.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Goony New Player

they said they are working on a fix for this
  10. Starblast Well-Known Player

wait it minute...did I read this right? all of the dlc 4 maps are now available to everyone?! why would anyone buy that dlc now? it's now rendered half as good as it was before. and with all due respect it wasn't worth the price of admission as it was. At half off though when I purchased it, it was, but now it's only half as good. I really think a new balancing needs to be done to this DLC if this is now the new status quo of the dlc. Actually. rebalancing of some sort to all the old DLC is kinda needed somewhat. I mean if you're going to do this you might as well just give dlc 4 away free and those that already purchased it some loyalty points that are worth the 10 dollar value of the dlc. I think that would be a nice gesture and people would be more forgiving of this new map rotation, cuz I can't see people paying 10 dollars just for one duo, one weapon, and a handful of legends characters.
    • Like x 2
  11. somebody nobody everybody New Player

Lol... Lightning Strikes has been topped as the most worthless DLC. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. neptunesBeard New Player

Anyone who complains about the DLC losing value needs to brush up on the concept of product degradation and stop their crying.
    Do you complain about paying 10$ to see a movie that doesn't last forever? Or for a meal that you eventually flush down the toilet? No.
    When you buy DLC you don't pay to own the content. The content is still legally owned by SOE and the people who created the programs. You are paying to use their content in exchange for their terms and conditions, which include their right to make the content less valuable. If you're going to complain about PVP maps being unusable you might as well complain about being so over geared that you don't need to run the T2 duos anymore. I'm kidding about complaining of course. Shut the full cup.

Edit: Also you've had access to it for how long? Almost a year. I'd say the 10$ purchase for that is fair.
  13. neptunesBeard New Player

Electric powers. New styles and feats and the gear helps you get to T3 faster. Yep totally worthless.
    • Like x 2
  14. Starblast Well-Known Player

you obviously don't get it. the DLC is still for sale but the only thing you get is the Duo, the legends, and the weapon. so technically you are paying more for less. do you see the distinction? I don't see how anyone is winning here? neither the people that buy it going forward and the people that already paid for it. it would be one thing if they decided to just no longer make the dlc for sale and give it to everybody but that isn't the case. this is not people complaining this is merely an inference being stated.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mini Lini Loyal Player

This is what I'm saying...

Btw, are you adding the 1v1 map or keeping that as needed to buy HT?
  16. somebody nobody everybody New Player

a) You got my comment backwards. I'm saying Last Laugh is now even more worthless than Lightning Strikes, meaning Lightning Strikes has more to offer.
    b) I did not say totally worthless. Please do not twist my words. "More worthless" =/= "totally worthless".
    • Like x 2
  17. BomombRook New Player

So pay 10
    Yea even though some of the original characters and market place characters are better then those 7 extra legends. Really no point in owning LL other then the shield and duo(even though it rarely drops gear for your role, well for me it never does lol).
  18. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I don't get how anything can be "more" or "totally" worthless at all. Since worthless means no use, or like good-for-nothing. How does something become less useful than not useful. lol
    • Like x 1
  19. somebody nobody everybody New Player

Well I don't consider The Last Laugh being worth the same value as pre-update 25. It's said that any player (once fixed) will be able to play any maps (that were supposed to be exclusive to The Last Laugh) in queues. To me, that diminishes the value of the DLC. If you prefer the phrase 'less valuable', then substitute that in.

To reiterate my original statement, The Last Laugh has the least value of all the DLCs (in my opinion) now, even less than Lightning Strikes.
  20. Octantis New Player

You can look at it this way:

Last Laugh: $10
    Superman Legends Character: $10

If you use only Amon Sur in Legends then your money isn't wasted.