Soo, Enad Global7 owns many PvP franchises

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elren, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saami Loyal Player

PvP used to be huge part of this game. People were doing both PvE and PvP.
    • Like x 4
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Could you explain why the pvp dlc did so bad then and why it had only 20% participation on its peak and generating little revenue?
    • Like x 1
  3. Saami Loyal Player

Easily. There has been no real reason to PvP in this game ever. Only promises. What i personally and people i used to PvP with wanted was ranking and stuff.

Joker DLC gave us nothing, but new maps. Imagine PvE without progression. How many would play for just new maps?
  4. Eve YouTuber

Why are you twisting what everyone is saying in this thread as if It's personally against you? o_O

My point still stands that they can fix one thing at the time but they need to start somewhere. I don't know why you think PvP threads 'Suddenly' surface. People been writing them for years, they are all moved to the PvP section.

You talk about seeing the bigger pictures but from your posts you only see yourself and not the community as a whole. And don't throw around that people are bullies for disagreeing with you. This whole thread is back and forth on you trying to shut pvp players down.

To conclude this, you don't have to like it or support it, but you can clearly see that you are in the minority that is against fixing PvP. You clearly haven't been involved with the community to see how important PvP was.

I would definitely play PvP and even pay for new Legends and Mepps did say they can add new legends. But It should get some fixes. Even one step at the time, but it should.

Anyway, this is going nowhere so this is my last reply on this thread.
    • Like x 9
  5. zNot Loyal Player

What exactly are you expecting them to add in a pvp dlc? It clearly wasnt popular, pve is clearly what people want for this game.
    Even some of my friends that played pvp back then have no interest anymore and they switched to pve which they left again due to not enjoyable episodes.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Pretty sure the dlc did poorly because it broke pvp/pve and caused too many issues. While 20% may not sound like much, from a business perspective you're looking at it wrong. Now again, I also do not care for pvp. But that 20% was how much of the population was participating during that exact moment vs 80% of the population was in pve phase. If that's 80ppl in pve vs 20 in pvp, that's not terrible. That's also not taking into account that there were players doing both. It's also a gateway to bring players back or into the game in general. Again, from a business aspect, if you can grow 20% from fixing it then it could be worth it if done properly/ cost effectively.
    You post often about your dislike of there only being 1 raid. That's a new development. Pvp players have gone years with 0 changes. Try to get some perspective on the issue. Also keep in mind that there are platforms for this game that have such a small population that they can't even do the raids. Also keep in mind that some people play 40 characters and only do solos. Some only care about styles and base decorations. Some players open 100 time capsules, some open the 15 for the feat alone. You want something, so do others. I'd also prefer that they have more raids but I'm 1 person. Together we are 2. There are posts made daily by all different players to fix pvp. There were leagues that only did pvp. If you and everyone else got on board with giving up a dlc or 2 and pvp was actually successfully revamped and monetized, that could result in more money for pve development. Food for thought. In the end, the devs will decide what it is they want to do and we can choose to stay or go. My opinion has and will stay that it should just be abandoned. That is 100% my opinion and if they decide to revamp, then good for the pvp crowd.
    • Like x 1
  7. Saami Loyal Player

Personally, i think that they should added reason to PvP. Ranking is one way to do that.

Also it would benefit for PvE only players, because of skill points. People who really wanted to be top in the PvP will also do lots of PvE to get all those important skill points. I think it would be win-win situation to all players. Not just PvP players.
    • Like x 8
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Pvp is free-episodes cost money you see the difference? Will the PVP community pay like the PVE community does? No? Then dont be surprised about no pvp changes.

And the reason why we get one raid is due to the bountys counting as one raid did you know that? which is for freetoplay players too meaning they took something from Elite players (One elite raid) that pay monthly to give something (the openworld bosses) to freetoplay players that dont spend any money and on top of that most people dont want these openworld bosses and this system anymore.
  9. Cordelia Well-Known Player

This actually isn't a bad idea!

I've heard other ideas that appeal - separate PvP and PvE entirely somehow, make PvP legends only, remove dedicated PvP gear entirely and have PvP stats based on PvE stats, make instanced PvP legends only but keep player character PvP... the list goes on and on. As a very non-PvP person, I don't have any strong opinions on it - I just want other players to enjoy the game as much as I do, which means bringing it back somehow. I love hearing these ideas, even though the odds of me playing PvP are about as high as me playing professional football for a full salary.
    • Like x 3
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Whoever you are replying to is someone I have on ignore, apparently for a good reason. I really like reading your opinions and thoughts on every subject, Zoe, please don't stop chiming in because of someone who isn't worth listening to.

As for PvP, I don't know if there is anything that could entice me to participate in it, unlike you, but I still want to see it fixed up.
    • Like x 6
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Pve is also free to play so yeah, that's not saying much. And again, you're looking at this black or white. There are, well were, plenty of subscribed players that did both. I'm sure there are still some. And again, monetize pvp then. So while you hate that there is only one raid due to bounties, that was a dev decision. They didn't do it because they were working on pvp. Right? Still with me? So assuming recent changes have happened due to a world changing pandemic and not pvp rebuilding, do you think pvp is the cause of only 1 raid?
    Praying your answer is no pvp was not the reason for only 1 raid. Now back to the topic posted by OP. Now that things have changed again, could pvp be looked at since this new parent company or whatever is about that life. The simple answer is maybe. And more than likely, wouldn't be done tomorrow. Could be years away. No one is arguing for less raids. We all get you want more and more raids. Sweet. Me too. Doesn't affect this thread at all.
    • Like x 2
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

back when I first played this game on the USPC, I did a wee bit of pvp. I enjoyed it. it was a great way to meet new players. there's at least one guy from way back then that I still chat with on the regular. I'm not likely to bother with it again, that's not my focus ingame anymore, I long ago gave up trying to do everything, but I can't see where having a healthy pvp community would be anything but a benefit to the game. the more people logging in & playing, whatever their reasons for doing so, harcore or casual, super beastie gotta have it all or cosplayer base builder, pve or pvp, can only be a good thing. & you know what? I'll go without a pve episode if that's what it takes. I genuinely don't mind. if it helps the game, if it's for a better future for the game, I'm all in. I got tons of stuff needs catching up on my alts, I'll have plenty to do. I hope they do sort pvp out.
    • Like x 5
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely disagree, Znot, dude, you don't get to just say 'most players' because you believe it to be true.

I for one and i speak for myself, as paying member want both PVP and PVE.

A lot of players actually like PVP, they only reason they hate it, is because if it's current state not because it's just fundamentally PVP
    • Like x 10
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Thats fine everyone can like what they want but you also need to keep in mind the revenue and popularity. Some act like pvp should get as much attention as pve which blows my mind. What i find funny too is that most that disagree with my replys are ones that also prefer PVE. I think that should explain alot to the developers.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

No what it shows you is that the opposite of what you believe is actually true, you've just got your blinkers on so hard, you're not prepared to accept the truth.

Most people including those who like even exclusively pve want to see pvp improved and in fact a lot of people by virtue of that fact probably would try or even enjoy pvp if it got more attention and was fixed.

People don't despise PVP they despise it's brokenness, PVP in this game was once thoroughly enjoyed and could and should be again.

PVP is essentially half of this game from a fundamental perspective, it's just being ignored, which isn't right.

Again, and this part is my opinion, but as a paying member, I'd be quite happy for them to entirely ignore pve for a period if it meant fixing pvp.
    • Like x 9
  16. zNot Loyal Player

I dont believe that,but thats your opinion.
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

The pvp of today is much different then when the game launch 10 years ago, while id love to see pvp again I understand that the only true way itd be successful is if it conforms to todays norms.

The dcuo community wont want to hear this but todayyy its about skill instead of power. Todays pvp wants everyone to enter the match on the same playing field as far as strength, this is why games like fortnite & apex grew like fire.. there is no armor i throw on n your a unstoppable force, everyone has the same guns shields and building, you have to have the skill to be good at the game. This is the same reason why someone might say warzone is a more frustrating battle royal, guns like the mp5 are clearly better then most assult rifles , once a team gets a loadout drop the equality is over.. people dont like that..

Yes games like smite clearly have disparities between god strength... but smite is updated every 2 weeks, every 2 weeks there is a livestream where they do god balance, all thay game does is pvp.. dcuo doesn’t have the time for that due to pve

In dcuo someone who has 400 sp would spank me with my 200, and if you want dcuo pvp to work.. u cant tell me to get good, no you’d probably have to accept stat clamped instances... then you get to the issue of some powers being better damage doers than others.. welp you’d probably have to live with all powers doing the same amount of damage in pvp instances. There goes alot of you stat chasers scoreboard fetish

I will say, while im usually a more old school “get good” gamer.. i like the way pvp games are heading, i like being on equal levels with someone then beating them fair..

Also grinding pvp gear was my least favorite activity in all of dcuo history. Just put styles in the marketplace and make them glow or something when you go into pvp
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

An opinion shared almost collectively by everyone else in this thread it would seem, so that should tell you something ;)
    • Like x 5
  19. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

The people who prefer pve understand what pvp means to other players. They just speak from a non selfish point of view and want other players to enjoy both parts of the game.

You bring up the pvp dlc, unfortunately yes that dlc failed because of poor execution . Should've never been a dlc but a re occurring event. (but thats another topic)

On to the point of popularity, I place part of that blame on the devs, No tutorials in game to help direct players in the direction to being average at pvp. They're just thrown in to something they don't understand and are thrashed. Having your first experience be a land slide victory for your opponent while you're left with a nasty repair bill might make you never want to return. Of course a tutorial wont make a person be good at pvp, but it'll help stop players from spamming range attacks in a 1v1 against someone who's good at pvp.

Revenue: Dc is sitting on a goldmine with legends and they haven't tapped into it yet, Different loadouts, being able to swap appearances (ex: WW to Nubia) or (Thicc suit Luthor to Army Luthor with the rifle). Cosmetics pretty much drive this game at this point and half the models they could use are already in game so the work load wouldn't be that severe
    • Like x 4
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I have no problems with a pvp/legends update (not dlc) if it helps dcuo get much revenue to help make the game grow and more popular but from what i read it didnt do well otherwise they would have done it earlier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.