Soo, Enad Global7 owns many PvP franchises

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elren, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Your opinion is that since you don't care for pvp, they should not work on it, just like it's my opinion that you pve players are spoiled entitled people because you're complaining about episodes yet pvp players can't even get one month, the power/weapon balances also favors pve and pvp gets the crumbs of it all. Not right at all.
    • Like x 9
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Correction: Dimensional Ink (the studio behind DCUO) is will still be published by Daybreak...which is now owned by EG7.

I highly recommend people continue to give them ideas of what we want, but temper expectations until they actually announce anything. Otherwise you'll be the architect of your own disappointment.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That dude is a radio station that plays only one hit, and the record skips....so it's just stuck playing the same tune over and over and over.
    • Like x 5
  4. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

I so hope that pvp will be fixed.

I've been dreaming about it for years!
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I can guarantee that if PvP was fixed up or updated my league would come back in a heartbeat. I know this because they ask me what's new. And they spend money.

Also, there is no need to do PvP episodes (which by the way, there was only one ever made). Just update it like they used to. You'd know this if you paid a little attention.
    • Like x 5
  6. zNot Loyal Player

If you and others would pay attention you would have known that by putting time into pvp and thereby cutting down on pve will hurt them it seems like you guys just want quick fixxes and dont look at the bigger picture this is still a business how many more times will people ask for pvp?

Are you guys interested that the game grows or by putting ressources into things that only a minority wants? Do you know what 20% activity on peak means? The pvp playerbase are often freetoplay/premium players good luck trying to get revenue out of such players.
  7. zNot Loyal Player

That dude like you that changes his opinion on every thread.
  8. Cordelia Well-Known Player

This. This right here.

I *HATE* PvP, and refuse to do it myself, but it's part of the game and ought to be fixed for the players who love it. They deserve some attention and joy, too! Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it has no value.

Thank you for being a voice of reason, Zoe!
    • Like x 8
  9. zNot Loyal Player

If they want to work on pvp i wouldnt play it i dont like it and never will like it

I wrote the Facts,my opinion and the devs have the numbers to decide if they want to do it or not and stop trying to convince people and twisting words because someone is against your ideas.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Part of that 20% percent you are so fond of quoting was also part of the 80% that played and spent ridiculous amounts of money on PvE. They would come back in a heartbeat and spend, spend, spend. That is good for business. How do you see that as a negative?

By the way, when Origin Crisis as out they managed to still handle PvP, so you can stop this myth that they can't do it. The main problem is they made too many changes that players didn't ask for, and then decided to leave PvP by the wayside. Fix the big issues, find a way to monetize it (in whole or part), it'll bring people back, and a lot of them will spend (especially the competitive type who will work towards maximum skillpoints).
    • Like x 6
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I have no problem if they work on pvp as update bit by bit IF we get proper episodes/dlcs this is far more important and the ones that keep this game up are the PVE players

If they gave us good episode like we had in origin crisis where both raids had 5 bossfights each raid and were difficult to keep us entertained a very long time and im not talking about the bugs/gliches of the episode i dont count such failures in,then i wouldnt be on the forum so much if they actually would give us good dlcs

Im deeply unhappy with the episodes and want them to do something to fix this i see it myself how many actually stopped playing the game when a bad episode came out it takes a few hours or days for people to say „no i dont like this“ and they lost someone and lost revenue and after the openworld bountys even more left. Even from my friendlist im talking about from 40 people being online now only 5-6 of the same players that played during justice league dark-metal part 1&2.

People want to play DC but the episodes are simply not enjoyable and not worth the time and money to many people i only play and subscribe because im hoping they give us the content the game and the community deserves in the next episode and the ones after that. Since they take our feedback serious i trust in them and thats why i still play but the way it is currently is definetly not fun for me and most that subsrice for episodes. And im sure the episode bracket list will proof this even further that the episode that good difficult and good raid content will win the list. When people talk about origin crisis they most of the time talk about the raids thats what made this episode so unique.

Im not saying they should only focus on raids its just one of the biggest reasons why alot subscribe and where most spend replay badges on and it generates revenue and if they would work on this they could do more sells and all freetoplay-regular-elite players benefit from well designed raids. (Event,normal,elite difficulty) and they need to rework the rewards for raids they dont give enough considering the time,effort,skill they take (Elite raids) look at solos they give the best rewards per replay token but are the easyiest and fastest instance to run i think theres something wrong.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Wasn't the whole reason they gave up because players all wanted changes but none of them could agree on anything? I don't care what happens to it either way. I think if they do bring it back, bring it back for members only. Monetized. Done. Add characters for $5 each for lpve. Have pvp completely seperate from pve so they don't break each other. Meaning you go into phase shifter and all your augs and arts and gear are changed. It would mean a 2nd grind but if they want it, it's there to chase. Replay badges get put into play after a set number of matches or something or do it like dailies, 1v1 is cheap to replay, 4v4 costs same as alert, 8v8 costs the same as a raid.
    • Like x 5
  13. BƖack Dedicated Player

I really hope so OP!
    It would be really great to enjoy PVP once again.
    • Like x 1
  14. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I swear your like a broken record. All aspects of the game need to be looked at not just Episode this or raid that. Powers, Styles, PvP, PvE (solos, duos, alerts, raids, elite) all them are facets in dcuo whether you like it or not full stop. So stop being a broken record and start discussing properly on the proper threads it not all about episodes and raids you made your point vocal enough. I personally detest PvP but it is a facet of dcuo that needs to be looked at especially as it enjoyment for others though i don't get the fun people seem to enjoy it.
    • Like x 8
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again. If they want to monetize PvP they should go the time capsule route with PvP time capsules. instead of PvE statted gear, you can get PvP statted gear plus some PvP exclusive drops and items. The funds generated from PvP time capsules can be invested in a PvP revamp, content and such like new maps, arenas etc. There still would be style/gear added to grind for with PvP marks too. PvE time capsules can parallel PvP time capsules when released.
    • Like x 2
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

They need to go with a PVP&PVE concept like Destiny did.

Even though they are owned by global7 they still operate in the same capacity so this doesnt directly change their resource management.

A PVP overhaul would cost hundreds of man hours. A comparison made earlier was a dev spends 60 hours working on the new time capsule vs a dev working on a pvp overhaul. The one that makes the most money will win. Hopefully a new creative director that actually plays the game can fix this.
  17. zNot Loyal Player

I swear you sound like a bully like some others that dont provide feedback when replying but think they can just talk other feedback down without replying to facts and posts from developers about this topic.

You know what the difference between my requests and yours are?
    Mine actually would greatly help to generate revenue for the game and wouldnt be difficult to pull off and effects most players that will make the game grow get the difference? you guys request 100 different things that only a minority wants thats often freetoplay/premium and we cant even have enjoyable episodes which people like me pay monthly for,look at how many years people are requesting pvp mepps has already stated hes opinion about it and yet the same threads pop up what will you tell me now? It had 20% participation on its peak while generating little revenue.

Are you here to help them grow or to just waste their ressources and time on things most players wont benefit from? Even you and zoe said yourselfs you dont do pvp proofing my point that you try to promote something that is for a minority that is almost gone from the game. This game has been going for PVE only for years all of the sudden you want it back while the game is doing fairly good.

Funny how you and zoe try to promote something yourselfs admitted to not play. :) :) :)

I know episodes have more issues then just the raids but to me the raid one is the most obvious and important one and i can talk about the one i want to its none of your business. You dont have to reply to me and i will never do what you ask me to do.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

See thats a more logical and realistic view these other people think the devs can magically rework 100 different things and have enough ressources to „balance everything perfect“. But then they ask for new powers that make the game unbalance look at this mentality.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

And i agree with the devs why would work on something that doesnt give enough money back? The people here getting triggered about facts can reply all they want to me im full with the devs on this one.
  20. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Say the the one who thinks he knows everything by saying raids and episodes are the be all and end all of DCUO. Where different people enjoy different aspects of the game you opinion is heavily Flawed I know people who play stuff just to have fun. I know people that just enjoy PvP and I know people that only prefer to create styles.

Perhaps you need to look up the word bully imo I haven't solely targetted you just to get a laugh or to make my self feel better. I just stated Episodes and Raids are not just the only thing that bring people in which according to you it only thing thats does. I stated that multiple facets of dcuo are what bring people. More people more money etc you get the gist.

Thank you. Your on my on ignore list so I don't see you bias.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.