Soo, Enad Global7 owns many PvP franchises

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elren, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

No i meant i cant really believe that you would want to skip 2-3 episodes without getting anything just for a big pvp update.
    Im sure many would leave the game and stop their membership once they hear this so is it worth it for the devs to do something that would damage their business?
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Oh believe it, it's my position, ideally of course you'd just increase resources to work on pvp seperately, but yes if I knew they were working on pvp for the greater good I'd forgo pve content.
    • Like x 5
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Considering how much revenue dcuo made im dissappointed that they havent given us better episodes aswell as a pvp update at some point in time.

But i dont think thats on the dev team but on daybreak since they are the ones that decide how much ressources the dev team have aviable if im correct?
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

By some inexplicable coincidence, people who love PvP constantly insist that "most players" want PvP content.

Players who don't like PvP meanwhile constantly insist that "most players" want PvE content.

Back in reality, neither side has the faintest idea what the actual numbers are as regards current member preferences, past member preferences, or possible future membership preferences and how they might be affected by DCUO choices.

Anyone on the forums who attempts to use the "I speak for most players" claim instantly reveals themselves as self-delusional, at best, confusing their personal desires with what everyone else wants.

At worst, it's an intentionally dishonest gambit.

In either case, anything said by anyone claiming to speak for anyone but themselves is instantly dismissable since debating with people who are either delusional or dishonest is an utter waste of time.

tl;dr: Nobody on the forums should ever try to pretend they're speaking for anyone other than themself. It's counter-productive because it destroys the credibility of the writer.

This is a general point not directed at any given individual. It simply applies to anyone who claims to speak for anyone other than themself.
    • Like x 5
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You were asked why the THE LAST LAUGH PvP DLC was so unpopular. Pretending it never happened is not a convincing response.

What did you think of THE LAST LAUGH?
    • Like x 4
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Paragraphing is your friend.
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

Just because you don't like it is not a valid enough reason to alienate the entire portion of the community that does.

In this game, I would classify myself more so as a PVPer. Yet, I've always paid a legendary membership when active. Many other players just like me who have done the same that are no longer here because of the neglect. Are you still really going to say we don't matter or never did?

So, how does PVP not make the game grow? In the days at its best we saw a much healthier population.

Mindsets like yours do nothing but contribute to hurting this game's truest potential. That additional 20% percent to our COMMUNITY makes a difference; it always has.
    • Like x 4
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I have no problem if they work on PVP seperatly but if they cut down on PvE then most member would have a issue with it. Because most still prefer PVE wherever you like it or not.

If such update will be a failure and they lose money on it what will the excuse of the tiny pvp community be?

Is the pvp community ready to spend money like the PVE community does? If not then dont be suprised the devs have regret doing pvp dlcs is there anymore proof you need to know? No revenue = no content/updates. If PVE wasnt succesfull this game would be probably shut down already.

PVP did almost nothing for the game in all of these years.
  9. Saami Loyal Player

It was horrible. All i wanted for PvP was ranking. I wanted a long term goal.

Last Laugh DLC was nothing like that. It could work, IF PvP DLCs would have launched at least as often as PvE DLCs.

I hope im not answering to troll...
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if any of this were in my control i would at least be throwing a few new maps in pvp per dlc, and then if the new maps were showing signs of an uptick in pvp then i would worry about "fixing". of course im also the guy that thinks every dlc should have had an open world, a solo, duo, 4 player and at least one raid(not counting elite versions) as well as new pvp maps and even a new Legend (or at least every other dlc for a new legend). Why you ask? because that would hit pretty much every aspect of the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Solarbound Committed Player

That doesn't even make any sense. PVP has been a feature in the game since the beginning of its time. Why would anyone have a problem on further development towards a portion of the game that has suffered such neglect after so long? Sounds like you're only about yourself here.

That idea of appropriate funding towards PVP would first have to come from understanding the target audience. The Last Laugh DLC was a "failure" because they ignored that simple principle. Most of the PVP community bought into that DLC. They're the ones who mattered because it catered to them.

The PVP community has been spending money. What part of myself along with many others who are PVPers that have paid legendary memberships did you not understand? There's a lot of indirect sourcing of income that you're seeming to ignore in this. Besides, the PVP community has been more than ready to open their wallets for further PVP additions. Plenty of forum posts expressing that.

PVP has done more than it's fair share for this game after all of these years. Most of the big names in this community who helped to popularize this game were PVPers. Remember that.
    • Like x 4
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Things not going your way?
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

To be clear most of what you wrote were opinions, or at best observations, they weren't facts.

At the end of the day if I had to choose between assets being devoted to PVE or PVP, I'd pick PVE every time. That said I can say that PVP was a substantial draw for a good portion of my league/friends a few years back.

Speaking for myself, while I'm not super competitive I always thought it was a fun bridge between gaps in content. If the money is there I'd like them to put some assets into bringing it back as a viable aspect of the game.
    • Like x 4
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I was never a huge PvPer but I echo that it'd be nice if we got an update in the future. The Heroes vs Villains dynamic in this game would really open up if it did.
    • Like x 2
  15. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Will you stop being so reasonable? Don't you know this is an internet forum? ;)

Seriously, though, I have NO IDEA how big the PvP crowd is, but I know most of the players I run with enjoy PvP along with PvE. So I refuse to speak for anyone other than myself. And while *I* don't like PvP because I'm too competitive and always end up ragequitting or being obnoxious (or both, lord help me), I have nothing against PvP as a play style or preference. And, as PvP was part of this game once and well-loved by the folks who did it, I am absolutely in favor of it being restored to some sort of glory, however that can be accomplished.

And with that, I'll shut up for a bit and let folks make suggestions and have hope. I strongly recommend the ignore function of these forums for people who can only make one point and repeat it endlessly and annoyingly despite any reasonable arguments thrown in their path. There is a point of diminishing returns in arguing with such people. Just a thought.
    • Like x 4
  16. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

This is a horrible take on the situation, but I understand that it is no fact and just personal opinion.
    • Like x 2
  17. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

The stats revamp which was solely intended on fixing PVE ended up ruining the game so maybe if was PVE that ruined the game??
    • Like x 2
  18. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

PVP players actually spend a lot of money on the game lmao. Skill Points are important and if you want to be a top PVPer. You’re gonna need to also do a lot of PVE. Yeah PVP is F2P but I can promise you that PVP players generate the most revenue for this game and did back in the earlier days when there was only “20% participation” PVP being fixed isn’t a minority opinion as you’re the only one arguing for PVP to not get touched at all. The population is pretty low actually because of how lackadaisical PVP is. DC has all the PVE content in the world right now. You can afford to wait an extra month or 2 especially if that extra month or 2 could bring back a lot of players. Which will increase the engagement in PVE. You can’t be this slow minded.
    • Like x 2
  19. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I think the RPS (Rock, Paper, scissor) mechanic was widely accepted amongst PVPers until a particular youtuber had the devs ear way to much.

MMOs in general have PVP and removing it would cause a lot of anger despite the small amount who enjoy it. Myself, i don't play it, but i can see how important it is for the game.

If PVP can be fixed and with DCUO combat system it as the potential to even be a eSport.
    • Like x 4
  20. zNot Loyal Player

„PVP players generate the most revenue for this game“ Stop lying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.