Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The K-os X Active Player

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt?????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!! :((

Here are my questions to this:

1. How will this impact supscriptions and its cost/access/benefits
    2. Will there be a migration again? and what does it imply (as in will everything be migrated ? what about SC and so on?)
    3. Will unique items like Batman cowl, Unique Auras like smoke aura come back again or will they still as told before...NEVER come back?
    4. Will we still have Cross Platforms with the PS3/PS4/PC Servers?
    5. Will the current devs still work for this game ( spytle,mepps, tunso,etc) or will they(you) be replaced??
    6. What about Subscriptions who are ongoing like my yearly Sub?? will it continue with the new company as well or will i get money back worth my remaining time?
    7. I am so much in shock right now that i am even considering of selling my account because of the FEAR (no ring involved here) that crosses my mind that this game is going to turn out bankrupt or Pay2Win or a CashGrab or whatever FAIL other word or description you want to give it.

PS: IF the same DEVS will still stay (which i asume they would), then i would stop panicking ....but only a little :)

WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM THE DEVS :D
    • Like x 1
  2. WonderValkyrie New Player

DCUO and everquest next coming to an xbox one near you, lol
    • Like x 3
  3. Brit Lantern Active Player

• Like x 2
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Right. A website can be a great marketing tool, or it can be a financial bleed. I don't think the squinty guy on this Fortune 100 company website does them too many favors: http://www.chsinc.com (loading it different times may give you different squinty guys).
  5. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Im sick to my stomach
    • Like x 2
  6. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

This terrifies me.
    • Like x 6
  7. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

@Mepps

When will you be letting the new DBG people know that I am considered the best gates player of all time, and that I 1 shot tanks in troll stance?

Also, if they have questions, feel free to direct them to my PM inbox.
  8. Brit Lantern Active Player

Why so negative?
    • Like x 3
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think we'll be good so long as the investors keep to the number sheets and don't read the forums :D
    • Like x 3
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is interesting news. Very interesting.

Take overs usually result in a lot of "trimming the fat". I just hope DCUO clears it's costs and generates a healthy profit otherwise this game will be the first to close. Especially because they're paying a hefty licensing fee for it.

Hopefully the new bosses order a review of the monetisation in DCUO because right now, in my opinion, it sucks and relies too much on replay badges.

Who knows, maybe the new bosses will finally can the PS3 version or maybe give the go ahead for a sequel :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    • Like x 8
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Yeah i forget stuff fast when i get all excited lol :p
    • Like x 1
  12. WonderValkyrie New Player

so when dcuo comes to xbox, will i be able to transfer my ps4 character over and play with friends there? probably not?
  13. akaivy Dedicated Player

If it weren't for the developers keeping me updated about DLC, fixes and changes, I would seriously consider not even coming to this forum. The people here always see the glass as half empty, always look at things negatively, never offer encouragement or look at the upside of things.

Mepps, et. al., I hope this works out well for you guys and for DCUO. I hope it gives you the opportunity to work on other things and expand your horizons. I also hope this means good things for DCUO.

As for the rest of you? Well, here's your sign:

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  14. MidnightWolfie New Player

As long as character and account transfers are fine and nothing gets hurt, i'm fine with this change :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Probably not.Even with the cross over severs they are not letting pc go to ps3 or ps4 But never can tell Anything can happen in the world.
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Finally Someone Not Depressing someone that agrees with the idea :)
  17. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

This can go 3 ways as I see it. The most likely in my opinion is that they kill Dc due to the licensing fee being to much for their profit margins. The second most likely they destroy the game by milking it by making it p2w etc, etc. The third and least likely is they make it better with a bigger staff and budget. I can only hope.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Why do you people always assume the worst why not the best???
    MORE PEOPLE for Dcuo Cross Severs Extra Game play and much much more
  19. Brit Lantern Active Player

There's another popular game that recently had a similar thing and I took my playstation 3 character over to the Xbox One.

I guess if that company can do it then any company can especially as the characters or server side.
  20. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Because we've seen this before. Plus even if it goes to Xbox, Xbox doesn't let cross play!
    Every other MMO that has gone through a sale like this has died. Or come very close to it.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.