Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanNinja New Player

wow, this sucks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This hasn't been true at all. We were always treated the same as anyone else.
    • Like x 6
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

who knows, today we are seeing the end of an era, and we know how firm MS is with their policies (in the sense that if it benefits them enough they will change them).
    • Like x 1
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I'm thinking when these last few dlc's are done so will DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

well let's be honest for a moment, that feeling has been going on for a while now, if anything this is a breath of fresh air.
    • Like x 1
  6. Davis New Player

Its too soon to predict if this is good or bad, we just have to wait and see. For now lets try and stay optimistic about it.
    • Like x 6
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's more complicated then that.

Sony are desperate for cash. So SOE could be fine.... but they need to sell something to get some much needed cash in.
    And if you want cash..... you need to sell something of value.

So SOE could be doing more then fine and that could be the exact reason why it is sold.

That is also one of the reasons why Sony are considering things like having Spiderman in Avengers or Civil War.

Sony did a lot of bad moves these past many years..... and now they almost need to sell the furnitures just to be able to pay the rent on the house.... so to speak.

Or in DCUO terms... they need to sell Marks of Fury to get Marks of Triumph to be able to pay the rent on the mainframe. ;)
    • Like x 7
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

lol Spytle already said a while back after this batch, they start working on a Kryptonian DLC, and eventually Origin Crisis 2 which has a connection to Amazon Fury 2, and I really doubt the company would have bought them if it didn't believe in them.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

you do realize talking about being optimistic, with a GIF of the new Sith, is not a good combination.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

You see this guy he gets it.;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It could be.

Too soon to know for sure.
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

This is good news i am unsure why some players might think its the end of dcuo.But Congrats To yall working for soe i know you guys are doing a great job.
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Investment firms buy companies all the time to break them up and sell them off to make more money DCUO is a licensed game so I'm sure they really didn't think much about it when they bought SOE.
    • Like x 1
  14. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Does this mean more devs?

That could mean more resources to fix bugs, balance powers, and put less stress on current, understaffed devs.

Woo hoo!
    • Like x 2
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

I like the way you think I didn't even think of that this guy hes smart ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

When can we expect more information about this?
    • Like x 1
  17. Kroye Loyal Player

^
  18. Leveilleur Well-Known Player

Hi thundergirl jk but yeah if this goes well it could mean them getting more staff members which means more better content and more fixes to.dcuo but im also interested in the new products they will come out with.
    • Like x 1
  19. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Question for Mepps: Will the Support team stay the same ? (For when you file a ticket). I've always found them to be very helpful and also very fast in resolving issues. I'd hate to lose that.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You didn't think of that even though Mepps says in the first post that they expect to have more resources available?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.