So, Doom Spin Non-Mastery will get fixed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Uhm, hard no. Unless the prevailing logic is "bring long-execute requirement weapon combos up to Doom Spin", I don't think this tracks. It's not okay for Powers to be broken just because they're Powers - they've BEEN broken for a LONG, LONG TIME, and if we're gonna make exceptions for that? Then we can make exceptions for this.

Spiteful.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This is true.
    • Like x 2
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, and that's said too....

Chain Gun, Berserk and so on...
  4. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Game breaking? Is it being used in elite raids? The solo is your test scenario for determining if something is game breaking? One ability that is great for solos, duos or alerts does not make it a game breaking move. Seeing these Doom Spin, Prec, etc needs nerfed is hilarious. Boss damage is more important than trash damage.
    • Like x 5
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Regardless of what anyone else thinks Doom spin should not be doing 16% more dmg than other weapons. Without having to use wm for a prec buff is down right out of line. Come on get real people. I'm a prec dps and I wouldn't be butt hurt at all if this got fix. I'm not a noob who just doom spins to top the board
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it sounds like you're not actually using it at all, to be frank.

it sounds like you saw this video, came in here and started yelling about doom spin.
    • Like x 2
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm not yelling. I actually love doom spin it's way op I hope they don't fix it because I like not working hard for dmg. It's a nice easy ride beating the solo and duo and alert with no skill at all. By all means plz do not fix this weapon. I'm butt hurt about the weapon pass so plz don't fix 2 handed leave it be. I also like getting private messagings asking me if iv got 500sp but I tell them nope just 250sp
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He uses Doom spin, and when DW/flurry was the go-to he used that as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you’re crying about a weapon that does good in solo duos AND alerts. That changes everything!!! You do realize that those are proper testing grounds. I pug with a lot of random people who I double without using doom spin in alerts all the time. So that means that every weapon should be nerfed. I’ve seen a might dps double another dps while I was healing so that means that we should just need things that work in alerts.

Look here’s the thing. If you truly want to test things you have to go up against people of different powers of different styles (might/prec) in raid of a current dlc. But you have to run with the same people using optimal loadouts with similar skill points numerous times. This is not practical which is why most people test numbers in the sparring target to get a baseline outline for how a power COULD perform. But that doesn’t account for when tanks have to kite or when tanks have trouble pulling adds due to numerous factors. It’s times like this that show certain loadouts don’t work in raids but show they are great on sparring targets.

Like doom spin. It does amazing when adds are gathered up. However it’s not good at all when tanks have to kite or when tanks need to juggle or can’t pull adds. This is because doom spin puts you in a slowed down state where you can’t follow adds.

As for doom spin doing more damage than weapon mastery combos.. weapon mastery isn’t a thing any more. It’s a concept from the AM age. Weapon mastery is now cross weapon combos. They aren’t buffed simply for being a combo. They follow the same rules as regular combos.
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Are u a broken weapon fan boy? Do u not know we had a weapon pass and 2 handed was tested and everyone said it was out of line yet mepps said it's intended for how long the spin am is. Yet u can cancel the spin anytime u want and interrupt any target u wish with no skill at all because it's a slow weapon. Add that with sparring ai and the weapon already being 16% over others. And u have an out of line weapon. Especially using it with broken powers
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re clearly not reading what has been said multiple times...
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

look, if you're using Doom Spin, you know three things about it -

1. to get "optimal" damage out of it, PERIOD, you need to be in the spin portion of the combo, the windup takes about 2 seconds alone to complete and there's no jump cancelling to make it faster, like DW - > Flurry spam. Not to mention the amount of precision build back end you need.

2. to get "optimal" damage out of it, in a hybrid situation : there aren't a lot of Powers that set-up a sufficient enough DOT cycle in a compressed enough timeframe to make it an "ideal" follow-up combo : even the Rage clip you posted isn't ideal performance for the powerset in question, as occasioned by the fact that ANOTHER RAGE HYBRID VIDEO DOING MORE DAMAGE WAS POSTED DIRECTLY BELOW THIS THREAD. And don't give anyone this line -

after this

came out your mouth. If balance was so important to you, you'd have been burning down a couple other doors a long time ago and I can't help but notice, this is the hill you're on.

3. doesn't matter what the cancel time is, because the time to get back into the main portion of the combo is still 2 seconds; not to mention that block counters it INSTANTLY, which resets the entire combo. Also not to mention things like sustainable 62K electric rotations that you can use while you're sitting in a different time zone.

It's awesome at killing a pile of adds and it does great at sparring target stuff but in real play, you do have to do more than just spam Doom Spin, or you die. Says the guy who's been using it for years, not weeks.

or -

Maybe worry less about what other people enjoy for a little bit, mmmm?
    • Like x 4
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

If it's intended for a normal weapon combo to does more damage for a weapon mastery combo so i really do not know what balance is.
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Keep in mind people using this dont even really know how to use it they just doom spin. Now what if my artifacts were 200 and my gear was all reg. I mean this weapon makes me cringe when I use it and have no op gear no artifacts at 200 yet. I beat people with 3 rank 200 and all op gear and elite. That would make me cry I mean they probably got 500sp that would make me cry. Getting beat hard in aoe dmg and single. But by all.means let keep it like this til more people get the trick down and watch it get fixed. It's too soon still
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

man, how about this - you devote this kind of energy to fixing the power balance, then come back here and try to get this nerfed after that's done.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They already did a weapons pass, so fixing doom spin would be as simple as one programmer taking a few minutes to open up the program and changing a number or two. A powers pass would be a huge month-long team project.
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sadly, LPVE was unaffected by the weapons pass. If we have to put up with this dastardly doomspin debacle, it would be nice to at least be able to Kyle Raynor doomspin my way through a couple hundred LPVE runs in a few hours.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

direct dev quote also says "working as intended" so...
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Mepps also said if people feel it's an issue the discussion can continue. I think Metal II has shown us the devs heavily rely on our user experience and feedback
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh. I'm a little tired of people trying to nerf my homerow power set and weapon choices; I'm not in here every other day screaming NERF EARTH so.