Single Target parses

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by crap zappa, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

In my "OPINION", the best way to get an "average" (against a sparring target) parser, is basically how Trykz stated.

No buffs.
    No trinkets.
    No allies (passive or active).
    No SC.
    No cola.
    No orbital.
    No supply.
    Nothing but your power tray.

Run 5 different ST runs, at 60 sec each (you'll be hitting a boss for at least 60 seconds).
    Write down each 60 sec run's damage per second, and find the average of those 5. (Calculated by adding them all together, then divide by 5).

Then to find your average high end "POTENTIAL" damage, you run 5 60 second runs where you unload everything (trinkets, buff, cola, pets, allies, supply, orbital, Omega, super charge, etc). Find the average for that, and that is basically your high end average potential.

Those parsers will change in actual content. If you're clamped at 270, it'll be lower. If you're boosted to 333, it'll be higher. If you're in top end content, it'll likely be even higher. A sparring target is to get a "general idea" of your powers' output capabilities.
    • Like x 2
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

Considering you and AV have done a great deal of testing for the community, I hold your “opinion” on how it should be done in high regard.
    Thanks for setting a clear example.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The way I do it is actually using all types of parsers. But then again I’m a little to thorough from what I’ve been told. I do the same thing you posted but in addition I’ll do other tests. I do the base line you said but for aoe and ST. Yes I understand you (hopefully) won’t be fighting adds for 60s at a time. It I do this to test the baseline for my aoe.

Then I do a single 10 second parser then let it reset followed by another 10 sec parser then reset. Adds should be dying in 10s (ish) so this is to test rotations that have a higher front loaded rotation. For example, electrics base rotation you see everywhere uses a rotation that doesn’t get full damage up until deep past the 10s mark. Using arc, vblast, genesis, ecute, tball, circuit breaker you typically see a rotation of 123 125 124 125. So you don’t get both 12 seconds dots up until the 9th second. By which time things start dying. But using the same loadout order you could instead go with 412 512 312 512. Doing this and you get both dots up by the 7th second. But regardless, I use 10s parsers to test speed damage. I also use 1 second parsers to get. Better understanding of. The second by second of the 10 second parser. Primarily the first 5 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

in the Combat chat tab, there are a bunch of parser tools that read your incoming, outgoing damage, power production, healing, all sorts of things.

You can set the actual parser read length (essentially the time between parser reports) in the Settings - > Gameplay Tab under the Combat Parser Interval option, and you can change what's visible in the Combat Chat by going to Settings - > Chat Options and editing the Combat Chat Tab.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Pale's method is more or less the "What's my actual baseline for output" method. Which is the method everyone should use when they're checking to see where improvements can be made and determining what is working correctly. If you're doing something just to see how high the dial goes though? Go nuts.

Regarding parser length variations:

I do something similar.

I use 30 second tests, no buffs, to establish a baseline for "actual rotation damage"; essentially what you'd be doing in a Boss Fight assuming you're not getting killed at the time.

10 second parses to see what an individual cycle through a rotation is functionally outputting - which I settled on mostly because I used to use a lot of Precision builds, and also because it's a rough example of an individual Raid hallway fight. Also, this is the best way to check relative levels of SC damage, especially if you're using one of the Buff type SC's (NVB, Berserk, CB).

After Combat (with the RSK off) so I can see what the individual pieces of a rotation do; like check the aggregate on Amplified Heat Vision or determining what has the best yield for the Might portions of a Precision rotation entry combo, things like that.
    • Like x 3
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ah yes, forgot to add after combat. I’m on ps so I don’t have access to the add on or whatever it is that chills uses to see how much each power I’d contributing during a rotation. So I use out of combat to test individual powers and superchargers. This is how I determine which abilities to use in a loadout and how I test these special abilities like FB who need to be clipped at a specific spot.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'll do other checks after I develop the base-line.
    For example, with aoe (I'll apply my above restrictions first for the tests), then I'll go at the 3 targets, then 8, with just about every combination of powers possible (once I get a base line for each tray power itself).

For 3 targets, in a brand new dlc, where they go down slowly at first, my rotation with some powers will vary. It'll be different than what works (usually) on 8 targets. So I'll get base rotations for 3 target burst, 3 target dot, more adds burst and more adds dot's.

Electric for example, a brand new dlc would have electrogenesis in the loadout for 3 targets that die slow, whereas once you're geared, a more burst loadout would be needed.
    In the beginning, it might look like electrogenesis, arc, Tesla ball, HV, voltaic: then later it might like arc, Tesla, electro static bomb, voltaic.
    (These are examples, not necessarily meta).

There's really only 1 power that I know, that has a cookie cutter loadout for brand new content, that doesn't change even after geared up, and that's Rage melee. So the others I've tested (which isn't every power), will have adjustments to make (at least for my tray).

But then you gotta throw in various artifact combinations. Strategist isn't good for more burst type damage where stuff goes down fast, but in the beginning of new content, strategist might be required to reach high performance. Which is one thing that is unique for each person, artifacts and their application to the tray powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually started using the 5 man targets over the 8 targets. The dom check for the 5 targets is higher so I can use my full gear without worry about CCing the targets and having them bounce everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Pale definitely gets it. My quick reference guide for my toons personally is 10sec parsers/ no added buffs/ supers/ orbitals/ no nothing that isn’t just basic rotation:

St: 55k range will have you holding your own in pug groups. This is my lower toons range. AoE will be in the 80s with 3 targets. Like 120-160 mixed art toons should be around there. Slightly lower will still have you helpful in pug land.

My next good toons will put down mid 60s/ low 70s ST and 110s on 3. Can get higher but averages are right there.

My top toon is pet build and that’s pretty hard to test due to how the pets get power back. He can hit anywhere from 80s to 120k ST and have even seen as high as 150s. AoE 3 target is still pretty impossible to tell for same reason but never goes below 130k. But have seen some crazy highs that I’m not even sure I should put up to risk it getting nerfed. But pet builds are a bit sporadic and again, not great on sparring targets. But I think I’ll be tapping 2s next dlc
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I should likely hit the 5 here and there was well, to get a "tank holding aggro in place" idea for certain powers (like ebb with water). Although for duo and some alert running, I do like the cc effects of the 3 targets because in content, ebb will throw adds around there as well. So getting the split up kinda forces me to switch primary targets to get more damage on the targets.

Hellstroke, those pet builds are for real. I've seen some insane stuff, but I've also seen some "what the heck were my pets doing" type of numbers lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If I had a PC to get on test, I would have every power, with every artifact combination, with each optimal rotation made, just for fun. Someone could ask, 'what's the best rotation for these artifacts I've got, on this power' and I'd already have it in notes lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha, it’s something you get used to. And once the artifacts are at 200, you won’t have to worry about it as much. As far as which pet the shard hits, it’s supposedly the distance between you and them that decides which pet gets it. I haven’t had to test that theory. Always had mine at 200. But yeah, it all makes sense eventually. Everyone that’s tried to copy me hasn’t seen the same results but I tell them they will once they’re used to knowing when to use which powers or when to hold off on feeding fury to wait out gw or when to not wait out gw and feed anyway blah blah. I’ve been using source and sorc combo since day one and sorc since launch. Tried so many things that I had no choice but to git gud with it.

The thing you always need to look out for is if your pets followed you. Coue, fury constantly stays outside so have to desummon and resummon during the fight. He also hates the fp duo after the add waves. He just hides in that room after so have to desummon resummon again. And fury is terrified of Hydra in wv bounties. Will not attack it. Or maybe they’re friends. He also seems to like trigon on coue and floats around more than attacks. And again for giant mordru. You have to get up close to get him in the mood to keep fighting. Quislet and grim are always good but for a few weeks, and when he launched, quislet was terrible. They fixed and buffed and he was great then he broke again and now he’s back and good again.
    • Like x 2
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It is the closest ones.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've tried to stay close to fury, and have had to resummon a few times to get his rear in gear.
    Yes, I mentioned to another friend about watching the charge/power bar on fury, that sometimes you can get it filled twice in one godwave if you time it right (can anyone say devastation lol). I'm definitely having fun with Sorcery again.

It'll be fun to test it's limits once the artifacts are maxed, to see what bounties might be able to solo (likely guardian will take the solo spot for the taunting).
    • Like x 2
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If y’all can find a bop troll to run with, it gets insane. I unfortunately can’t. Well, one friend does but the prec and might players want him tac swapping cog and tetra and he can’t be adding that to the mix. Soon each league mate will have a pet centered toon setup between troll/ tank/ heal/ dps players so then that should be a great time.
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've heard about the bop troll stuff, making pets get full charge more often. That would be insane!
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I use the bop art. If anyone asks my to use a different art I tell them that I’d love to as soon as they are willing to pay for my arts.
    • Like x 4
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We are always looking for a troll so I’ll look for you to get the unfair advantage for once haha. Isn’t the bop arti good for battle trolling?

Edit: jeez I really am Captain Derailment. Sorry op but I think we answered your question right? I was just on them again and my numbers all seem right where I said they were. Finally got my ice and water toons happy with AoE and st load outs.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much. When I’m running with average dps I’m usually top dps, good dps have about 1.5, and great dps double lol. So I’ve been able to use my troll to get an estimate of dps lol. I use the claw, bop, and strat
    • Like x 1
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

To answer the original question:

[IMG]

90082 /s average; Mental Battle Controller, Single Target Precision LO. No Speed, no EoG, no SC, no damage-increase Allies; basic buffs only. I'm not even using Flurry. 355 CR, still missing a few things. 200 Arts.

Usually around 75-80K/s completely unbuffed. Her damage output gets Unpleasant when you have someone else do the debuffing.

[IMG]

76716/s average; completely unbuffed. Fire Might ST build. No special anything. I'm not even tac swapping. 351 CR, still missing more than a few things. 200 Arts.

With basic buffs (omega and soder / DPS) - that average is 85K/s. She has a troll follow her around, and it gets Unpleasant.

Those are probably my best two single target performers; as discussed above, however?

Basically anything over 50K/s is solid production in any non-Elite content; right now, I assume Might meta is probably in a range around 80-90K, precision will vary on build, and the spikes in performance from the "fixins" are usually sufficient to make up any lack in a Rotation-only performance estimate.
    • Like x 3