Single Target parses

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by crap zappa, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Requake Dedicated Player

I'm talking 10 sec parses, so yes damage, per, second.

And before you brainiacs claim 30s parses are better, did you know you can just divide your 30s parse by 3 to achieve the same result!????

I've seen, on stream, gadgets parse 100k consecutively every 10 seconds without anything 'big'

And I'm not counting stealth as big.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Stealth, with Tornado Pull, allows secondary clipping into the Stealth Segment for additional damage
    Stealth WITHOUT Tornado Pull is still an excellent start, using the intended method (Offensive Ability - > Weapon Buff - > Stealth - > Surprise Attack) still does a lot, but the majority of the extra damage is coming from Stealth exploitation, Turret clipping permissivity, and Tornado Pull Spam. Gadgets precision as such is barely actually a precision playstyle - it's clip exploitation of Superspeed Movement Modes abilities with a handful of Weapon Combos as icing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yuuuuup. +1
  4. Requake Dedicated Player

What's your point?
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

That’s why you see gadgets on YouTube doing those numbers, they are abusing unintended mechanics and super speed movement abilities.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You don’t divide anything to get 10s parsers from 30s parsers. That’s not how it works. When you use 10s parsers you will get some parsers where strat procced on more than average targets for full duration and others you get less strat ticks. You also have some where you just happen to get more crits and others with less. So it’s not about dividing or multiplying anything.

Saying you divide 30s parsers time get 10s parsers does nothing at all. If someone got 100k using a 30s parser they wouldn’t be doing 33k on a 10s parser. 10s are good to show highs and lows. Good to test revup for adds. Good to test segments if rotations. But if you want a real estimate of your dps than you use 60s parsers it’s at least 30s parsers because it smooths puts the highs and lows to the more accurate average.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I think it’s the insane animation on tornado pull that allows it to be clipped like that. And suppressor turret being Able to be jumped clipped in stealth is a little too much on ST
    • Like x 1
  8. Requake Dedicated Player

Ok forum warriors talking trash about gadgets and 'exploiting'

I'm might elec right now and on single target I parse 90k PeR SeCoNd over 30 seconds.

All this by spamming 3 powers, maybe they should nerf elec too? :O

Oh and this is without amulet****
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You don’t have to take it personally. Nothing said here was false. 30s parsers are more accurate than 10s parsers. Gadgets can abuse certain mechanics and gadgets can take advantage of a double tick that is clearly not intended. That tick is not intended because not other power can do it. Whether you like or dislike the turret clipping and stealth is fine. You can be for or against it. But facts are facts. A dps who uses 10s parsers and gets 50k 50k and 100k does not have 100k dps. Those are just facts.
    • Like x 3
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

The best dps I know is might gadgets.
    He uses none of the exploits or cheeses, and still puts up the best numbers I’ve ever seen consistently, while getting pickups and running mechanics.
    Gadgets is a high input high out put power with a high base line dps. It doesn’t need to use broken mechanics or cheese movement mode abilities to be an S ranked power. I’m not on the nerf gadgets team. I am however on the , let’s look at SS, team.
    • Like x 1
  11. Requake Dedicated Player

All I can assume is that in the land of the blind the one eyed is king.

Anyhows, back on topic and actually providing the OP with legit numbers;
    out of personal curiosity, I parsed on a single target dummy last night:

https://imageupload.io/i/gTM45uTTGU

So, if I take an average of all the parses where I was actually DPS'ing I average for 84520. Starting at the 87168 all the way till the 82254 DPS.

@Brainiacs, feel free to redo the math if you feel the need to.

I also went AOE:

https://imageupload.io/i/4rLQUoJ0E8

This was on 3 targets, which isn't on the picture. But I don't think I could hit 80k's max hits split on 8 targets.
    Granted, the 465 and 360k DPS were with trinket + supply + circuit breaker (I really wanted to try it)

I've seen that combo go well over 700k in Sixth dimension. (Buff cola, compound, a buff troll (most likely only running claw in my favor), EOG)

Are these enough parses to make it credible?
    Is anyone else actually able to throw numbers except claiming they know great DPS?
  12. Requake Dedicated Player

FYI:
    About that, I don't use any superspeed moves, only as a healer I use speed drain and sometimes dash attack to spam EOG, which I would replace by perfect poise in a heartbeat.
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Electric puts out some serious numbers with multiple targets huh! I showed my son my dmg/s after unloading everything on 8 targets, and good jaw dropped lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

I must be missing something.
    We were talking about parsers and baseline dps.
    You seemingly got offended thinking people were talking smack about gadgets
    I said I’m not saying nerf gadgets
    Then you reply this^?
    I’m confused what exactly do you want?
    You want to compare ramp up times?
    Is that why you’re running 10s parsers?
    Is this a dps stick swinging contest?
    Cuz I’m on everyday let’s just run some content if that’s the case Lol
    Or if you just wanna see peoples 10s parsers I can screen shot some for you that’s no big deal lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Requake Dedicated Player

I'm staying on topic, while you are somewhere bound for Narnia.

Not once have I mentioned gadgets in this specific post.

I don't want to compare anything, as I said, I'm trying to stay on topic as the OP LITERALLY asks for parses:

So yes, this is a 'dps stick swinging contest' solely because of the subject of this thread.

And no thanks.
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

You said
    ““Ok forum warriors talking trash about gadgets and 'exploiting'

I'm might elec right now and on single target I parse 90k PeR SeCoNd over 30 seconds.

All this by spamming 3 powers, maybe they should nerf elec too? :O

Oh and this is without amulet****”
    ””
    How is that not saying anything about gadgets? Or calling people out for talking about gadgets?
    That is what I replied to, you are the one who brought that topic into this thread.
    As for the OP numerous posters explained to him why comparing parsers without a standard methodology is pointless. As well as why 10s parsers are not a good method of obtaining baseline dps.
    But anyway, have fun with your stick swinging since you ain’t tryna see how you stack up in actual content.
    • Like x 2
  17. Requake Dedicated Player

Post =/= thread. Next to that, I started the gadget topic, as our league leader was parsing 100k per second, which again, was the OP's question.

And my apologies, I understand now that most casuals have a very abstract view how parsers work or are interpreted but to my knowledge and anyone in my league or anyone 'close to me' will treat it in the exact same way.
    I'll even add an example for you:
    'Hi X, how much do you parse?'
    '100k'

And everyone will understand that means 100k per second

About the 10s parsers, didn't I add about 10 10s parses in a row, I'm sure that would be very a good 'methodology' to measure one's DPS, I even added how much that was on average.

Please teach/explain me ANY better way to measure one's DPS on a sparring target? Again, this is what the OP is asking for.

& Why would I even bother playing with you? You're the one posting on the forums that you finally did the elite alert, I think you're way out my league.

No thanks, I'd rather go for a smooth 15-20 min run, next to that, even if I wanted to, my best guess so far is that you are US.

/thread for me.
  18. Omgilovesteak New Player

Sorry to ask but i am new. Where does one get a parser?
  19. Trykz Dedicated Player

If I were going to make a thread asking for people to post parsers it would look like this.
    “Rules for testing,
    1. Full 310 gear required with tac mods
    2.no Allie’s
    3. No trinkets
    4. Specific amount of skill points slotted
    5. Run five 1 minute parsers.
    6. Average of those is your baseline.
    Or
    1. Blow your load using everything, run 5 30s parsers doing that, avg of those is your burst potential.
    It does t really matter which rules you set up, just as long as everyone is wearing the same gear, and using the same method.
    Otherwise you’re not really comparing anything, you’re just juicing parsers and seeing how high you can get your numbers.

These kind of threads can be pretty detrimental, when you are comparing numbers without any real method you are just going to creat more “this power is op” or “that power is op” type mentalities. These threads aren’t taking into account that powers are set up differently and behave differently on targets than in content.

I wasn’t trying to pick a fight with you or call you out or anything I promise.
    Just want to make sure that if people are going to engage in parser comparisons. They are aware of some of the variables that could cause discrepancies, that’s really all dude. Sorry if I offended you. Take it easy.
    • Like x 1
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

No need to apologize dude, there is a setting in the game, I think under game settings but might be chat settings, to enable parser. You can choose the length of time and set up a chat channel for your combat log.
    • Like x 2