Server Hotfix - February 5, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Jamie New Player

And people like you only confirm that it's the people that can't keep up that call for the nerfs. So you lost a few PvP matches. Learn the tells and adjust to the player. There is no reason that you should be requesting that the power be adjusted to you.
    • Like x 1
  2. Danskii New Player

All you people here crying because they nerfed it need to go sit down somewhere. Complaining that it wasn't OP and how they haven't nerfed HL or Celestial which in fact they did. This power needed a much deserved nerf. I do feel they shouldve just debuffed some of the damage on some powers but outrage needed to have a longer cooldown that it had in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  3. Inndikka New Player

I couldn't DISAGREE more!!! My main Inndikka is a HL Troll. I use Whips AND clip them with themselves after the first chain into ssecond whip. It's simple, does decent damage, helps build super and looks cool. That's the biggest thing for me is that it looks cool. Fits my character. The POINT is that Outrage was SUPPOSE to be clippable and was PROMISED to be. Now it's not and SOE has quite a few upset CUSTOMERS. Me being one of them. I've been playing DC almost since beta, I have a character for EVERY POWERSET and almost ALL of them have clippable powers. A few are clippable with themselves. Clipping Outrage is no different than clipping Snaptrap, ram, fan, jump, repeat. NO DIFFERENT!!! Oh except that its only one power and not 3, but yea you get my meaning. I'm not saying Rage wasn't slightly OP at first, I mean hell my CR46 DPS was out DPSing CR70+ Gadgets and such, but I think that was due to the players bad loadout, we even discussed it after. I watch the numbers cause I like to be up in the top of my class, whichever class/role that may be. I was excited for Rage. The look. The play style. The potential...

Key word. Was.

Not anymore.

I doubt I'll even play her much now. She's just too slow. Play style is different, the potential is screwed, and the desire is lost. The only thing remaining is the determination to see if I can make it work. I have a good loadout and still do good DPS, but as a powerset that's suppose to be like a Berzerker/Barbarian. You're nerfs have made RAGE a laughable power, kinda like how FIRE was when HL came out. Mmmhmm... Just sayin'
    • Like x 2
  4. Dread Active Player

lol I haven't seen them and figure what people think they see is not what is really going on :D Anyhow, someone post the links cause I really don't care to search.
  5. Lorth New Player

Everybody complaining about the virtual keyboard. If you can afford a sub, replays, etc. then I am assuming you'll be able to scrounge up $15 for a wireless keyboard that eliminates all issues. It works perfectly, and I've used this keyboard since they first started selling it in stores. Quit crying and buy one. If you can't afford it, get a job and prioritize your life. It is the size of a Samsung Galaxy S3/4 or iPhone.

http://www.amazon.com/FE01-BL-Wirel...2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391781289&sr=8-2&keywords=favi
  6. OptimusPrime New Player

So like I said I've adjusted to the longer cool down, still always too the charts, but notice ALOT more vulnerability & interruptions & knockbacks & deaths & rage crashes. Please seriously reconsider changing the cool down of outrage to 2 seconds instead of 3. I think that would make everyone happy. Sure ppl are still gonna complain because the same ones who claim rage dps's are too lazy to find a new rotation are simply too lazy to figure out a window when to hold the R1 button. U know, the block button? Because it is blockable u know. It's not fair that it's extremely hard now to cancel a rage crash when u are getting blocked and knocked back & on top of that have a long cool down. It's really too many factors that render outrage useless as well as relentless anger. I mean logically they were supposed to be used the way they originally were. High risk high reward. Now it's just high risk, high death count, high number of knockbacks, high number of rage crashes. Almost seems as if u wanted to discourage players from using this strategy at all, which is real contradictory... If u really listen to ur players, u know, the ppl who pay for this game to be balanced and fun and keep ur lights on (no disrespect), please revert outrage back to at least a 2 second cool down. That's fair. Notice only ppl who aren't rage powered players want to see rage tampered with. They're all support roles or bad dps's. Ppl who actually are rage powered and understand their powers know what I'm talking about. U made the power, u should know better than us what I'm talking about. The whole theme of Rage was supposed to be high risk high reward. But now after making one of it's main high risk high reward moves so slow, it kinda defeats the purpose. It's really just a liability at times. Like I said earlier, if u have a problem with outrage, just hold R1, u know the block button? If T1 adds can, why can't a player? Please this Mepps. Too many good players stopped playing this game and things like this are the reason why. It's contradictory, hypocritical things like this that causes most of us to believe that u care less about the players enjoying the game, and more about taking their money. This only fuels that perception when u make such an impactful change not even a week after the dlc/power goes live, knowing the anticipation from the players and how many ppl would buy power change tokens. 2 second cool down please.
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

its because one half of your rotation is blockable and the other half is lungeable making a 3s cd on outrage rather poopy for melee dps on anything but basic mobs or old content. anything that counters....you better range and stay at that. i save outrage rotation for hallway mobs, or when berserk is off cd and the boss is at 25% health