Server Hotfix and EU Downtime - January 15, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krigherren New Player

Too much money grab, not enough actual content/fixing. Devs/Pubs really should try to learn from the mistakes of other F2Ps. A good chunk of this game's features have a real-cash cost too them, a cost that doesn't quite match up to the value of the given content, and there are still bugs that have been around since.. well, the beginning.

You can purchase a fully-developed game, one time-purchase, with all it's included content coming at no extra charge, for the same price as you can some of this game's 'DLC' and what not. Tell me how your in-game content is worth that same price. You can't, it's not.

While I love this game and will continue to play, I most certainly won't be wasting hard-earned coinage on it. Too many other more worthwhile games to blow my money on. Show me real progress. Something that isn't a blatant money grab, some free new in-game content, regular FIXING of bugs (as opposed to introducing new ones), and perhaps even some sign that you actually give a damn about your game's community. Then, and only then, will I consider this game worth throwing $$$ at.

Show me my money is being put to good use on the game, and not just making your pockets fatter. That won't happen, though.
    • Like x 1
  2. onecheesecrackr New Player

I really like this game. I am legendary and I like a lot of the content. You can tell a lot of hard work goes into the development of these types of games. I am not online as much as the average user but in my opinion, I am on there to play and have a good time. A good time to me is not rearranging furniture in a lair. I don't mind the work of collecting and searching for items but I do not like having to fight the game in order to play a game. For example, to upgrade a piece of gear with a mod:
    1)Find/collect items
    2)Find/purchase the correct plan
    3)Transmute/make exobytes in the correct form
    4)Go to assembly and make sure you have plan and see what it takes to make that particular mod
    5)Go back and purchase the other part that you did not already have
    6)Go back and purchase the other part that you forgot
    7)Run back to the vault and grab some simple/complex material now that you freed inventory slots from making bytes
    8)Finally make a mod
    9)Take that mod and put it in the slot of the gear you want
    10) Wave goodbye to 25-100% of those exobits because good luck on finding an expert recovery plan
    11) Finally, go to stats and see that you have achieved 1-23 more points somewhere on your stat sheet
    12) smile and say TA-DAH! Be proud because this act should have given you feat points because it took so long.

This equals a lot of wasted time to me that I could be running missions with my league or helping other players.

I dont need an armory. I need a setting where I can configure my DPS gear and another role and be able to switch between an entire predesigned suit without switching every freaking piece i have on one at a time and free up my inventory slots.

I dont need to purchase synthetic mods either. For all the time that i have scavenged for exobits, why cant i just apply them to the appropriate head/feet/waist/hands/back position and not the gear itself? If i have 20 exobytes in the head piece, it should apply to every piece of gear i configure in the head. I should be able to choose my head/back/etc to have an aggressive/health/vitalization attribute or whatever is applicable depending on my characters role/level. This is in respect to my character reaching minimum requirements/skill points. If someone has a 35cr, obviously 30 exobytes should have a cap on how much it modifies or limit how many can go in that position at certain levels.

Mail/broker- seriously? why am I running to my lair, or to a watchtower, or a station to acknowledge that an item sold for $1? If these heroes and villians are developing all of this craziness in this make believe world, can we make believe they also have the technology of cell phones so we can check mail on the fly? Even the freaking E-trade baby is trading online and my character has to run all the way back to some predetermined location to sell something?

My point is point out that this is supposed to be fun. Difficult and challenging but FUN. Fun is not redecorating my lair. If i wanted to redecorate, I would start moving furniture at my house. If i wanted to do it virtually, i would go onto DIY.com. I want to play games and fight good/bad guys and save/destroy the world from my couch. Why am I having to do things in this game that i am trying to avoid doing in real life?
    • Like x 3
  3. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Wait what? this is how a tester gets to experience the dlc....
    waits for an hour to get a group.. Everyone is either rage or celestial...waits a bit longer gets a good group.
    Runs the 4 man....falls through the floor or bugs out in instance....reports it
    gets back in building missing graphics part of the city missing textures.....reports it
    starts the alert things dont activate right, bosses cant be killed reports it after they cant finish the alert.
    They run something else and do the same thing the next day.
    Thats experiencing something on the test server.
    On the update 32 test i tested for 26 hrs in 3 days and reported 50 or 60 bugs some people do more. I dont think people realize whats on test is not finished. Theres still work to be done. Sometimes its just a texture fix others its a random disconnect or game crash to desktop Theres a reason why its called a test server.
    I dont think some one whos not been on test hast any right to scream and moan that its taking too long. I also think that if your on pc and your legendary and you dont test you should be able to ***** if it comes out buggy.
    Believe me if were saying somethings not working theres a reason. The devs look at our data and make the decision to launch.
    • Like x 2
  4. Abstrakt Loyal Player

They never gave armories a release date people assumed it would come out on a tuesday...they said sometime this week then monday they said they may need to push it back.....
    • Like x 1
  5. Will Power Loyal Player

The word may isn't a they will need to or they won't need to it's an unsure answer.
    • Like x 1
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

Actually they did gave a date, last week they said this week, then they said sometime this week, they they said it will be ready when it's ready, now it's so bad they had to take DLC 9 from test to try and finish it ASAP and you know why, because they gave a release date window (which still counts as a release date in a way) for this week to begin with and now they need to deliver.
    • Like x 1
  7. ErnieB Loyal Player

at this point everything in the game is a "may".
  8. Abstrakt Loyal Player

how is sometime this week a launch date?? They changed some animations for the armories on test and made some configuration changes....that doesnt mean its so bad it had to be reworked. Are you even on test? we used it last night and its a lot more responsive. As far as putting off dlc testing...the problem with the test server is people want to test what they want to. With both the dlc and the armories people were only testing the dlc. The armories can be a large part of future game mechanics they have to make sure its working right. but sometime next week is not a launch date..........
  9. Will Power Loyal Player

Not true only everything that has not come out yet. Gates is not a may its out been with use almost a year or more. You can say Gates may glitch out and not work as intended but its a reality now not a may or maybe.
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

Really? So if I tell you I'm going to bring you the money I owe you sometime next week, what would that impy exactly? That it may be a couple of weeks, possibly a month, or even a few months, or maybe even a year before you see your money?

A week is a 7 day window, thats it nothing more. People need to stop making excuses for the DEV's when content is late comming out and often full of bugs.
  11. Givens X New Player

You do know the game came out in 2011 right ?
    • Like x 1
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

Saying sometime next week is a launch window, and it does count as a date as it gives an expected time frame, and that's a problem devs have here, instead of just saying "it will be released once it's completed and tested", they just jump out and say "NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE OUT", they've done it with every release and it just gets people frustrated when in the very week they said something would be out they suddenly delay it, some times without even giving a reason as to why which sometimes would help because that way ppl on test would know what to look for exactly, oh and yes I've been on test, please don't talk to me as if I'm some ignorant fool that has no idea what he is talking about, animations is just one issue armories have.
    • Like x 1
  13. Caseyyeah Committed Player

That's still not a date, guy. A date is 1/15/14 or for you EU folks 15/1/14. Put seven of these dates in a row together and you have a week. 30 or 31 and you have a month.
    • Like x 1
  14. Caseyyeah Committed Player

While I do agree that they shouldn't have said out next week, I also do not think it constitutes a date. If I asked you out on a date and said, "how about next week?", you would most likely want something more specific like say an actual date.
    • Like x 1
  15. Givens X New Player

Agreed .. And the "week" ends this Saturday anyways .. People are freaking like they missed the proposed launch window .. Just because people expected Tuesday to be the day ... If people deal with the slightest bit of change or dissapointment like that here .. hate to see how they freak out in real life ...

Keep doin what your doin Devs .. I for one would rather see a couple days delay and get it right .. OR closer to right then it would have been .. I am sure there will be bugs .. Always is ...
  16. TheRealDeathern New Player

Make all the excuses for the devs that you want, the content is late being delivered and you know it. As is typcially the case, it will more than likely be flawed as well once we do finally get it and have to be patched.

This content was expected to be completed LAST YEAR. It's waaaaay late now in my opinion. We were "officially" told this week, which is a 7 day window of opportunity, and that will probably still be missed.

The problem is the constant dangling of a certain amount of new content and dlc's per year that entices us to continue paying and playing the game. These "targets" are set to a value of four, not by me or anyone on the forums but by the DEV team. Yet the DEVS, for what ever reason, have failed to hit this target for several years in a row. If devs are unable to complete projects in a timely manner, and/or they fail to function properly when they are released, then someone needs to be held accountable.

These arent projection of productivity that I released to the public, but rather projections the devs released.

The point of having targets it to hit what you are shooting at, not constantly miss them.

Its a shame you see a need to defend inferior late work. I simply want what has been promised to us as paying custormers.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked for going off topic and insults.
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.