Server Hotfix and EU Downtime - January 15, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lota New Player

any ETA to when EU servers are back? server went down at 4am GMT an was lastin 2 hours, its now 6:41am

edit: there back forget i was ever here:p
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

You haven't been here long have you, I just realized you actually believe even when the DLC comes it will be bug free, even better you think it will be just days after armories do. Ok first thing is that whenever they release new content it's always bugged, just look at all the chaos UD 33 has caused, second is that DLC 9 won't just be out like that, first it will be released on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and it will be first for legendary members only and one week later it will be for premium and f2f player that buy the dlc, that how it works with DCUO, so my advice is that you hold on to something strong as this will be a bumpy ride.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lyndi Well-Known Player

DLC 9 won't be released till the first part of February at the earliest. There are still too many bugs with content and the Rage power set still needs some major tweaking to fix mechanics bugs. Add to this fact that testing is currently suspended to finish up Armories and I wouldn't hold your breath for any time this Month. I agree with the devs to not rush it and fix the various problems in DLC 9 but am also frustrated no end because they have said they won't fix the large leagues management bug till DLC 9 comes out.
  4. WhySoSerious? New Player

Finally greetings are over, armories are almost here!
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Am I the only one less and less excited about the Armories every time they're postponed? A month and a half ago, when they were announced as coming in December, I was pretty stoked - and so seemed all my friends/leaguemates. I started planning my different Specs/loadouts, bought some SC, modded all my gear and waited... And waited... and waited.

Now, when someone mentions Armories in-game the general reaction is "Meh" - and it's more less how excited I am about the thing. The new DLC/powerset is the most eagerly awaited thing at the moment and I feel DCUO will sell a lot fewer Armories now, that they've given players all this time to think about whether or not they actually need more than 1 extra Armory and whether that SC wouldn't be better spent on Power Respec Tokens and/or Replays for the new content.

Basically - they're making Armories compete with the new DLC for player's money - and it's all happening AFTER Christmas, the time when most of us don't tend to have a lot of money to blow on "toys"...
    • Like x 2
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Me too dude !!! First I was like I'll buy 4 now I. Don't think I want one cuz all I want is the new dlc
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Ik all this and iv been here longer than u didn't u see what I stated ,? I just told u even if they release the dlc soon wer sure gonna have bugs and ik am legendary and I always get the dlc earlier than. Others
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

NO, because all you have said is how everything will be fine in a couple of days and nothing is going to go wrong, but if you have been here long ( and your date says November which isn't that long, I've been here longer than that) then you know the closer we are to a release, the more delayed it gets, armories could be scraped for all I care anymore, but I really want the bugs UD 33 gave us to be fixed, and if they will wait to release DLC 9 to fix those then I'd rather have them stop working on armories, concentrate on the DLC and get it out ASAP just to get the fixes for the game.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

Like i said, scrap armories for all I care, I just want the game to be fixed, it's not like armories will make us stronger, gives gadgets or gear, they are just a decorative piece. They don't even store the armor since you still have to carry it in the inventory taking space.
  10. ANJOoCAIDOo New Player

Disrespect! is the only word! you need to to give us some positioning about the armories, and DLC!
  11. Dene Devoted Player

you misunderstood him.. he was being sarcastic "like we wont see bugs when it hits anyway" - in other words.. release it now cos we are gonna see/have bugs to fix anyway
    • Like x 1
  12. Ashleyjune New Player

yes!! tired of calculator telling me "sinestor is not feeling the holiday blue"something like that.. everyday i log in..i hope larfleeze dont take my winter coat and all that wonderful collection......
  13. Will Power Loyal Player

I personally think the DLC will be here in Feb. I mean we just had the GU 33. I want Armories but if they are having issues with it I'd want them to release it and work on it when its live.

I feel Captain Liberty needs to hold up his end of the deal he said Armories this week. If there are issue that may make it not come out this week he needs to tell us he's sorry for the inconvenience and getting our hopes up!
    • Like x 1
  14. TheFoeYouBowTo New Player

... "Disrespect"? lol rofl lmmfao! Sorry to be the kid from, "The Emperor's New Clothes" friend, but this is their business, what makes you think they ever respected you to begin with? Gripe enough, they'll rapidly inform you that you can take your business (and your money [if you pay-to-play]) elsewhere! They'll make more. It's got nadda to do with respect/disrespect for you, more to the issue of initial rush-to-go-live 3 years ago AND a current, massive lack of coding talent.

DCUO is SNAFU spelled backwards.

Gotta love Freedom of Speech!

"Yippee ki-yay, mutha... !"
  15. Goldstomp Active Player

At least there is one fact I know for sure about this game... and that fact is that I cannot not know anything for sure about this game.

On the plus side, at least the developers are working their best to make a great game turn to mud. And it's probably not even the developers' faults. The greedy corporate investors and Captain Larry opening his fat mouth talking about armory prices and release dates without consulting the team first! I feel sorry for Mepps having to deal with everyone throwing the game around from muppet to muppet. Obviously there is a big $#!%-storm upstairs in the office where there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Looks like you guys need too employ some more people. The current team can't cope with the work load. And don't release patches or give release dates if you aren't 100% sure the Devs are ready to go on them!

We want our OLD DCUO game FIXED and working PROPERLY. We don't want false promises and disappointment. Get it right the first time, we pay your giant corporation LOTS OF MONEY to produce a QUALITY product.

If you guys don't get your act together, you will lose a LOT of valued customers, including me. I already have a number of friends who have quit recently and some who are very close to quitting. COME ON!
    • Like x 3
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

hmm didn't really look at it that way, but he's being so optimistic (even more than Mepps), well is he was being sarcastic then it's more funny than anything.
  17. OliverQueen1963 New Player

18. ErnieB Loyal Player

ermmm, my grammar must be really bad because I don't see how DCUO is SNAFU backwards, or are any letters invisible and can only be seen backwards???
  19. Wildfire New Player

He means things are not running normally.

SNafu

Situation normal.
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

Well we can't really expect it to work right from the get go, problems will always rise, maybe if they let the general public into test server it would give them better feedback on bugs and make fixes easier and faster. As far as workload goes, I do agree the staff has been hurt by SOE recent decisions, but they have been able to make it though, I think the problem here is too much things to do at the same time, in one month they want to give us UD 33, Armories and DLC, let's face it a DLC alone is a month worth or work, add an entire UD which changed how PVP is done, and a new item that requires a lot of tweaking to work. I think they should have first worked on the UD, including fixing the bugs, then Armories which as we have seen went south just one day before the release day, and then start to work on the DLC which what will really take time to get right.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.