Downtime Server Downtime - July 26, 2017 - Game Update 73!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Random customer - "OMG Best Buy I spent thousands of dollars on video games, consoles, extra controllers, psn, xbl and steam cards over the years!!! How come I can not get a discount just this once? Its all I have on me right now and I really need it this come one please gimme that discount just this once please!!"

Best Buy - "Are you a Gamers Club Member? It looks likes you have enough there if you were a GC member."

Random customer - " Hell no, its not worth $30 bucks to be a dumb gamers club member. Please, gimme the discount just this once please DCUO is coming out with new time capsules in their game and I need those psn cards. Im a dedicated and loyal shopper, please please just this once"

Best Buy - "Well you can put one of those cards back and get the oth...
    Random customer" - "no"

Best Buy - "...If you were a loyal and dedicated shopper. You would have became a Gamers Club Member and saved a good amount of money and all. I know, Give me your phone number and I'll check to see how much in rewards points you have"

Random customer - "I used all my reward points a while back on psn cards because DCUO released AoJ time capsules"

Best Buy - "You still can become a member right now. Its only $30 bucks....
    Random customer - "If I become a member now for $30 bucks then that means I cant get the psn cards I need now. Thats 30 capsules I could open up"

Best Buy - "Sorry"

Random customer - "I'll never give you people another dime of money. Don't make me go to back to Gamestop for the dozenth time. I dont like them because they wont..."
    Best Buy "Dozenth time, why so many times?"

Random customer - " Before I was rudely interrupted... Because they wont give me any discounts either for spending money there. When other places dont give me the discounts I deserve, if Im not a member of their club thing or not. I go to Game Stop out of principle"

Best Buy "I think they have a powerup players program or something for like $15 bucks"
    Random customer " Now youre just arguing with me. Its not worth $15 bucks for that either."

Best Buy "I dont know what to tell you then, sorry. Get the perks, be a member. Some times being a member is worth it like now, some times it may not seem worth it. Sorry.

Random customer. "Im going to post in every forum about what an a-hole youve been to me. Then Im coming back to sit in your parking lot and eat 10 bags of cheetos. Drink 6 two liter bottles of mountain dew code red and duct tape my mouth shut and inhale tar that seeped up the asphalt til I choke on my own vomit. Just gimme the damned discount you damned dirty minimum waged jerk!"

Best Buy ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like x 1
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

That alone seems much more worth it that a respec token. If i could sell my respec token on the AH, I would gladly put it up there.
  3. Ironback New Player

ha ha, they removed hive mind from the game. Just one final kick in the teeth to a loyal nature player, I guess
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

hell yes , i dont want to be part of a robbery or some dirty business !

if someone would give u the keys of a lamborghini and walk away, wouldnt u questioning it ?
  5. FlashingBolt05 Active Player

why do I see this meme on every dcuo forum chat ???[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Maybe, but not until after hopping inside the lamborghini :p
    • Like x 1
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

cause thats the standard reaction of community here on forum for devs actions
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

haha well yeah u will questioning it infront of the jugde at the court at the latest.
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Before the revamp, when you leveled up, you alternated between unlocking a skill point or a power point. There are no more power points, as all powers are unlocked. These 8 SP represent the SP you would have gotten while leveling to 30.

Unrelated comment #1 - I like that characters now go through the leveling up animation (bong!) when getting a new SP. I missed that mini celebration of accomplishment! :D

Unrelated comment #2 - For premium players unhappy about not getting the member gifts, you might want to think about subbing for the month. The value of what you get definitely exceeds the cost of the sub. If you don't want to stay a member, just turn off auto-pay after you get the sub. It's your choice either way, but it's a pretty sweet deal right now - war bonds, respec token, whatever other gifts are coming. Plus, having no cash cap would be handy with the new time capsules dropping and given the fact that most people will be respeccing skills multiple times per day. Then there's the DBC and replay badges. I don't work for Daybreak, and I'm not trying to sell anyone a membership. I just wanted to put everything in one place in case it's helpful for anyone.
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

You must not understand why ?
  11. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Ok, so this update is going back to the oldways where cr no longer makes a difference its about stats? Which was what it was all about about 20ish updates ago, everything else is dandy
  12. silikyan Well-Known Player

So the extra 8sp are from leveling up, understood, thk 4 clarifying

[IMG]
  13. Brotality Active Player

I have one request please Mepps or any Dev show us the premium players some love aswell the legendary members have had a free box of 40 war bonds while the premium players that could need it aswell were left out now all legendary members get a free power respec for which anyone else would have to pay 10$ all im asking for is a power respec or some kind of love for the premium members i myself have spend well over 200$ as a premium in this game (i have almost been playing for a year now) and somehow always even the most devoted premium players are left out and get close to nothing if even anything.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    will a new player be granted those 8sp at the start in brainiacs harvest ship?
    doesn't that defeat the very last purpose to even have a weapon tree in the first place?
  15. supalova20 Well-Known Player

well bye bye already crybaby lmao.....like you gonna change anything with this lame statement....you will not be missed at all
    • Like x 1
  16. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Sounds like these are awarded while levellng up from 1 to 30. So a new player will get them as they level. The 8 being awarded are for players who are already level 30, and would be missing 8 points that were originally awarded as Power points instead.
    • Like x 1
  17. supalova20 Well-Known Player

omw to bgamestop to buy a new mic
  18. Brotality Active Player

After all premium players pay for every little thing they need extra (Marketplace/Daybreak Cash, Replay badges,...) since we do not get that free every month which i understand since we do not pay every month but a little love like a free power respec should be a possibility right?
  19. GignatDragon01 Level 30

how match
    DCUO will under maintenance!?!?
  20. Brotality Active Player

I'm guessing u mean how long DCUO will be under maintenance?
    The expected downtime is 8 hours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.