Server Downtime - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sev7enZ New Player

Some people need to learn to chill out and let the peeps work their magic, with new updates come bugs and downtime. Heck, just be lucky we actually get content updates for the game. Much love from Sev7enZ
    • Like x 3
  2. Takhisis New Player

Yea that sucks. But 10 bucks... not that hard to find, then you got yourself your gear and can go back to free again.
  3. a3Ro New Player

I wasn't bugged too. I was earning marks normally. Hope they'll solve it fast.
  4. Vulpis New Player

Nope, free-play is to give you a taste to go *Premium*, and get you buying things from the marketplace. Subscription is just gravy, especially since the basic fact is that they had to go to this system in the first place because they weren't getting enough people paying for sub plans. I keep shaking my head at how intent marketing is on hamstringing what is *now* their primary player base, rather than understanding that in a successful F2P your microtransactors are supposed to be the baseline experience with the subbers getting bonuses above that. Then again, that does seem to be a running problem with games that transition from a subscription mode (and why so many of them fail at it), compared to a game that's built around the concept to begin with.
  5. cassi Well-Known Player

Wait what the gunslinger coat is back???? Are you sure, been looking for it forever. Where is it at?
    • Like x 1
  6. NIckNock Well-Known Player

How do we save file before we exit DCU? I want to be prepared in case of another down time.
  7. Talliejj Level 30

Almost an hour down now.. Can you please give us an estimated time on how long its gonna take?!
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah i'm very sure since I bought it for 150 MoV. Its where the statues of Supes, Wonder Woman and Batman are.
  9. IvoMnik New Player

Exactly the same here - I bought few items even . If they do a roll-back I will be very very enraged ...not only cos of the MoVs but I was just 4 victories away from a 50 Feat point Feat - and I have been grinding this since yesterday , a roll back will put me back up at 15-ish or so wins , and looking at how it is already 1 hour and there is no info on an estimate when the servers will be up , I might very well lose the chance since in EU , it is 4 hours before the weekly reset , which will swap the arenas .......
  10. Zozame New Player

I bet you guys the servers will be offline for the rest of the day until tomorrow
  11. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

Logging out of your character through the settings option and going back to the character select screen saves data. If they do a roll back though it won't matter it'll be your last saved state before the roll back.
  12. Vaper Level 30

Not my intention to cause any worry to anyone who has items in shared storage. As I said in second post the Items that I have had stored in shared for a few days are still there - no problem, however today after only being online for about 30 minutes before the downtime I tried, and failed, to use shared storage by moving a re-spec token and a pair of cosmetic boots from my regular storage into shared both those items have disappeared. I then confirmed that this was not a one-off by testing it again with 2 cybernetic actuators they also disappeared when I went to another character to get them.
    Main reason for me mentioning this in the first place was in case the team are not aware of it as a problem and can hopefully find out what this problem is.
  13. Mary Bliss Committed Player

F2p was not a trial though...

In 2011 before the first pay2win DLC (lightning) you had no mods, no replay badges and the highest you could go was Fos.

Meaning everyone was on the same level, had the same stats with access to ALL raids.

Ironically today, for the first time since we went pay2win, f2p'ers are actually getting 1up'd by adding mods for marks.

Not using the term pay2win to insult anyone and not passing judgement on how the game should earn a profit or what should be blocked and what not.

Just saying when f2p launched you had access to everything but cash cap and trading.

Not a lot of consistency in there in my opinion. Spend all this effort to get people to sub then turn around and decide replay badges and armories should finanze the game.

Seemingly some decisions were improvised in a storm and to me personally excluding f2p'ers from playing raids only lowers the player count.
    Which is funny considering it went f2p because of exactly that.
  14. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Do you know how what key to use to pause during combat?
  15. Abstrakt Loyal Player

wait really? Think about that for a second DCUNIVERSEONLINE
    • Like x 3
  16. xaocel Level 30

Have you checked the inventory of the character from which you transferred those items to shared bank?
  17. Sylar New Player

=> FOR MEEPS

Hello, (sorry for my english)

Why there he never compensation on this game? This is the first time I see it.
    Especially for the legendary ...
    We pay for a service. It is not our fault that there are problems. However we pay something we did not or that crash etc...

So ?

Regards,
    • Like x 1
  18. The Klepto New Player

All this downtime cutting into our legendary membership...
    • Like x 2
  19. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

was hoping to play before i went in to work.... so DCUO said we're gonna be offline for ever.... so for everyone else waiting to kneel to the Almighty Crimson Terror (Red Skorpion) think of this down time as a Positive that you may not see me online today ... or will you?
  20. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Thank you again point taken. Can I save the game to disk or can we use a Iomega Zip Drive on my Commodore 64. Actually i like my T-I P.C.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.