Server Downtime - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dametria Loyal Player

^ This line is absolutely INCORRECT, I have played EQ & EQ2, both since beta and can tell you there have been multiple issues upon release of new content on both of those games.
  2. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

"Ice is Tanking with training wheels. Go pro and go Fire"

I'll give you the thumb up just for your sig! Awesomeness comes with firetanking :)
  3. xXINCANTATOREXx New Player

Come on are you serious? I want to play some!!!!
  4. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

but it is the bit labelled "job satisfaction"............
  5. Spartan663 New Player

Since we now know that it will be another 3+ hours before the servers are back up; we also know that whining like a bunch of ungrateful twits won't fix anything or accelerate the patch/repair process. The bottom line of this entire situation is "S**t happens". The people that actually work with the programming and equipment are aware of how easily everything can go to hell in a hand basket. The players, IE: all of us, know this as well. There will never, ever be a product that works perfectly 100% of the time. Stop whining about how much you spent on the game, you don't personally own DC Universe Online, you just paid for additional access. This problem will eventually be solved and yes, Virginia, there will be other down times/glitches/charlie foxtrots in the future. Accept this situation for what it is, realize that it is out of your control, and find something better to do.
    • Like x 1
  6. deniseunholy New Player

hopefully they will be up at least later tonight and not waiting until tomorrow .:)
  7. Charlie Fantom New Player

It is so with the awesomeness! :)
  8. Ice Lantern New Player

Nobody is expecting it to work 100% of the time. I don't know who has ever said that. The issue that people have is that the rates at which problem occur have surpassed their thresholds. And the lower we set the bar as far as standards go, the more this will happen because the devs know that the players/consumers will tolerate it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mrleonsio New Player

Come Onn
    • Like x 1
  10. SecretSandwich New Player

Odd. On the home page, where it shows the server status, it looks like the US PS3 is up? Unfortunately I'm PC...
  11. KRAWNIK New Player

i agree 100%...im new and just got premium at start of december and downtime has been very horrible to say the least....most products and services offer some sort of refund or atleast compensation for faulty or un-satisfactory products
  12. SnapFlash New Player

They are styles, a colour that goes around your character - under the accessories tab
  13. Physique Dedicated Player

Maybe so. I've done the same working for several other large game publishers and can say that your local county office deployed program probably didn't have millions of people banging away at it on launch across 3 major platforms. Further, I would add that your deploy probably made no discernibly major changes to your in-game working code nor did you have to navigate coordinating this deploy with 2 different service providers (SCEA and SCEE) to deal with their security protocols. Lastly, I will add that your deploy probably didn't have anywhere near as much anticipation that this update has so you wouldn't have heard anywhere near the same level of complaints.

Sure, this is an issue; I think we all get that. Yes, it's disappointing, too, because we're all wanting to play. However, comparing the scale of a county-deployed school project to this is like comparing what an automotive class does in auto shop to what automotive designers do at an auto plant. They are two entirely different things with two entirely different levels of scale, knowledge, and expectation.
  14. Ulfric22 New Player

are the servers still down?
  15. Blair Halloween New Player

sooo it's about 5:30 and dc still isn't up for the ps3 even though it says the server is up on the home page....did the game break or something...again
  16. a3Ro New Player

Yes...
  17. Zozame New Player

The servers have been shut down for eternity
    • Like x 1
  18. Ulfric22 New Player

so wat about pc. r they still down
  19. Killwalkeronforum New Player

So aura's don't actually do anything, no combat features or anything? lol. here i thought they were integral battle components or equipables that give stats of some kind. Glad to know i do not need them. Thx. could u answer another question. under the mana bar, what looks like an experience bar, it ends with the level ur character is currently at...what is the spectrum. all yellow is full, or empty, vice versa? and the green bar tabs under the loadouts. what is that indicating? feat points?
  20. a3Ro New Player

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.