Server Downtime - January 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

While we do hate to bring the worlds down during EU prime time, today is a good example of why we do. We sometimes need all hands on deck in case something does not work.
  2. KelvmorLyonsbane New Player

Mepps, can I haz lockboxes? Kthx. :D
  3. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

i really dont like the long downtime but aslong its all fixed & the PVP Season can get played without problems after iam happy
  4. BadJade New Player

No, but doing that that would give you an excuse to upgrade all the hardware and expand it :)
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

lol and I can't even enter test server because there's so much people in it the queue time is almost an hour.
  6. Khorizal New Player

Hey I just downloaded test and got on and saw that rage power was on there, thank you so much devs and everybody who works on game for putting it on there, I never knew!
  7. Killwalkeronforum New Player

ok. right i remember that now. Ok so how does being in or owning a league improve my character(s)? Does it allow for other content unattainable without a league?
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

Hey devs, quick question, are you guys rolling back the servers? I finished my entire Android set and modded all those pieces with expert mods, so in the event of a roll back, will I be getting all of my marks of valor back AND my mods? If there is no roll back, then please disregard the questions.

Also, here is proof I finished it without any issues with my marks and that I modded those pieces...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97685206@N00/
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Will we be getting an extra day added to our sub?
  10. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Why not just disable pvp from game play? hmm. and while I know the bag system is out of sink with the vault. Combine them both for a fee as a upgrade and cash in more then just the buy more slots which the lifetime legendaries like yours truly would cash in on.
  11. Redemption Lord New Player

i just hope they get the glitchs out before friday seems like the updates tend to cause a lot of disconnects id hate for us to get lagged out on friday night legends
    • Like x 1
  12. Tyne New Player

I fully understand, however having a fully working build on a US server for major bugs. Doesn't cause the issue as you think it would with separate Server maintenances and patches!
    Yes I do work in this industry as a developer.
    It works quite well having separate patch days! and as an added bonus it keeps the majority happy! Which means they will stay longer! So more money in your pocket to put up with days like these!

13. RSL New Player

14. Pyrite Wolf New Player

The only improvement is that (usually) you have a bunch of people willing to go with you to duos, alerts, raids, pvp, etc anytime. There's no "specific" benefit besides it, no extra content or anything like that.
  15. Horsemen Active Player

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97685206@N00/[/quote]
    If they roll the server back it will be exactly like how it was when you first logged in this morning. You will have all your marks etc but will have to buy the set again and mod it all. At least you got a good practice in to get it done efficiently tonight.

Sorry bro.
    • Like x 1
  16. Vulpis New Player

I spent 2 years watching it being done the *right* way in an actual working environment working as a computer op for the local county offices, in parallel with Computer Science collegiate courses, so I'm rather aware of what the job entails. For what you say to be true, there has to either be something very wrong with their testing server, something very wrong with their testing conditions (standard testing method is to copy the relevant database you're working with..in the case of the county it was whatever databases the department the program in question was for worked with, for a game it would be copying game state over...same file set that's grabbed for backups, really...and then run your changed code on it), or somethng very, very wrong with the system that applies the updates to the live server.

And believe me, I'm aware that no complex program is ever completely debugged. Small bugs are understandable--but showstoppers like the one they're fixing now should never have gotten past the test server.
    • Like x 6
  17. BioGadget New Player

Just so long as the servers aren't down for all of eternity, I'm happy... :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Killwalkeronforum New Player

I feel bad for both sides here. so many players with tight schedules, and budgets, rearranging schedules to allow personal fun time is kind of the antithesis of fun. Then there is the Devs, who are probably 5 feet away from a stick of deoderant, so as to not gross out the guy/gal sitting beside you also sweating like a pig, because thousands of people are probably screaming at their computer screens, or the digital people on the phone. Imagine the pressure they are under. I do not envy them.
    I won't tell people not to complain or gripe. Both sides got shafted..or ..."fisted" as a buddy of mine likes to say.
    I have been saying this for years....Somebody gotta get the delorean and go back in time and Kill that Murphy!...before he writes his invisible book of laws.
    then the problem will be solved. i think.
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

I don't mind buying it all over again, I just want to make sure, 100%, that I get all of my stuff back for sure, LOL. You know this game and it's crazy bugs. :D
  20. Charlie Fantom New Player

Technical issues will happen. Im not gonna give them any grief on this.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.