Server Downtime - January 16, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Doc Spartan New Player

Hey Mepps, this is my first post here and I hate to be a pain in the ***. I just purchased a 4 pack of Armories. I used 1 on my main and tried to mail the others to another character but I keep getting a mail error message. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
  2. Xainexus Well-Known Player

Try using your shared bank and not the mail system.
    • Like x 2
  3. Doc Spartan New Player

umm...I am not familiar with the shared bank. where is it and how do I use it?
  4. Doc Spartan New Player

Okay I am just blind. I never noticed the shared bank tab in the bank before.... wow. Thank you for the help Xainexus.
  5. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Man, sounds like you made out like a badit then. But that's my only idea as to what it may have been? hope you get it figured out.
  6. Xainexus Well-Known Player

Shared bank slots can be accessed by ALL your toons, heros and villains.
  7. Shotgunshaun New Player

Mepps any idea why i lost my legendary? Were there people that got given Legendary Subcription for free after the rough start of dcuo or ws i just a lucky fluke ? any input would be great thanks ?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You need to use the Shared Bank, not mail.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The free holiday time given to past members ended this morning.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shotgunshaun New Player

can you explain why id had free legendary for the last 3 years tho? was it just a fluke for afew lucky people or was i actualy given it ? not that bothered now ive had a great free gaming 3 years so bout time i coughed up lol :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nope. Can't explain that. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. SLYDER X New Player

You might have 'auto funding' on in your account settings. So if your account have a credit/debit card saved, then it will automatically fund each month for the DCUO subscription. May want to check that first. Hope this helps
  13. Shotgunshaun New Player

yeah i thought that after the first few months but checke and nothing had gone out, strange thing is tho im still legendary on my ps3 but not on my ps4.........ooooh tough choice now do i pick to play free or pay and have all pretty graphics hmm
  14. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Mepps and all the Dev,

I just wanted to say "Thanks" for a smooth update and on a reset day too. Also thanks for the Armories. No complaints here.

Eshish
  15. AzraelR Committed Player

Hi

I'm just passing on this topic for say: thank you devs for the release and for all the work you had with the armories, especially Mepps who was responding our questions and hearing our suggestions for a long time.

I'm sure bugs will occur with armories, but this is something natural, I don't care, even considering the long time it was on the test server. The people just need to have patience and trust the devs that these problems will be solved in a matter of time.

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!
  16. Doc Spartan New Player

Thanks for the reply Mepps, and please pass along my thanks to the team for all the hard work and effort they put into the game. I'm been playing on and off since the game went F2P, I spent money on here and there when I could (mostly for DLCs), but just grabbed the 3 month Legendary deal you guys dropped and I am very very happy.

I know you guys get a lot of abuse heaped on you here so I just wanted to say thank you for a great, entertaining game :)
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

I will skip examples and say they had a chance to better the gaming experience and grow legendary subscribers. I mean its anyones guess how many people would be drawn into legendary if anyone would. I would venture some people would. it breaks down to this move has made some portion of legendary members mad. not over price but over principle. I easily can afford this and was ready to buy deeds and a few base styles I felt before simply wasn't worth it. how cool would it be to have your penthouse but keep your armor in your cave tucked away in secret? I know kinda a dork there. thing is I am not ok with them saying you not only have to pay for this feature but pay such prices. keep in mind I had $100 set a side just for this to get my pvp builds basses and deeds for two accounts so for me this is simply profit.
    if this was 1 decision I would be upset but I would just be upset not quit. along with the feature of armories another long standing complaint was people don't know their roles.they did just revamp the entire leveling system did they not? this was a way to suck money not better the game. I say this because you can be t3 in a week actually I can get their in 2 days easy. t1 is well you are t1 for an instance maybe 2 sometimes. I get it and don't hate it. its cool make money dcuo but if you know people don't know the roles wouldn't a tutorial make sense at level 10 when you can switch roles? when your base becomes unlocked you get a tutorial. they added that but never aimed at better the game players info. again at level thirty why is there not a tutorial on your alt role? 2 at level ten would give you a chance to practice your alt role till thirty then maybe get it down by the level 30 tutorial. instead of careing to better the gameing experience it was not even a thought. all about making a dollar.
    agree or not ask yourself.. what has been done to grow legendary? is legendary a good enough perk? yes legendary is helpful but is it good enough to grow? is the moves these guys make better for the customer and game or simply profit driven. bud I am not against making money for dcuo. not even a little bit. however do it by growing legendary not making moves that will anger and potentially drive away legendary members. adding a second build to legendary might sell a few memberships and for sure no one would say this stinks I quit. don't take t5 for example and release the content in a manner that he who has the most replays gets strong enough to do the raid first. that's simply disrespectfull to long time players. as a full t4 guy for what a year you chomp at the bit at the chance to get the new tier. guys who are good and are competitive want bragging rights to say I beat nexus and dox already while some, most groups fail to get to the last boss. its competitive pride but t5 put you in a spot to finish first you had to spend the most. again profit at the expense of the community and the game. also drove people away.
  18. compiler264 New Player

I've got a question. Don't know if it's been answered or not. Let's say you have nature healer character and save its build in the armory. You then purchase/use a power respec, and switch your character to a quantum controller power set. That build is saved in an additional armory. Would you be able to change base powers along with saved build when using the armory function; essentially gaining the ability to freely switch between healer and controller roles? And if not, what happens to armory builds if a power is respeced and no longer corresponds to player?
  19. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Interface is all wrong. Unless you have a respec machine near by you need to travel to Watch Tower to use respec machine there. Need to be able to assign points at the Armory and save assignments there. This thing is so stupid.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Seriously? You're clearly just impatient. I have a respec machine in my base, but when I was on test I didn't. I didn't find it any trouble at all to take the whole 2 minutes to travel allllllll the way into space to respec.