Server Downtime - January 16, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All servers will be taken offline on Thursday, January 16, 2014, beginning at 4:00AM PST for a hotfix and maintenance. Downtime is expected to last about 3 hours. Players may notice the following changes:

Armories Launch!
    • Armories are now available in the Marketplace, on the Loyalty Vendor, and via mission in your Journal.
      • Look for the "Your Armory" mission in your Journal.
    An Armory is a new type of Base amenity that allows a player to set up and imprint a predetermined build for their character. A player can imprint their character's current style, equipment, loadouts, roles, and power and skill point allocations to the Armory. By activating the Armory from in the field, a player can switch to this preset at the press of a button. Every character will receive one free Armory. Look for the Your Armory mission in the Journal.

Additional Armories can be purchased from the Marketplace, and placing those additional Armoires in a base gives a character the power to switch between multiple custom builds. The appearance of the Armory will match the theme of the Base it is placed in. This item requires level 12 to use, and can be shared-banked only to other characters on the same account. Each base owned can hold up to 4 Armories.

How to Imprint and Lock and Load

Interact with the Armory placed in a base to imprint a build. Players cannot imprint if a character has more than 10 unspent skill points and/or 3 unspent power points.

Players can only have four Armory Builds equipped at any one time out in the field. Players can update which builds are equipped through the Generator in their base. Look for the Lock and Load mission in the Journal.

To swap between builds, for PS3/4 hold down both R2 and L2. This will bring up a UI that will show the D-Pad directions and the associated Armory Builds. For PC, Armory Builds can be swapped using the number keys on the Num Pad. While out of combat a player can swap Armories Builds every ten seconds. However, while in combat, the player can only swap every ten minutes. Players cannot swap Armory Builds while in PvP combat.

Armories are available in the Marketplace in these options:
    ·One Armory - $6 ($6 per Armory)
    ·4-Pack - $20 ($5 per Armory)
    ·8-Pack - $32 ($4 per Armory)
    oArmories will be sold for Station Cash on PC and for Marketplace Cash on PlayStation, and will be added to the Loyalty Vendor for Loyalty Points
    • Like x 37
  2. iSolar Well-Known Player

3 hours? That's awfully long for just a regular server hotfix. I'm just going to go ahead and say that we're getting our armories tomorrow :)
    • Like x 3
  3. SKYHAY New Player

we will get the armories juhu
  4. Lemon Lass New Player

server hotfix or client hotfix?
    • Like x 2
  5. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

Could be just a predownload with a small patch coming next week. Im not getting my hopes up yet.
  6. Doc Holliday New Player

Armories on reset day?

Don't think so I would hope they have learned that releasing anything on reset day is a horrible idea and will do nothing but blow up CS with trouble tickets.
    • Like x 4
  7. Susanoo Well-Known Player

Armories
    • Like x 1
  8. METT-TC New Player

Hey Doc. No one asked you
    • Like x 6
  9. SLYDER X New Player

OMG stop saying armories are coming..they didn't even say anything about armories..maybe it's to fix the camera issues in fos 1, or maybe to fix the home turf mods not registering when you log in. Either way, get a grip people. Armories will be here when they are ready, no sooner, no later. Nothing we can control about that release so why worry and speculate so much?
  10. METT-TC New Player

It is pretty misleading that they announce a hot fix and let you stew on whether armories are coming or not
    • Like x 2
  11. Little Sister New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  12. The Klepto New Player

Everyone's hope!
  13. The Klepto New Player

Suspense is driving me crazy!
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Server hotfix.
    • Like x 4
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Meanwhile, Mepps, is sitting in his office laughing hysterically at these replay's ... he's thinking "Just wait till they see the update notes and realize it was just a patch!" *insert evil Mepps Laugh*

EDIT: And while I'm writing, Mepps ninja post's! So Batman and a ninja huh? ... wait ... same thing :oops:
    • Like x 3
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There will be downtime tomorrow for the maintenance portion, and we wanted to get the word out so there are less surprises. We're finalizing what will be in the hotfix now and will post asap. What will it be, what will it be? :)
    • Like x 14
  17. METT-TC New Player

Oh yeah I forgot that I'm in the land of the Care Bears. I'm soo sorry for being a meanie.# care bear stare
  18. METT-TC New Player

W
    so you're saying there's a chance ....... Muahahaha
  19. Leet Active Player

Thanks for the vague update once again....
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mepps, this has got to stop. I've put up with it for over two years now and I can't take it anymore. Just stop, please. You have to stop being so awesome before someone gets hurt.
    • Like x 5