Server Downtime - December 17, 2013 - Game Update 32!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 16, 2013.

1. wulff420 New Player

that will be next update if im hearing things around the forums right that is. but you go in pvp in pve gear an you die instantly so thats not a problem the problem from what i gather is apparently being able to get your head caved in over and over till you finally get something with good stats after days even weeks even months of trying and then using those things with good stats to get what you want from pve only slightly easier, is too easy. and to a lesser degree if im understanding proper the fact that healers are being overworked by people being silly and wearing gear with no defense on it in an instance. moving on tho, and thanks for re asking your question again and giving me a chance to respond. moving on can someone tell me right qwik where i can make humble suggestions to game content additions?
  2. H.. Committed Player

It seems at times, "the game" does, go out of its way, to complicate a simple task(s) - (call it grinding or, whatever you will...) but, it seems, that this is, the case - allot.

One thing is for sure - There is just TOO Much gear in this game - I would have been nice to have a combined Toughness / Defense stat or, put them both the same set of armor. However, I guess that is a MOOT point - with armories and such coming down the road!
  3. JustaWolf New Player

When are they coming i thought they said December in their little video Yippie Armories!!!!!
  4. thelostczarnian New Player

it is still hard to get good decent ring, mask, neck, before central city.
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

man i was thinking the same lol
  6. H.. Committed Player

1st Quarter of Next Year - Hopefully Mid Jan - 2014!
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...really?
    Seems to be a waste of time, in my opinion, to do that. Why should I try to gear up so fast, knowing that a new DLC is released only a few times a year or so and end-game updates are also few and far between? How do you gear up so fast and not get bored from playing the same end game content over and over before the next DLC arrives? I don't use replays and I still do not have any T5 geared toons. I guess farming bits, collections, briefs and investigations as well as doing feats and side missions take up part of my game time. Of course, real life responsibilites take up time as well.

I think if I ever geared/leveled up that fast I would not play this game anymore.
    • Like x 1
  8. Blooderty New Player

Guys just curious if people still have blood bat gear and try to enter a raid or alert their gear will be useless right sense it's pvp???
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

It is being removed. It just takes extra work and happens to be scheduled to come later...or SOON(tm). A fresh level 30 may not be able to afford the cash PvP set. That means they're going to be effectively naked in their leveling up PvE gear. That would be too jarring of an entry into PvP and could drive those players away from ever trying PvP. To address that transition for new player, they want to offer a stat clamping mechanism for PvE gear in PvP. Basically if cash gear is T1, they want to make all PvE gear T0.5.
  10. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'm not looking to get walked through content.
    Honestly, I find it a bit annoying if the first time I go through an Alert and there is a high Tier (or more than one) running it as a speed feat. I don't mind the speed feat, but I would like to enjoy the mission the first time through without a big rush.
    The MOT won't buy me weapons anyway until T3, but I can see your point as the walk-throughs as a way to rush through the lower tiers.

I don't really want to rush through the content, I just want to have access to a PVE weapon that is part of my character conception while running the content.

Thanks for your post in regard to this, I understand that you are trying to help.
    • Like x 1
  11. Blooderty New Player

Can i plz get an answer on this?
  12. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

ikr, i've been in this game over 2 1/2 years and it took me 3 weeks to level up my main toon. so, how the hell is this guy going from a fresh level 30 to t5 in just 4 days? i can't even imagine it, all of those brain frying hours packed into such an extremely short time span.
  13. wulff420 New Player

how do you gety to do gates at a lower cr? my cr is 55 and gates is locked to me saying i need over 70 and im legendary this month so thats not it
  14. Blooderty New Player

Lolol clearly u can't, it isn't that hard to understand lol
  15. wulff420 New Player

obviously but i see all these people telling all who were nerfed in update to get there gear at central city and telling them if there cr is not high enough to go to central then have people take you through gates and get tons of marks and gear up the right way so i was asking how to do that i get no responses in lfg when i ask to be taken through it i mean ill do my best to contribute and i dont want to rush through it i want to enjoy the raid but i still need help and if nice people want to help me my info is

us
    pc
    pve server
    my main is a
    55 cr
    bow
    gadget
    and flight
    dps
    called Darque Hunter

i forgot to mention what i meant that its locked to me is on the que list dont know how to go there and walk in right off hand but yea
  16. DELIGHTED New Player

I am a HL player with a really good pvp leage. If you want to join, you must have full max pvp gear. MESSAGE ME on USPS3 villians.
    Our leage name is VenomDealers.
  17. wulff420 New Player

dude i dont know if you were telling me this or what but this thread sorry to say isnt for that you want to make that post on league recruitment if you were telling everyone. thanks tho for offering but nope im in t3 pvp gear i think when i pvp and im not that great and right now i am grinding my **** off to get relevent pve replacements for the few pvp pieces i never took off till they nerfed us. (but im am trying hard to stop beating that hoarse. but that hoarse just made me so mad i put fifty bullets in it and pistol whipped it for hours and when the pistol broke i proceeded to kick it over and over and still felt no better. and now i got to take days out of my game time that i would rather still be using to try and get to my goal of getting the stag armor in watchtower magic wing to get a new horse i bought the saddle last night but i still need the saddle bags the blanket and the animal. and each piece is costly. and my old horse was so nice i loved him tilll he broke his 2 legs his teeth his tail and neck on that old crossing of 32 he was specificly desighned for me to maximize dps and survive the hate from the pain i caused the mobs from parts of two different horses one given to me by bat man another by robin afrter several visits to them both lol) sorry folks i just couldnt resist rping out the old addage cant beat a dead horse no matter how mad they make you lol
  18. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

Best to adopt the Captain Kirk mantra...

"I've always known I'll die alone."

In this game (unless you are in a league, or have RL friends in game with you) you are truly and completely alone. I spent all night running Challenges and Smallville for a weapon drop. Never got it. Asked to get some help, either in alerts or a low raid, and the one single, solitary answer I got was..."Go do your starter mission, you'll get a weapon hehehehe".

Spent over 100 replay badges, came up zilch. I'll keep trying tomorrow and the next day, or at least until I run out of my allotment of RBs, then I'll retire the character and go back to leveling my alts.

All these people telling you to go raid and stuff, I fully expect are snickering out of the sides of their mouths. If you dont have at least 70CR, and are ready to run T3, T4 or T5 (Mostly T4 and T5) then your ship sailed long ago, and your option is to grind it out with 4 mans, Duos and Challenges, which if you have the stomach for it, will take you over a year to get your next gear set.

Best of luck.
  19. Bloodartist New Player

I feel for you, getting a pve weapon the type you like is one of, if not the most annoying things in the game. Í'm CR 91 abouts, and still have to use a cr 71 weapon cause correct weapons simply don't drop. It would be so much better if weapons could be vendor bought as well.
    • Like x 2
  20. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

Probably the SOLE infuriating thing about this game. I did get a weapon tonight...of course it was for a healer (which I am not) and so it went right into the vendor trash. I also got some cool blue weps which would have done wonders for some of my other characters. But, alas, they are bound to me.

Seems alot of the problems with weapon drops (specifically) could be alleviated if the weapons were "Bound to Account" which would allow you to swap them between your characters, so it didn't become such a annoyance and end up as so much vendor fodder.
    • Like x 2