Server Downtime - December 17, 2013 - Game Update 32!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I think I'm going to just stick to legends untill we get a fix. Level 90 PvE gear wit Exp Mods in PvP scares me.
  2. Crackpot71 New Player

Point made. "If anyone in my league is too elite to help out the lower level people in the league,". "I like strong players in my league". Your words. "REAL elite players are the ones that can not only lead, but can teach and develop others." My point.
  3. Crackpot71 New Player

Despite all of the wrongs or rights, or the good or bad, we are a family. We might be a dysfunctional family, but a family none the less. To all of the DCUO Staff, Members, and Players...... I wish everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Except you MEPPS. Screw this up, you get COAL!!. Just kidding. I hope you get your Slinky. Lol
    • Like x 1
  4. cyborgwin New Player

Anyone help? Because of this update, my main toon has an unusable weapon (PVP, but it didnt actually lower defence, only added toughness), and I can't do any PVE instances to gain any marks. This is really frustrating, as I recently got back into this game and I just recently got thie character to 30. now, my toon is essentially useless, as i have no way of getting any useable weapons apart from severely under powered lvl 24 weps from vendors. PLEASE HELP
  5. Mirai Well-Known Player

You can get severely underpowered level 28 weapons from the vendors.

That's probably not much of a help. Sorry.
  6. cyborgwin New Player

Alright, thanks... which vendors sell this stuff?
  7. Mirai Well-Known Player

The Midtown and Diamond District police departments for heroes, and the nightclubs in Midtown and by Gotham University for villains. One of the two PvE vendors in each of those will sell level 28 PvE weapons.
  8. TwoToesTony New Player

Am i the only one on PS4 that cannot download the update 32?
  9. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

I noticed that respecs are not being consistently granted to Nature and Sorcery toons.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dany2125 New Player

I know it has been said repeatedly, but I still want to say it: I'm upset on the PvP/PvE gear change. I have no problem getting PvE armor, what I have a problem with is that even with my higher level PvP weapons, I still don't do as much damage as I would like against enemies, and that will only get worse because out of the entire time I have been lvl 30, I have yet to find a PvE weapon that is even close to equaling to my PvP weapon. The armor isn't the problem with me, it's the weapons.
    • Like x 3
  11. Eternal Crusader New Player

For me, what I did appreciate is the fact that you can't use Home Turf trinkets in 1v1s because all PvErs put supply drops, side kicks, etc. Now that they can't use it, they become even squishier as long as you are not block broken/interrupted you should be fine... It takes maybe 3 seconds max to go through their health... Now that T5 PvP is almost here it will make them even more squishier then they already are.. Now, as for PvP in PvE being banned that is fine with me. It should have never been in there anyway(and vice versa) the only people who would have a problem with it are people who are T1 and maybe T2. All the other stuff was great too but this is what will(in my opinion) effect most people
  12. Eternal Crusader New Player

I forgot to mention, with the update they should have made weapons, trinkets, rings, and necklaces drop more as most people have PvP versions of those and working to get those may set some people back thats something a bit disappointing but its manageable
  13. pookachan33 New Player

I think pretty much everyone agrees that blocking pvp gear in pve instances was a huge bummer. I have a few fresh lv30 characters that rely on pvp weapons, rings, necklaces and trinkets for their tier 1 and 2 shenanigans. I threw away most of said pvp gear while playing because it wasn't as good as my trusty pvp stuff, and now I face that devs rendered them useless. It's a low blow, to be honest.
    The decent thing to do is to at least add reasonable leveled weapons, rings, necklaces and trinkets to the pve armor vendors, even if they cost Marks of Triumph, I don't care, I just don't want to sit and hope for a weapon to magically drop that's just my role and just my weapon type. Let's face it, that NEVER happens.
    Or maybe, just maybe, condition the drops in solo and group instances to the "usable by me" protocols. Honestly, nearly 90% of the loot I get is completely useless.
    • Like x 5
  14. pookachan33 New Player

Agh, can't edit anymore. I meant I threw away the pve gear.
  15. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

Tonight I stripped 5 pieces of gear from each of my 30s (Weapon - Trinket - Necklace - Rings x 2) and put on a White Level 30 weapon from the vendors in DD and Midtown.

Nearly 20% of my stats evaporated, my Weapon DPS dropped by 20, and in the Larfleeze event, I came in dead last in every category, doing a pitiful 41k damage compared to everyone else's 65k+.

Let's be frank...SOE just neutered all 5 of my Level 30s. I dread even thinking about taking them into challenges, much less Duos or any group content, thereby making replacing those items a monumental challenge that in all honesty I don't think I'm up for. For all intents and purposes, I have lost the desire to play those characters anymore. The uphill climb to get them back to where they were just yesterday will take months (given the horrendous drop tables) and may never actually happen if RNG doesn't favor me.

At this point, I am re-evaluating my subscription, and given how I am feeling about my characters tonight, I will likely let it lapse and go back to other games I've played before.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dark1509 New Player

Lol it never stops amazing me when ppl come to the forum and cry about something they had plenty of time to adjust to.

Tbh I have never used pvp gear in pve content because there is no need to do so.

I just took my tank toon and leveled him from lvl 10 to cr 80 in a month and even though i was picky and only wanted ma weps I still made good speed.

Yh its true my league did carry me trough a few instances (5) but never the less it was never hard for me to get a new and powerfull wep.

So stop crying and start playing
    • Like x 2
  17. Fireman Level 30

YOu can still use your pvp gear in open world. Makes me wonder... During an operation, when you go to the city, can you still use them? Lets see..
  18. Fireman Level 30

Now the loot is giving this blank slate weapons, that you can craft based on your current role. Not always happens, but often. Thats good.
    • Like x 1
  19. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I'm looking for some actual testable facts or a green name to confirm something. If your log in screen weapon is brawling, do u get any bonus for having a 88 brawling weapon over all other 88 weapons? I know when u reset your skill points one is already set to the log in weapon. But other than that is there truly a difference? Or If u have an 87 brawling it gives a bonus comparable or slightly less to all other 88 other weapon? I've been told it does and it does not and others do not know and consider that it is in theory possible with no real confirmation. Is it worth buying the change weapon type on the log in screen to get some other bonus. Any actually test this some how? I also agree btw that tiered weapons should b available in t1, t2, t3, t4 & t5. I believe they should be on the low end once u pass a certian cr u can get them...kinda like c.c. but with the best weapons and gear as drops. Rings, trinkets & knecklases as well like the trigon dlc. Also, they did give fair warning, like a month ago they were disabling pvp weapons, people u had longer to get other weapons especially with the delayed update. I myself understand what u r saying, but on the 3 alt.s I don't use as much I went and ran some missions and got useable weapons. I use my alts. to farm the seasonal events. 2 toons have 48/49 cr dps gear accept they both have tank pistols. It's what dropped the same day for both characters. They were both around cr 34, but I run shady night club everyday on my main and just sent the gear to my alts since they r tradeable. I also had hand me down necklases and rings from other toons that I got in the vault as well. Use your shared bank slots to swap these to other toons. It was a quicker way to gear up and not b so squishy for others in the events with me and good enough to get seasonals done.
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

how long do you really think it takes to get geared this isnt like the beginning of the game you can go from 30 to t5 in a week or less with out replays
    • Like x 1