Server Downtime - December 17, 2013 - Game Update 32!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

It has become obvious to me that your problem isn't that they took your gear away, but that you have no idea how to play this game. I have 3 cr99 characters and a cr 100 character. The last one I made it took 4 days to get from level 1 to cr 99. giving you pvp weapons to use in isn't going to make you any better. You need to make some friends and learn how to gear up. Geez I'm surprised you could even find the forums. I'd be more than willing to personally help you with this task but please stop crying.
    • Like x 1
  2. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Heh... with a name like that you have to die a lot.... :)

This is actually a good time to replace some of those bits. rings and trinkets you can get from the seasonal.

You can get weapons and rings from the t1 challenges and if you are over 43CR then I really recommend Oan and Star labs for fresh weapons. Especially Oan as it is almost guaranteed to drop weapons. If 53 CR or more then its off to the Central City vendor and spending marks.

It will not take months, I'd expect you to have most of it in few days, a week at the outside.
  3. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

It is only complaining and whining to you because you disagree.
    I was stating where I stand on the issue.

Farming isn't part of MMORPG. Farming is something added to MMO's to keep players from leaving the game once all the actual content I completed. Much like creating a new character, farming retains some players interest in a game. Players that reutilize the content through the experience of a new character are running the same missions again, but it becomes a different experience. Those that feel that the Pokémon urge to "catch them all" can be easily retained by farming for better gear and feats for ever increasing skill points.

I don't play other genres of MMO's. I play super-hero MMOs and farming is the bane of super-hero MMOs because farming is not part of the super-hero genre.
    Farming might yield a new experience if it is done through PUGing, but most farmers are farming with the same group of people running the same group of content over and over again. That is not my idea of a good time.

That is not complaining or whining that is stating a point.

You can attempt to belittle what I have to say by insulting me, but it does not change what I believe or my willingness to stand up for what I believe in.

Have fun with your farming. As you say, you can farm in any MMO.
    Farming definitely is not RPing.

You really can't make a point without trying to insult someone, can you?

I'm not asking for better PVE gear other than sets being complete to cover the masks, necklaces, and rings. I know these do drop,. but they are rather rare. Ads farmer, I understand you don't see an issue with that.
    My main concern is the weapons due to the fact that many of us have relied upon the PVP weapons because they had better stats than the PVE weapons. In many cases, people have deleted inferior weapons. This has put players into a tight spot.
    I know you don't care. You have made it abundantly clear that you don't care about other players concerns. I can only think that if you were in a similar position that you would, but probably not because you are down with sudden changes that take way the use of gear that you have depended upon nearly the entirety of your gaming experience with DCUO.

The first thing I did when I hit 30 was to start buying up sets of PVP and PVE gear. In order to do this I started to subscribe once I had 5 characters at level 30 - which was right around the point that 3 months had passed from what I had purchased the $30 DLC pack. I had decided that if I enjoyed the game as much as I was that I should support it. I understood that there was end-game farming going on because that's what things beak down into once a game moves into it's end-game period. I did not however think that the DEVs were past the point of working on new content for lower levels. It certainly wasn't fully clear to me at that point that character conception was thrown out the window by end-gamers and they could care-less what weapon they use.
    That's not the case for me. It is important to me as part of a super-hero experience for me tor remain true to the character's conception.

And regardless of your insults that is a statement of my beliefs and not complaining or whining or being a crybaby.
    Name calling is ... well .... it is pretty obvious what it is.
  4. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

You can buy weapons rings and neck in central city. If you are not high enough level to get into central city than have some people help you through a gates, prime, and fos raids to get quick marks to be high enough. this is not hard, I can help you with it of you'd like.
  5. Alpha XXX New Player

Likewise.

Of course it makes sense for pve gear and weapons to be more effective in pve scenarios but to render pvp gear redundant altogether is a bewilderingly heavy handed approach.
    • Like x 4
  6. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

4 days? Impossible.

They have these things called "Weekly Lockout" and unless you hit the motherlode of all luck in every drop you got, there simply is no way...unless of course you bought stacks upon stacks of replay badges then spent all frickin day farming. If that happens to be the case, then you basically bought your gear with real money, and I don't roll that way.

I do Challenges and Duos, with the occasional 4 man Alert tossed in. Or I should say that I used to. Now, I'm nothing more than a worthless drag on any group I might join, so until I can fill my gear gaps back in from Challenges, I'm pretty well stuck. I won't lean on others to get me geared.
    • Like x 2
  7. Talliejj Level 30

Thnx 4 the update and hard work guys..

Just 1 question, do you have any indication for when the broker will be available again mepps?
  8. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

So you are saying that you do not do any raids, and on occasion you may do an alert? You are really missing out on large portion of the game, a portion that happens to be the best place to get marks of triumph and gear. You should try doing raids, I'm sure you'd be happy with the outcome. And like I said previously, I'd be more than willing to help you out. calm down and stop being so pessimistic this is not impossible or even difficult for that matter. Just try it.
  9. akaivy Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with PVE vs. PVP.

I am sorcery and use the watcher. Does anyone else notice that it doesn't stay around like it used to? I have to keep summoning it, whereas it used to stay with me until it was killed. Either that or Larfleeze's lanterns are stronger that I remember. I haven't had time to run anything else.
  10. Lemarcel55 New Player

Hey, fyi gearing up with PVE gear is neither particularly difficult or time consuming. Go run some content. Get in some alers, get in some raids. You'll get some marks and some weapon drops. It's not that complicated :)
  11. Proffesor Maliss New Player

The disabling pvp gear in pve bit kinda stinks...sometimes pvp is just better than pve as it gives more health, power might and precision...please concider removing that!
    • Like x 3
  12. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I appreciate it.
    Please look out for players in the game with the same problem, that's good enough for me.
  13. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I have the feeling that I'll need to regress to lower T content for my 30's until something drops - it's only one Tier for me, so it isn't as big of an issue for me as it is for others.
    Marks aren't going to help with PVE gear until T3, and I'm not that far along.
    Thanks for the positive input.
  14. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

You dont have to have T3 gear to do T3-4 raids. hell, ive completed gates as a level 15. you won't get the loot from it but you will get the MoT. about 3200 just from that 1 raid. Im sure if you ask in LFG you can get a group to help you out with that. Same goes with prime & fos1,2,3. complete them all and you'll probably have just shy of 10,000 MoT. and that should be enough to get enough gear to hit cr53 to get in to CC and buy the weapon, rings and neck you need. Also, if you collect all of the briefings in the gates raid you will be sent a level 71 dps facemask in the mail.
  15. wulff420 New Player

dont want to keep beating this horse after its death but i gotta step in on this cuz im kinda new
    plz explain how you can do bangin raids without a high enough cr? im at 55 and i dont think im able to do gates still. (heck i been wanting to do the raids that continue the story and the last chasm i was in (the first t2?t3? raid i think) the whole group left cuz we wiped once.)
    then if a group will take you how could you be any good at all so you dont get kicked with only a 20 dps weapon and no jewls?
    i did it last night tho. i had 200 sumthin marks and made over 300 marks to get the 600 mark weapon in central now my goal is the jewls and i will continue to persevere till i achieve it(i ran all the missions around the vendor in cc then i spent 1000 store points on vault tickets (and dint get much for it) then i found the weak weapon at diamond district and did my t2 or t3 solos whatever it was and all the next tier scarecrow an all that, it was insanely difficult prolly spent about 10,000 credits on repairs and pop... but i did it!)

you know if only when i got zone walker gear if they would have had equaly good weps and jewls, and steel gear with equaly good wep and jewls, and batsuit with equaly good weps and jewls. i would have had all pve gear and would have never kown the difference in this silly update(but at first i kept upgrading my pve armor sets hoping to get better in both sides of the game and kept getting one shoted in pvp even tho my stats were awesome and i was angry that they seperated gear in this game. pvp gear in a game like aion where it is a race to stunlock and kill your enemy is neccesary and gives you something to strive grind farm and try for cuz its stats are equaliy relevent in both specialy when they come an gank you while your out doing whatever. but in a game like this where its fun friendly and relies on skill to fight in pvp (like a fighter game like soul calibur) making seperate stats for pvp/pve is dumb if they wouldnt have made sepperate stats for both then these changes would not have been so called "needed".. i think it was dumb to lock it out but it was even dumber to sepperate stats for both sides in the first place specialy on the pve server where you cue up to pvp i would have preffered to have all my gear from batsuit and que up for whatever i was in the mood for instaed of switch armor sets now jewls and weapons too to que up.
    i do understand the other side of the locking gear tho, if you went to a raid or alert or anything pve in your "pvp"ARMOR the healer would have to work so hard it would be disgusting. but thats all just armor.

weps and jewls that have way better stats than anything else! that your using all along and trashing all the inferior crap you pick up or vendering everything to have money, was a dumb move. armor yes by all means lock it out but not jewls and weapons.

like i said get rid of pvp/pve stat differences all together instead of crippling everyone that were doing it wrong, and/or making us have 2 sets of gear to begin with.

but thats my take on the whole thing and im not just whining or trolling or anything just restating my feelings on this whole thing wishing my opinion mattered and they would reconsider this move for all who were affected by it. if you werent affected by it good your a better man than i and i commend you. but if you were affected and wanted to try and ask them to reconsider all of it its an understandable emotion.

im working on central city gear now and will soon be back to where i was. actually my cr went up 2 points when i got my bow so i will be better for this once i achieve it.

to all in my predicament persevere and good luck to you. to all who are mad at us for being in our predicaments i respect your opinion as well but in my opinion you are wrong but ill agree to disagree. to all in general merry Christmas enjoy the game and lets all be friendly to each other peace on earth and good will toward man. and to the staff thanks for everything else and have a nice and happy holiday and all that as well

(unfortunately i hate to see how the severely limited premiums and the ungodly even worse completely free players will fair in this. i feel so bad because i was lucky and able to afford to pay sub and i know how it feels to be stuck on premium it is very hard to enjoy this game after you pay sub and cant afford to pay it again and have to be busted back down to severely limited premium.well i guess i shouldnt say severe but not being able to hold enogh cash to buy anything except stacks of cola when you use em all up is harsh is nice tho you get a char slot for each side and mentor tho)
  16. Proffesor Maliss New Player

This game is just getting more complicated and so much worse...just leave it free for anyone to use pvp or pve anywhere...the NPCs are really difficult to beat using early pve gear...please look into this....I don`t see any benifits from banning pvp gear from pve content...just to be fair the adjustments to powers were great :)
  17. GrimVoid New Player

idk how many people remember this or know about it now, but back before Central City dlc, a lot of people including myself would hit the treasure chest in khandaq for loot every time it was available. All of its spots are accessible without having to fight anything so u can walk in alone and grab some gear. Its dropped lvl 40 weapons and if i remember correctly, an occasional ring or armor.

So if u dont have access to CC or anything, this was a good method back in the day, sure it may take time but then again theres no reason u need to be in gates the same day u hit 30.
    • Like x 1
  18. wulff420 New Player

oh yea i forgot all about other changes that were made, i was all up in arms about my weps and jewls being useless and having to downgrade when i first read this lol and then i havent even noticed any power changes yet cuz i been busy grinding on my main. thanks to the devs for erything else if it made things better for everyone. larfleeze was fun i danced like snoopy lol yay.
  19. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

I ask again
    • Like x 1
  20. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

if you absolutely have no life, then yeah i guess a week, smh.