Downtime Server Downtime - August 24, 2017 - Game Update 74!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 74!

All servers will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on August 24, 2017, to launch Game Update 74! Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Game Update 74 features refinements to the stats revamp, a improved skill point UI, and prepares the game for Water's launch on August 30.

The full update notes are now available here.

Update: The all worlds are now online.
    • Like x 4
  2. Dezzmo New Player

Has the update already started? My game froze and then crashed and I tried logging back in but it wouldn't let me.
  3. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I am pleased to see the notes are updated regarding NPC stats. I'm a bit more hopeful for my testing tomorrow.
  4. Kipperjones Level 30

NPC stats? What about our characters? CC moves are exactly the same with no sp in Dom as to 175 in Dom. Also shields....serious hit or miss there, I've seen a healer with no Dom at all, there shield negating 24k damage, my shield as a tank, and 100 pts into Dom gets taken off with 5 k? Id say our toons are a lil more important then NPC's but hey, now we can not spec into Dom with our new skill point UI....
    • Like x 1
  5. FlashingBolt05 Active Player

6. Hraesvelg Always Right

They're also doing a lot of stuff on the backend for water to hit, I'm sure. They can just flip a switch when it's go time for that.
  7. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

8. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

Base shield strength is based off of both Dominance and Restoration, however each shield has a multiplier which is used to determine total damage blocked. As such, some shields end up being stronger than others based upon this multiplier, even if used on the same character. Hard light shield, for example has a longer cooldown than most shields but also doesn't shield as much damage as a standard shield with a multiplier of only 1 I believe (could be wrong with that number).

[TANK]
    Immolation (Fire) = Approx 1.52
    Winter Ward (Ice) = Approx 2.30
    Density (Atomic) = Approx 1.87
    Redirected Rage (Rage) = Approx 2.17
    Gemstone Shield (Earth) = Approx 3.27

[HEAL]
    Boon of Souls (Sorcery) = Approx 1.93
    Swarm Shield (Nature) = Approx 1.88
    Flux (Electric) = Approx 1.88
    Group Transducer (Electric SC) = Approx 4.13
    Blessing (Celestial) = Approx 1.87

Furthermore, healers also often have about 2x the Restoration that tanks have in Dominance, coupled with all of these OP items that are out, my healer runs about 2.5k Dominance. This makes for a very strong shield even though Dominance has a much higher effect on shield strength than Restoration.

CC moves are designed to work if you surpass the recommended Dominance for that content. As a tank this should be easy even without skill points based on your mods, gear, and tank role bonus. For non-tank characters, in my experience, CC superpowers can be hit or miss whether they provide the desired effect.

Hope this helps!

Petros
    • Like x 1
  9. Armaggedion Well-Known Player

i was hoping for test server to be at least available while the live is down :/ thought it was like that back in the days or maybe im getting too old.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Are we there yet?
  11. Sanguine Archer New Player

It would be interesting to see what the multipliers for Controller shields are. It seems like Hard Light Shield works better on my Gadgets toon than Distract does.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I started playing Year 1. I'd use Wildfire to raise Joker's goons into the air. It was fun. Then it suddenly stopped working. I was told the fun was over and not worry about Dom. But the questions persisted.

This has continually confused me. Always wondering how much Dom a DPS would need to increase their CC in certain events.
  13. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

I'm excited to see some of the issues reported in the forums being addressed and look forward to what they've come up with in this latest round of tweaking.

Not everyone is at your level of game play knowledge, using unexplained acronyms can be confusing:
    CC is Crowd Control
    OP is Over Powered
    k when used with a number like 2.5k represents thousands 2.5k equals 2,500 (or the moving of the decimal point three spaces to the right).

8 Hours is a guesstimate - best case has been about 7 hours. Longer down should be expected as unforeseen issues often arise. These may or may not be on Daybreaks side or on the Playstation/XBox side. To include any hardware between the companies that fall outside of their control (such as AT&T, Sprint, or other communication lines/hardware).
    • Like x 1
  14. Duzzit Active Player

OP doesn't mean Over Powered in the context of this thread. OP means Omnipotent, which is the name of the items.

If you say 'Rage is so OP at the moment' - that OP means Over Powered
    If you say 'I've finally got all the OP items' - that OP means Omnipotent
    • Like x 2
  15. kreepitcute New Player

If that's the list for future patches. What particular content is being patched with this update? I know it says tier 4, 5 and 6 but there is no list stating which alerts/raids. So far I'm enjoying the revamp to be honest. It will be nice to see these problems are being fixed though.
  16. Jtsmith1883 New Player

I just want them to fix pvp by adding back the counters to rage atomic and etc just the fact I can't block or interrupt their moves is unfair takes the fun out of the game pls Mepps bring that back everything else is pretty much ok just bring back counter. I'm not trying to get on unlimited spam bandwagon I have skill and I played the game for many years I like what I see the game is heading I just strongly disagree with the removal of counter and the shields being op the negation of damage is unreal with powers like mental omg reflect damage and the shields I literally could not get the guys health to move an inch no exaggeration and I took all of my own dmg pls fix Mepps
  17. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Thank you for the correction and providing an example for the use of acronym explanation.
  18. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, looking forward to all the new content next month
  19. wpnace New Player

im very happy to see these changes it was quite rediculous that a level 40 npc would be able to stand their ground against cr 201's not to mention it made completing certain content impossible unless you're getting carried by much stronger players
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't think the NPC stat nerf means facerolling will be coming back, before people get their hopes up.