Server Availability - January 1, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All game services should now be available. Thank you for your patience!
    • Like x 1
  2. Gerbal New Player

Can't log in on ps4
  3. Icey Ego Level 30

Uhm.. Mepps... PS US servers are still down.
    • Like x 1
  4. XxReCkLleSsxX Well-Known Player

Thanks for getting the servers back up so quickly but the constant freezes / corrupted data that have been occuring are now occuring just about every 10 minutes for me ... I hope these issues are currently being worked on.
  5. Killthee New Player

PS4 users still can't connect.......
    • Like x 1
  6. Steven Perschall New Player

Im fine with waiting. Just let me know and ill be happy to play it when US PS4 comes up.

AND Mepps can y'all add a US PS4 thing to the homescreen of the dc universe's page. The thing that indicates if its up or not.
  7. LisaLoeb New Player

Before you go back to bed, can you have them fix ps4?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are looking into the PS4 connection reports.
    • Like x 4
  9. ScarletGhost Level 30

Man, I want to see your car dealership that opens up special for you on a holiday just so you can get yourself a new rental or repairs done.

It's a freaking *holiday*. They announced in advance that they were *giving people the day off* and would be operating with less staff.

You really are a product of the 'me' generation.
    • Like x 1
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Thanks to you, and the rest of your team for a lot of hard work.
    • Like x 2
  11. xmac17x New Player

12. Zuse Loyal Player

bat-mepps to the rescue
  13. HermanRuth New Player

Wow, how dare I disagree with you. Appears anyone to hold a different opinion than yours is ignorant. Come down off your high horse.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Hornet New Player

Lol, I feel like the recording industry and every Tower Records shop everywhere would disagree with you, TLS.
  15. Crowhercules New Player

Its not a kid its a team of hackers. @derptrolling is there twitter handle and they post up everything they are doing. Kid got his house raided by the cops bc of one of their twitter fans
  16. HermanRuth New Player

Watch out, Mr. Monarch doesn't like any dissenting opinions of DCUO. Prepare for the lecture on moral high ground.
  17. Crowhercules New Player

Can you guys stop using cars for your analogies? Lets do bunnies instead!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. HermanRuth New Player

Oh, are we getting an extra day on our sub due to the "holiday". If so, I'm fine with it. It's not too much to expect to get what you pay for.
    • Like x 1
  19. Moriander New Player

@Morich, while I agree with your basic premise, that of patience and understanding, your argument is flawed. A car is your property and you are responsible for it. DCUO is a service, similar to phone or cable tv. With those services, customers are not expected to pay for the time the provider isn't providing. That said, DCUO's business model is similar to most mmos in that continuous service is NOT guaranteed, and the players do not "own" their characters, gear, items, etc. From their Terms of Service:
    8. We ... shall retain all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to ... the Game, ... and all game character data in connection therewith. You acknowledge and agree that you have not and will not acquire or obtain any intellectual property or other rights, including ... any artwork, music, character(s), item(s), coin(s) or other material or property, ... and that all such property, material, items and Rights are exclusively owned by us
    "Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the CD-ROM, the Software, the Game, your Account or continued operation or availability of any given feature, service, content, Game-play or server and SOE may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such feature, service, content, Game-play or server in its sole discretion. "

The business model may not seem fair to some, but to paraphrase you, Morich, "You get [litigious] idiots on the internet." and SOE is experienced in dealing with them. When dealing with a customer base of thousands or millions, individuals fade into obscurity, but they will do what they have to to keep the money rolling in.

Raging against the machine won't get the servers up any sooner.
    • Like x 2
  20. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I am able to log in on my ps3 but not on the ps4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.