Server Availability - January 1, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

Nope. I don't have major issues with the game - there are a few annoying bugs, but I see the devs actually working and ressolving things. The devs are giving us free things and on the 1st day of the year, when most of the people have their free time, they're working...
    Sure, the server went down while our group was in PW, but it's not like they planned it: 'Oh look, they beat the 1st sub, fast, disconnect the servers!'.
    • Like x 5
  2. Zpred Dedicated Player

Mepps are you guys aware of the very frequent hard crashes that have been plaguing the ps3/4 on both servers since the last Gu? As well as very long rendering on the ps3. Think there's been a couple of threads on it but no dev reply.
  3. Lelleth New Player

I mean no disrespect these ppl AT ALL. Having said that... The game is becoming more and more bugged/ glitchy/ twitchy as of late. I do agree that for some it is simply not worth the subscription anymore. Praised be the gods it's not that bad for me yet. Updates always cause issues, but it does seem to be a bit more out of hand than usual. Replaybadges that are taken of thrice instead of once, no HUD, no enemies ( PVP and PVE), the lag. I would have preffered no xmas-special and a huge update to ACTUALLY fix the bugs. Not like they supposedly fixed the camera issue in FOS which is still ever-present. And is if that wasn't annoying enough Dox and Nexus are starting to behave in the same fashion. So, please do allow the loyal ppl that pay for the serverpark a moment to vent aswell.
    Having complained my *** off: I do think the DCUO guys are doing all they can. I hope they fix it soon and find some time to fix the ongoing issues.
  4. Kirney Slane New Player

this
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: All servers are affected, including web and forums. We do not yet have a downtime estimate.
    • Like x 1
  6. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Thanks for the update, Mepps. friend and I were wondering why only EU downtime was mentioned when there is clearly a much broader problem.
  7. Shift New Player

I'd just like for my UI to actually load up on my screen on ps3 before I get invited into something only to crash because my screen hadn't gotten to load enough. Oh, and invincible adds in the tunnels of Dox. Those are definitely not fun.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The issue with the US servers should be resolved. We are continuing to monitor the situation.
    • Like x 3
  9. xmac17x New Player

Its still down for me in the US. Keep at it guys, the fate of DC Universe depends on it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Icey Ego Level 30

US PS4 still not able to connect to servers.
  11. HermanRuth New Player

Yeah, how dare people feel entitled. I mean, just because you pay for something, what gives you the nerve to expect it to work? You should just hand DCUO your money and take it. Who cares that they're not delivering on their end? I mean, things break. Wonder what my employer would say if I told him that when I didn't meet expectations. "Hey man, stuff happens. Don't feel so entitled that I do my job"
    • Like x 2
  12. Hunter New Player

I got to the character selection screen for a few moments and then was disconnected on the US servers.
  13. Killthee New Player

I can't connect right now to USPS on my PS4 :(
  14. SnapFlash New Player

I'm in EUPC - couple of people are in now
  15. neidler New Player

So you have never been at work and things got a little rough? You power through it keep your nose to the grind stone and forge a head nothings perfect
  16. Morich Well-Known Player

I find your lack of basic reasoning disappointing, though not unexpected. Sadly, this lack of maturity is rife throughout the community and hurts the game.
    Do you go and demand a refund from a salesman if your car breaks down? No, you go and get it fixed at a mechanic and suck up the cost (unless it's still under warranty, of course).
    It's exactly the same principle here; an outside (and unavoidable) factor has rendered the game inaccessible for what is a relatively short amount of time. Could it be prevented? No. Are the appropriate people doing everything within their power to get things up and running again? Sure seems like it.
    What more could you reasonably expect?

You get idiots on the internet. You get technical failures, be they software or hardware based. Everything breaks eventually. Nothing in design is perfect. Only someone who has completely unrealistic views of existence. or one who is woefully ignorant, would even attempt to claim otherwise.
    • Like x 4
  17. SLYDER X New Player

I'm on usps3 and keep getting error code 1046, does this have anything to do with the issue? If not..what Is code 1046 and why am I getting it?
  18. MarketPlace CMK New Player

Very well said.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Hornet New Player

US PS is still down, at least via ps4
  20. HealerT New Player

Im sorry, but if i am paying money to rent a car (in essence im paying for the use of the game, same concept) and the car breaks down i expect to get another one that works or get my money back.
    On the flip side of this i appreciate that there are Always bugs to be worked out in online games, however in this case it would be a case of, my radiator is leaking, the brakes dont work, and the ashtray wont open, they fix the ashtray but dont fix the more important problems.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.