Server Availability - January 1, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are currently looking into hardware issues with all European game servers which may interrupt gameplay. We'll provide an update as more information becomes available, and thank all of you for your patience.

Update: All servers are affected, including web and forums. We do not yet have a downtime estimate.

Update2: The issue with the US servers should be resolved. We are continuing to monitor the situation.

Update3: All servers are online, but we are investigating PS login problems affecting some players.
    • Like x 8
  2. Talliejj Level 30

I will try again tomorrow.. Good luck fixing it! :)
  3. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

Any idea on how long it will be?
  4. HealerT New Player

a hardware issue? is this a hardware issue on your end? With it being all servers from EU i would have to think so. I have seen this coming for the PS community but i did not see it coming for the PC as well. There have been too many problems in the PS since GU 32 and the PS4 came. There have been few fixes for any of the major issues that have been posted on the bug forum. rendering for the PS3 has gotten worse and not better, PS4 now has rendering issues as well. DC'ing when transitioning has been going on for 2 weeks or more. They fix the minor bugs that dont hurt the game but major issues remain an issue until the servers go down completely.
    Please work on fixing serious problems so our game experience is the best it can be. DCUO really is a nice game when it can be played without the issues.
    • Like x 2
  5. Zezimar Committed Player

I was about to get the Epic oddysey feat, thanks alot.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, not yet. We'll post an estimates we get.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, this is an issue on our end. We'll get it resolved as soon as possible.
  8. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

I hope this hardware issue you guy's are fixing is the same one that keeps me dc'ing since gu31! For a game i pay for monthly, i don't really get much playtime between disconnects. And i really like the game, but it's just a lot more fun if i can play it for more than half an hour nonstop. On the PS3 there is no alert or raid where people won't get dc'd constantly.
    • Like x 1
  9. WolfEyes New Player

Question: will this effect the progress that the players made pior to the system failure? I already had to start one boss fight all over again.
  10. Sideshot66 New Player

Explains why I'm stuck on "Connecting to login servers", which then later disconnects me saying "DISCONNECT: No reply from the servers" or something like that.
  11. Tiberian82 New Player

To SOE Support.
    My english is not so good. But i start thinking to cancel subscribcion for legendary i play this game about 2 years and on this moment this game is not playable. Can you tell why i have to pay for this game now? I hope the rest of players also are thinking like me.
    I wait for your opinion.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are not expecting any rollbacks, but getting disconnected in the middle of something will force you to resume it from the start.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will have the issue resolved as soon as possible, so you can go on enjoying your membership. Thank you for your support.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

YAY MEPPS IS BACK!

Soon...
  15. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Not good enough we want blood
    • Like x 3
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mepps I was just wondering if there is something in the works to fix the current lag in the game? I'm on USPC and ever since GU32 there has been severe lag in Metropolis and Gotham, worse than usual lag in Watchtower and lag in PVP to the point that that my screen often freezes for 5 seconds or more.

At first I thought it was just me as it started happening when I returned to Ireland for the Christmas holidays, but that also happened to be the day GU 32 dropped and I have seen a lot of people say there is far worse lag than usual. On the flip side though I have asked some friends and they say they have no lag, so it seems some are experiencing it and some aren't.

Sorry to go off topic a bit and I do fully understand that stuff happens, so there is no negative feelings here on my part in any way. Just wanted to pop it in while you were available.

Hope you all had a good holiday. :)
  17. Badname 2895 New Player

I think you guys should all just calm your ****.
    Look what time of the year it is, these guys work their ***** off to provide new content for your pleasure,
    a small issue arises and the 1st thing you do is complain.
    Walk a mile in the real world, people need breaks, its a game, its not gonna kill you to just relax.
    They will fix it, they always do.
    • Like x 7
  18. SnapFlash New Player

I guess the EU hardware has had a little too much to drink after New Years' Eve
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It would be best to start a new thread or join an existing one, and describe what you are experiencing in detail. Then we can take a look. People use the word lag to describe pretty much every problem possible, so we need more info to really track down what exactly it is you are seeing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Morich Well-Known Player

The sense of self entitlement is far too overly strong with many people, sadly.
    It's the real world. Stuff breaks. It takes time to fix.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.