Request: DC's Rebirth lockbox styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Apr 3, 2016.

1. CS2016 Committed Player

imho they need to implement a system for the lock boxes. So if you have the style piece it wont show up in the loot picker. With 800+ styles to get having pieces you already have in there too makes it impossible to get a piece you dont already have in there.
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

These would be cool on the Marketplace. With less popular characters added to Lockboxes. It'd also be cool if they sold skins for any of these characters who have Legends characters, as well.
    • Like x 3
  3. Anothername Well-Known Player

Soo... from left to right

Green Lantern with a hard no-light gun
    Harley Quinn with a bigger gun
    Swamp Thing
    Hot Green Lantern
    Batman
    Superman in PJ (and I just got used to N52 Superman look)
    Gal Gadot
    Robin
    Robins School buddy (does he wear a Superman jogging suit with cape?)
    Kid Reverse Flash

?

edit:
    That was just my very first impression. Have not read into any of the rebirth stuff. I felt very revolutionary already by buying my first N52 comics last year.
    • Like x 1
  4. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Kuno, you always have nice style ideas!
    • Like x 1
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I think it's time more of the COOL things are available in game without being in the MP.
    • Like x 2
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

Thank you! Really appreciate it.
    Too bad the devs never listen to me or others about styles or customization topics.
    My last thread about having better character models with HD textures and better customization options got deleted.
    I'm not sure I still want to support a game that never support or care about what we want.
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Sorry, but no. We get more than enough cool stuff for free. The Hawkman mask, the Ra's al Ghul hair and cape, Talia's hair, Orion's Mask, Nekron's Chest.

They have to come up with new ways to make money. This replay badge gimmick wore thin 3 years ago and it has seriously damaged the overall game. Time to move on. But they can only move on if they have something viable to replace the replay badges with. Vanity items are one source of revenue that would help with this.
    • Like x 2
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Think from left to right 3rd one is killer croc.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree but i think they would have to overload the MP with some really cool stuff to compensate for the loss of replay $. Something like 25 different booster bundle auras. All of them unique and rare and every color of each one. Considering how much $ they make from booster bundles i dont ever see it happening. There would have to be enough cool stuff for everyone. Everyone has different tastes. U need so many choices that everyone wants to buy something. Another 1 could be power based auras. I play 7 toons atm so i know id be buying 7 right off the bat. Id probaly get em all cause i might change powers at some point. With them pushing out monthly content and it takes priority over everything else do u think they could even do something like u suggested?
  10. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

With the new update to be able to purchase new styles, doesn't that kinda make getting styles out of lockboxes obsolete?
    If someone has a hero with all the styles, it makes only villain have any value at all in lockboxes.

If a player has a villain and hero with all the styles, it makes the mark of valor and repair bots the most valuable thing from a lockbox imo....seeing as how the base items are usually completely worthless.

At least when lockbox styles were tradeable, someone could occasionally make money
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

The thing is I want MORE NEW ICONIC STYLES aside of the 2 sets we get every 3 months and those tiny bits of styles we get for briefing/investigation/collection reward.
    Those styles are not enough. I want better and more diverse styles.
    • Like x 1
  12. JoKeR_3_7 Well-Known Player

I am all for this idea!
    I would love to see a style to match the Rebirth Green Arrow. It is very similar to the Green Arrow style in the TV show.

In general, I would love to have more styles with some texture. I am not a fan of the styles that exist that resemble a second layer of skin or look like they are wearing nothing but spandex. I like the armored looking gear that adds some bulk to certain areas of the body styles. It makes it actually look like they are wearing clothes.
    • Like x 2
  13. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I love most of these but superboy (if that is him) looks god awful. Way too young, they should've gone back to the young justice style.
    • Like x 2
  14. DezDarkly Active Player

With bringing DarkSeid in they could add the new gods iconic styles. That would be amazing.
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

YES!!! All the yes to this idea!!!!
    • Like x 1
  16. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I'm all for more styles, but I think the lockboxes are maxxed out at 800+. I don't want to try to complete a new set from there with 800 other things in the mix! Marketplace is a good place to get something for all alts. I'd also like to see more styles added to investigations and collections (as opposed base items, which should be add drops so we can pick up multiple... but that's another story).
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Make it happen Devs, especially Green Arrow's costume.
    • Like x 3
  19. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I WANT THAT TOP! Put the whole thing on the Marketplace and I will buy it!
    • Like x 2
  20. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I feel your pain. I have 8 more sets to finish off, not including elite gear, and I am done with all the styles in game Heroside.