Request: DC's Rebirth lockbox styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Apr 3, 2016.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Isn't "good villains" kind of a contradiction in terms? o_O

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

The shift from 3 month DLC to monthly episodes has changed the dynamic a bit in terms of gear, considering you'd get distinct hero and villain styles with the DLCs. Since then the styles are generic enough that both sides can use them even if it's based on a particular character, whether it's something like the energy armor or the Black Lantern/Black Hand inspired outfit.

I can't really blame the devs too much for doing that. Even with the armor distribution being spread out over 3 months that's still kind of a tight window to deliver styles in the same manner as the DLCs. Plus in thinking about it going the more "neutral" path may even help reduce some of the gear envy that can take place (still wouldn't mind some of the Parademon-themed pieces for one of my heroes LOL).
  2. CS2016 Committed Player

good villains = the bad***es of villains not heroic villains. You misread / misunderstood.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Noted.
    • Like x 15
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have to echo the people that suggested having these in the Marketplace rather than Lockboxes. I would be willing to wager you'd make a lot more revenue from having them in the Marketplace, at a reasonable price (I'm looking at you Batman cowl!), than if they were put in Lockboxes.
    • Like x 10
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Agreed. There was a point in time there where I was selling those Lockbox styles for $1,501 in game currency as a "reward" to the loyal Premium players out there, or at least so they had the opportunity to purchase them if they wanted them.

The sets would have been much better and had much more value if they were exclusive to the Marketplace. As long as they aren't ridiculously priced, of course. The Laffer Curve and all that.
  6. Flight Avails Well-Known Player

i get at least one LB OR MORE A DAY and there are villan styles i still havent gotten and yet i get numerous of the same junk.... LB'S USED TO BE EXCITING.... NOW THEY ARE AS EXCITING AS BEING IN THE BEDROOM WITH WHOOPI GOLDBERG.... AKA NOT EXCITING
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

Lockbox, inspired gear, Rebirth style packs for MP... what you guys think it's better for the game.
    We want more styles, even if I have to pay for them as a way to support the game further development.
    Note that we want Amazon hairstyle pack too :p
    And thank you for noticing this! ^^
    • Like x 1
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

DC Comics themselves havent released many Rebirth Redesigns for Villains yet. Which may mean that beyond Harley, Croc and one or two others there may not be any. Not every Hero/Villain is getting a Redesign. This isnt New52 Take 2. Its a continuation of the Story and there'll be story reasons for each new Costume. Batmans been wearing his since Batman #50 and we all know by now that Pre-52 Kal El is taking over as the main Superman after the New52 version dies/loses his powers after The Final Days arc.

As for this theory of "Only hero styles show up ingame" that couldnt be further from the truth. The Firestorm style can EASILY be turned into Deathstorm. Red Hood was originally a villain. You's got Steppenwolfs style. Parademons. Quickstryke looks more like a Lexcorp mech than anything else. BvS emblems? I remember a kid called Superboy Prime tearing up the DC Universe. Batman cowl? Todd himself became a murdering gun-totting batman during the Battle for the Cowl arc, even Hugo Strange and Joker had batsuits among others.

Cant see your point being valid at all sorry.

If theyre going to release "Rebirth Styles", then if DC themselves decided to redesign more heroes than villains thats not the devs fault.
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I support MP Rebirth style packs too even better than lockboxes.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I've heard she's a very passionate lover. You should be excited.
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nope, I understood what you said. I was just being a little bit of a smart aleck and trying to lighten the mood a bit with that opening line. :)
  12. CS2016 Committed Player

yea the devs can pick and choose which styles, which stories to use now with monthly episodes. Seeing as that was their whole argument for even wanting / pushing for monthly content in the 1st place. Is it'd allow for new story arcs to be introduced instead of the same crap spreaded out in 3 part DLCs in the "1 DLC every 3 months" setup they had.

so if they do this rebirth styles then it shouldnt be til they have 50 / 50 --- half villain styles half hero theme styles.

Im not against the idea I just know how it'd turn out, there would be more hero styles then villain themed styles, and thats not fair to the villain population.
  13. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Right I get ya, but if you want 50/50 you need to complain to DC Comics not here.

Example:

Heroes getting redesigns (so far)
    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Powergirl Earth 2 (Superwoman)
    Huntress
    Superboy (Jon White)
    Robin (Damien Wayne)
    Robin (Tim Drake)
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Nightwing
    Donna Troy
    Raven
    Beastboy
    Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

Villains:
    Deathstroke
    Harley Quinn
    Croc

This list may not be complete, im going from memory, but its already lob-sided. We've already gotten 1 Harley and 2 Deathstroke styles ingame so all that leaves is croc. Fact is though that the Hero styles can be turned into villains very very easily. Just from the top of my head:

Heroes to Villains:
    Superman - Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, The Eradicator, Bizarro
    Wonder Woman - ANY bad amazon, including Darkseids Daughter
    Batman - Todds killer Batman, Bane was recently Batman, Joker was, Strange was etc etc
    Green Arrow - Myrlin
    Black Canary - ?
    Powergirl E2 - See Superman
    Superboy Jon - See Superman
    Green Lantern Jess - Volthoom, Power Ring E2
    Robin & Nightwing - Wrath and his sidekick
    Etc Etc Etc

If we were talking about just normal styles being released then yeah, 50/50 makes sense. But you work with what you got. Thats 15-3 and 2 of those 3 are pretty much already ingame.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Sinceriously? That's just the Season 4 Green Arrow costume from ARROW! :rolleyes:
  15. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

You guys would be wasting your time if you made them lockbox styles. No one subscribes for styles. Put them on the marketplace. And don't price them like the batman cowl. That was truly a wasted opportunity.

End Post
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

We can always have more marketplace items. Believe me when I say, styles and base items will sell like hot cakes if placed on the marketplace. Myself and several league mates have purchased much off it, and I know many that would drop a lot of coin for styles. No feats, so it isn't PTW. Just badass awesome styles.
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ironically.....instead of adding to the MP.... they seem to be removing stuff.

They seem to have removed the BvS Emblems and Posters from the MP and from the Legends vendors for the posters. :oops:
  18. CorvusRath New Player

I'd like to chime in on getting some more Speedster inspired stuff. Particularly Zoom. The Reverse set just doesn't cut it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this, I'd much rather see more Iconic Emblems! First up should be a pack with a bunch of emblems for the Ring-Slingers, including, but not limited to, several different variations of the Green Lantern Corps Emblem, the Sinestro Corps Emblem, Red Lantern Emblems, etc, etc. That way, players can design their own unique uniforms for their characters. :cool:

Next after that should be Emblems for the speedsters, including, but not limited to, The Flash (all versions), the Reverse-Flash, Johnny & Jesse Quick (although the standard Wings Emblem makes an acceptable substitute for the time being,) etc, etc. ;)
  20. megamanzero Loyal Player

no. good means competent/victorious/interesting in this scenario. not "does good things"