Request about Changes to Light

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by dr strangeonline, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Lantern Jild New Player

Thing is that we all know what changes should be done to HL in order to make it FUN again... i doubt dev's will pay attention to this anyways.

How many times have been posted in forums that triage does not worth the pixels used to put it in the spc tree? but dev's insist to keep that piece of crap in there like someone is actually using it!

How many times did people say about switching inspiration and triage positions?

How many times did we tell Dev's about HUNDREDS of things to make the powerset FUN, not OP but FUN?

It is clear to me that dev's do not pay attention to this posts but to find "bugs"" that are transformed into new bugs in the later.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tanner Wade Active Player

Haven't actually leveled any toon without HL since it's release and people need to quit complaining. Maybe the HL powerset is just not for you. HL has been changed quite a bit but I think it is actually more fun now. HL still has awesome mechanic, HL is still a top dps power. Now HL actually takes some skill and strategizing both In combat and development.

During the HL glory days that untapped power was there for anyone who had the powerset. Every HL toon has combo ability, and every hL toon can jump so It was very easy to take advantage of the game, spec your toon and play style one way and be a beast. Throw out all you know about HL and go back almost learn it again from the ground up and you will see it is still very powerful.

HL powerset is now more engaging and IMHO more fun. You can no longer get tunnel vision and be successful. Now you must incorporate many more aspects of dcuo in order to be ill. In the glory days, you did not have to do anything but build precision, tune your loadout, and watch you tube and bam you were an elite dps and toon. Lol how boring and easy is that?

Now you have to think about other stats besides precision, think about and apply other aspects of dcuo besides construct combos and jump cancels.
    I have found a very powerful and sucessful strategy for hardlight. I want to wait until I max out my toon before I share it with the world.
    This is the most fun I have ever had with dcuo so really I just wanted to thank the devs for their hard work and the game they have built.

Devs I know people give y'all a hard time but there is a huge following of people who love the game and spend more time enjoying it then complaining about it. If you look at what it is instead of what it is not, it is an epic masterpiece.
  3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I'm curious did you read the original post. Nearly everything brought up has to do with recent changes, planned changes that haven't occurred yet, bugs, and balance issues. The balance issues revolve around the controller power set and the range of utilities each has.

I clearly state this is not about damage values or speed. It's not about making it more similar to how it was pre gu 36. It's about stuff that should have happened.

I know how(and most posters do) to use the power. I can perform either role and be successful in game. That in itself does not negate the points in the original post.

Chompers and spike quake should not overwrite. They are the only two pi applicators available to light.

Light blast cast time should be reduced as was planned.

We lack pi applicators overall. We should some in the support tree(so controllers can use the pi more readily), and they should be combo type abilities.

Light should not have 3 PoTs.

Light should have two shields as it was designed.

Fans cc should work properly(bugged).

We should have correct tooltips in our descriptions.

None of that has to do with performing at a high level. It's about function and balance. Just wanted to clarify what I could remember from the op. You are entitled to your opinion. Many other users(customers) disagree.
    • Like x 1
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I am all against HL having a PI…I believe HL should be all around using construct combos. I find the PI mechanics should be left to other powersets. What HL should have as an AM is using construct combos and with each hit it increases our ability to land critical hits and increases in critical damage percentage.

Here is a combo I like to use but animation is slow so I end up being knocked down and the number of hits I get when I don't get knocked down is high but the overall usefulness of the combo is useless.

Chainsaw à Ram à Whip Thrash à Handclap à Chainsaw

If Chainsaw had normal damage, ok…when I go into Ram if I get a critical hit all other damage within the combo should get critical hits and critical damage percentage should increase when I continue with the combo…If I don't get a critical hit, than my next combo move has an increase chance to land a critical hit…That is how I envision HL AM.

If the combo moves were faster, we could get in and out of combos faster.
    What I noticed that prior to update 36, I had no problem being a close and upfront DPS going through various combos. No one really complained. Now with the content requiring more ranged base attacks, I know I lost some of my motivation to even play my HL as a DPS.

I would like to see some of the powers to be setup as range combo. The only range combo I use now is Ram à Snap Trap à Fan or Snap Trap à Fan….To bad Fan could not go into Impact or Light Blast…this would make a decent range combo…yes it would require a good number of Power Points, but if the combo used my HL AM idea it would make HL combo useful once again. To ensure our powers are not under powered, all require a small boost in damage.

Another thought I have is having Support power tree being more ranged and the Assault tree being more melee based.

My problem with PI mechanics is if we pursue this, our powers will become like Nature and other where we may lose our ability to gain the critical hit increase from using WM. Do we want that removed from our Power? I think WM critical is important and we should as a group embrace it; have it as part of our AM and ensure we take advantage of it to gain the most out of the powerset.

As for the controller aspect…I love how the powers work the way it is setup now, other than Light Blast. If the option had more range combo moves it would be even better. I'm not in support of PI, but if the developers go that way with HL, if Support powers had a PI that would be ok as well. As for Light Blast, it should be a single powerful shot – think of Hal Jordan Legendary character and what happens when holding triangle on PS controller. He shots a green lantern symbol blast….That should be Light Blast

Thinking of HL here is how I would improve it… All animation is increased by 15%…
    Supports Changes:
    Tier 1: Impact
    Tier 2: Inspiration (moving to where impact location) Hand Clap and Recharge
    Tier 3: Entrap, Light Barrier, Restore, and Group Shielding
    Tier 4: Grasping Hand
    Tier 5: Light Blast, Boxing (Finishing move with 35% Health), and Triage

Assault: No changes other than improves in animation….

All powers, including Entrap, can combo into two other powers after the power ran through its own rotation…

For instance, right now Entrap after you finish off with the Bat you are done…instead, with the update AM you can go into another power such as Light Claws…

The one expection is the finishers…there would be one for Range and Melee. Both would result in needing to start a new combo…

Let me know what you think of my ideas…
  5. Lantern Jild New Player

JESUS HELP ME HERE!

No one is talking about DPS, no one is talking about powerful strategies nor glory or any of those craps

We are talking about changes that were anounced and werent implemented
    We are talking about changes that need to be done (3 pots 1 shield?)
    We are talking about debufs that can be counter and hurt the powerset (almost all of them)
    We are talking about dots that overight
    We are talking about FUN!

You said that you are "new" the the powerset, well, plz listen to people thats been playing it since day one and know the powerset from the core
    • Like x 2
  6. Tanner Wade Active Player

@dr strange - I apologize sir. I did real the OP but still did not realize until afterwards but my post was off topic sorry about that. You are bringing constructive criticism to the table as well as obvious wisdom so my post was not aimed at you at all. You see the problem as being the bugs that exist in in HL powerset.

My post was aimed at people who critisizing the devs more than compliment them. The just complain and point out that it sucks instead of offered any actual feedback. It was aimed at those who see the problem as being the devs and/or the HL powerset period.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tanner Wade Active Player

@lantern jild - obviously my post was directed towards you either. When it comes to the HL powerset i am true not new sir. I guess I should have worded it differently but what I actually said was, since The HL powerset was released I have not used any other powerset since. I have only used hardlight.

I was also talking about fun as well I stated how this is the most I have had with HL ever. HL is making dcuo more fun than it has ever been for me

I agree with that you said I do not believe my post went against those things but hat is what I get for posting off topic from OP.

I absutely hate the shielding. Especially for troll roll, the best one HL has IMO I do not even use because it has a dad gum super charge cost.
    • Like x 1
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Well to a point it takes a decent stones to publicly apologize.

No BS, well done sir.

I still disagree with you position HL is ok but well done.
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Things that won't happen.

Light claws and boxing gloves

Create a construct of either light claws or boxing gloves to damage, stun, or knock up you opponent. If the opponent targeted is with in the melee range (inside of 10 yards) the claws or glove construct appear on your person. If the opponent is greater then 10 yards to maximum range the constructs appear at the location of the targeted enemy.

Any combos preformed can be preformed at melee distance or at range.

This totally kills the original range to melee to range design of HL construct chain but is a really neat concept for me.

Claw Hold claw at range could make up for lack of range AoE to AoE options and the damage would definitely have to scale between melee and range and I don't even know if they have the tech for it but....

Claw (range) - hold claw (range) / snap trap - fan sound really nice

Gloves might also be more viable if you could pull the four hit combo at range.

Don't get me wrong my favorite idea is still for snap trap to become light grenade (complete with GL) symbol and be an AoE but this is an interesting albeit highly highly unlikely idea.
  10. Tanner Wade Active Player

@acw - I am not the only one with some hair on my chest. It is not easy for someone to comment a person they disagree with especially on a forum such as this in which you are a well known memeber and the person you disagree with just happens to be, joe blow new member #105,45.
    Thanks man

Just for an objective point of view as well as constructive purposes that I can use in the future on this forum, what is my position regarding HL?
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

That you seem to enjoy the HL they way it is and seem to be against complaints but for constructive critisim.
  12. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

I didnt read anything, just insta-liked.
  13. Crimson Jonni New Player

This. As ive said before, people arent asking for it to be op its not all about dps.
    3Pot moves... Why on earth do we have 3? With impact as pot, the other two are practically useless.
    HL is limited on any options for rotations. Most of our ranged powers cost a load of power, hit lower because they apply a D.o.T or in fan's case miss completely, and are single target. What we want is an alternative option.

Do you know how boring it is to use Wm>Ghand>fan or wm>snaptrap>fan for every single rotation? And sure we have chompers and inspiration, but those are necessities. The way our trees are designed is all screwy and we have to go through 4-6 powers we wont even be using just to get anything really useful and it still pales in comparison to other powers.

Grasping hand and whip thrash cost much more power than our other abilities and still arent as effective as they should be. As for lightblast, the troll side its a good stun, but the long animation.. It'll get you killed if you dont jump cancel it every single time. And the dps lightblast is pathetic. Iconic heatvision is better, and it isnt even a finisher.

I switched to rage a while ago to get the seraph style and the sunstone bulwark and let me tell you, there is a problem when using one power is better than using an entire rotation. Wm>db>db>db>clip with Plasma wretch far outclasses any of lights combos. And yeah db is slow, but so is ram >st> fan. Only difference is that ram has a long dovetail, snaptrap has a long dovetail, and fan has a long dovetail, making this combo impractical unless you want to hinder yourself.

We dont have many options anymore and thats what ticks me off the most. I dont care about not being able to jump cancel, i dont care about the Power interaction, i dont care about inspiration. All i want is to have options for the way i play instead of having to rely 90% on weapon mastery and to have people who obviously have little to no experience with this powerset to stop coming into threads like these and saying " everything is fine, stop complaining and adapt" cause quite honestly, its a load of bull. Anyone who has played this power more than a few days knows that there are far more problems than are shown on the surface
    • Like x 1
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

As it stands now, me just spamming wm combos is doing a better job than me using wm and burning through a ton of power trying to keep up with everyone else. Every raid i notice i'm using much more power than other players around or even below my level.

And as for trolling, there isnt even a point to crowd control when ads break out of every thing and will kill you if you let the near 4 second animation play out.
  15. GammaGreenLantern New Player

The damage out is not the problem with HL DPS (although the lack of AOE definitely needs to be looked at), no the problem is the POWER COST.....

Devs lower the power cost...it's ridiculously high when compared to any other powerset.....
  16. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Wow yes there are problems with the HL powerset...

How about this? Face off against me in a raid and I will kill you in damage out and yet I still know there are issues with HL....just becaus you can top the damage boards doesn't mean the powerset does not have issues that need to be fixed...

GammaGreenLantern USPS
    Anytime son....
    • Like x 2
  17. Lantern Jild New Player

I'm a HL troller and i have to admit that if do my job (only that, nothing else but that, no mw or anything) i'll have pretty much no problem (impact, recharge and light blast are all i use) ...

In any case, HL is not FUN anymore, i cant "spam" my combos nor create awesome moves that i used to enjoy, i'm just a D energizer battery

I'll keep playing it, just cuz i like my toon, nothing more
  18. Tanner Wade Active Player

@GAMMAGREEN - I did not say there were not obvious issues or problems with HL powerset? Nor did I say anything about being on the top of the damage boards?
    So how about this? read my post correctly before calling me out sir.
  19. Tanner Wade Active Player

@ACW - I am for constructive criticism and against complaints because constructive criticism gives feedback, knowledgable feedback pointing out problems or issues that can be built upon

Complaints are just people whining and crying about the things they don't like.

There is a difference between personal preference and actual problems
    • Like x 1
  20. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I know what you mean. I plan on staying light and still no weapon control but the current set up doesn't feel complete. The addition of the PI has brought up issue's for me in that regard. Having to use a non combo type ability to apply the PI increase's my power in. Needing it up to get the combo's to hit decently means I need it up.

I use Dazing Device's like crazy. To curb some of my power use but they only work at melee so I have less freedom with range. Then theirs the issue of being in a group with a HL DPS and overwriting their DoT.

I like the change to make Light Blast a defense debuff but the animation is too long and their is a 1 second delay between when damage come's off the enemy. By the time damage would start I'm usually moving on to boxing. I've switched to WT for trash adds and only use LB for boss encounters that have a chance to one shot me.

The power return mechanics are the same for all the controller powers but the way our PI works seem's modeled after Rage's PI set up. My big issue with this is that Tanks and Controllers have different needs in their loadout. Ours should model the other sets and we should have other powers that lead into combo's that can apply the PI from the power tray.

Give the OP a thumbs up if you agree with the post. Thank you for your post. ;)