Rage tank miniguide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Deathmike, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Deathmike Devoted Player

How about putting Bloodlust instead of Infuriate?
    It's really cheap powerwise, it clips and has a 12 second cooldown. Basically it's an extra health buff permanently on.
    And it keeps dps happy on top of that.

Deathmike out.
  2. Deathmike Devoted Player

I tested this again. Seems it's closer to 5 seconds. I'll update.

Deathmike out.
  3. Deathmike Devoted Player

I use both bloodlust and remorseless and keep them always up.
    Ferocity won't contribute that much to your damage/self-heals since the buff has a low duration and the power has a pretty long cooldown (~20 seconds). Casting ferocity each cooldown would keep the precision buff up only 25% of the time.
    It's still a nice buff and the breakout and group immunity make it an overall good ability.

Deathmike out.
  4. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Can you cancel the Rage Crash at anytime with Eviscerating Chain or do you have to time it at the end of the 8 seconds?

Tanks
  5. Grid Ion Committed Player

Bookmarked this. Quite informative !
  6. Deathmike Devoted Player

The rage crash needs to catch you in the animation to be canceled.
    You want to start the cast sooner, if you cast it at exactly the 8 second mark you will most likely take the crash.
    Without comboing you should be safe casting somewhere around the 7 seconds mark.
    If you combo you can start the cast even sooner.

I am unsure if/how eating a block with a combo (and getting knocked back) affects the canceling window.

Deathmike out.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Wow, a Deathmike guide! Now we can all try and be like Mike! ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Do the Crash Dampeners Stack?
  9. Deathmike Devoted Player

No.
    It can still be useful to have two and alternate between them; if you run only one and use rage mode every cooldown you might have issues with timing since SP/RE have a 10 second cooldown and most of the dampeners have a 12 second cooldown.

Deathmike out.
  10. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

thank you for the timely responses
  11. Starstatic New Player

I've been standing in a gailing eruption plus timing violence till right before the crash and it's been seeming to stack together for a full on crash negation. I'll have to test this again tomorrow, as I have to go to bed now, but i'll check back.
  12. Im Charlie New Player

full crash mitigation? i would have thought they don't stack or at least mitigate half damage each power leading to 75% mitigation. what were u running?
  13. Deathmike Devoted Player

I haven't encountered any cases of dampeners stacking.
    I've done a number of tests with all of them.
    Most seem to work as you would expect them to except Lacerate which has a larger window than it's animation and Galling Eruption which seems to be totally borked at the moment.

Deathmike out.
  14. Nemisor Committed Player

not sure where all this rubish about mitigators stacking came from, but ive never seen it.

as an extra to E chain: when you use it to cancel rage and the target is blocking you can face away from them for the second part of the combo and not be knocked down.

what issues are you having with GE?

nice guide btw Deathmike.
  15. Deathmike Devoted Player

Galling doesn't seem to work at all.
    Done multiple tests, casting it at different times and standing in the center of the plasma.
    I always keep the combat log up and I also record when I'm testing something so that I can review the video.

Another issue that GE seems to have (which is much less important for a tank) is that the precision version seems to split damage after 1 target instead of 2 like the might version does.

Deathmike out.
  16. Cadens Dedicated Player

You should put up a picture of a pie chart showing the window of when you can cancel the rage :) The part of the pie missing would be the window :p
  17. danielqpk New Player

I always hit mine at 7ish o'clock (On the cooldown) or if i am feeling lucky i push it a bit more lol
  18. Deathmike Devoted Player

It's on my To Do List.
    That doesn't really mean much though since my To Do List is as long as a novel, lol.

Deathmike out.
  19. Cadens Dedicated Player

Which cancel are you using?
  20. danielqpk New Player

Eviscerating Chain.
    Hit severe punishment and wait till the cooldown hits hit armpit or so & then cancel.
    (Usually just listen to the heartbeat. But sometimes sound bugs out and i have to look at cooldown.)