PvP Debuff Serums and PVP Debuff Grenades - Investigated

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macbloo New Player

can i please become a QA, i am the leagal age to work in my country. i will work for free. im 16 years old and live in australia. i have school m-f 9-3 but i could test the game overhere in my spare time, if you are interested in me, please look at my last post in the support forum.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

would your opinion differ if they were used more frequently?
  3. YoloKytten New Player

[IMG]
    Really!? Spytle? You went there!? ... Come on man. I expect better from you! Everyone knows the debuff and controller mechanic is bizarrely overpowered due to the time it take to learn to counter them. Its as overpowered trees in Planetside. Sure more players kill players in PS2 than trees; however trees are often the major thing that new player die from and thus a primary factor in discourage new players into this game. I want a DCOU where pvp combat is even fun for level 25 or lower not just for tournament players.

[IMG]
    People believe in Bigfoots, not because they are real, but because they are chasting an impossible dream!! A dream of fun PVP combat with super heros. You don't tell people there is no bigfoot, you redirect there energy!!!!

I can think of one major thing:
    [IMG]
    I think it was unfair to both people I am fighting with and the people I am fighting against.
  4. YoloKytten New Player

Ok here is literally an example of what I mean.

[IMG]

This is literally a text book example of a problem with pvp matchmaking algorithm. Textbook because it involves the basics of search itself and using categories to make searching more specfic.

Matchmaking is literally the game process in the game where the game searches for other appropriate people to group you with either as allies or enemies. The problem is there seems to be no effective limits or bounds on who the algorithm groups u up with. Basically matchmaking throw you in a group with anyone it can find, without even looking to see if its appropriate.

My suggestions is if there limits bounds, then matchmaking should have limits on which players get matched together. If there are limits, then as this picture shows there is a very serious bug.
    [IMG]
    So, when I suggest making pvp matchmaking in the game more fair, I literally mean just that.
    Also CakeLoli wanted me to tell you guys that "I agree this is a problem." since apparently he need to still make an account on the forums. Your team cannot really help you from getting oneshoted or twoshoted if they are more than 20 levels lower than you
  5. thenewkidd New Player

I have personally used these items..
    And have to tell you.. they are pretty underwhelming at the cost to make them... 1 of each color BYTES plus other mats....
    They really didn't help as much as I had hoped.

On that note.. Because I have used them.. I recognize the animation being used when they are used against me...
    and most of the time when I see them used is when they are losing the match and want an extra item to use on me that doesn't consume power... (they usually STILL lose the match).

Of course I have had people use them and have one.. but they were quite good at reading my moves and had a counter lined up for what I did... it is very likely they were going to win whether they used their pricey item or not.

Maybe used in the right hands a normally "balanced match" to gain an edge using those would help gain just an advantage for a win... but most of the time... those items are just "meh" to me and really don't help me and would MUCH rather bake a different consumable that stuns for example than a high costing mediocre less than extraordinary debuff item or buff item.
    • Like x 1
  6. juggernautxtr New Player

tanks have become USELESS, i am fire tank, DEBUFF (cleanse)powers DON"T work, CONTROL resistance powers don't work. i can literally spam the living crap out of these and i end up 1- 2 shotted every single time i pvp. 8000 health.
    ever since the reset on pvp last year tanks have been getting ripped to peices, because the dps were whining the tanks are over powered the problem is when the debuffs are present in the pvp arenas they are spammed to holy hell and the tank powers become totally useless one 2-3 people have hit the debuffs.
    I absolutely hate pvp cause my powers don't do as supposedly supposed to do.
    10% more control resistance, yeah right against what three troll all hitting the same button?
    debuff breaker(cleanse) yeah what against 2-3 people slamming the same damn button.
    statistcs are proven failure along with percentages when you are't looking at every single match.

i would say more than 50% of the pvp matches i enter the debuffs are rampant. trollers and healers slamming the debuffs along with dps throwing debuff grenades. a tank has no chance against this.
  7. Marbou New Player

I'd just like to point out, that someone who has popped a bunch of buffs/debuffs in one match does not necessarily do it in every match. They could save up for a week and then use them when teammates come online to ensure a win, or play PvE mostly then play PvP once in a while when they've farmed enough exos.

Not saying that's happening, but it's a possibility people seem to ignore, as if everyone who uses items purchased them.

I saw snowballs being thrown around before they were available. Meaning they were saved, for a year.

If you can do that with snowballs for a year, you can do it with items for a week or two.

But yeah, items in PvP is dumb either way. It ruins every PvP game aside from pure FPS games.

The purpose of PvP is for Players, not Items, or Pets to compete.

Don't really care about who has how much when no one should have any. PvP items is a sign of a broken game. Simple as that.
  8. aganusn New Player

I could mass produce these if I wanted to, but I haven't because I rarely use them. I've played for a year and a half and have made less than 10 stacks, with 4 of those stacks being recently when I ran into a cheap player spamming shields. This was in a 1v1 we repeatedly kept queing into. So I made the debuff grenades to show him a lesson lol.

I don't use them for premades and competitive PVP, I use other consumables, though.
  9. NapalmBlades New Player

Fire Tanks are broken and need to be fixed... It is ridiculous that we get perma debuffed in matches... our powers literally do nothing when debuffed (no heals no nothing) and we become punching bags for every class... whats the point of having a tank class for fire when you guys nerffed the heck out of it and made it completely useless for pvp... isnt it only supposed to take away a certain% of our buffs and not ALL of it? Should still be able to get some % of our heals but no... we get nothing,nada,zip,zilch... FIX THIS PLEASE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.