Potential Future Change? Art Swapping vs. 4 Art Slots

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Henoshock, May 19, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

These are all recent posts. I'm talking way back when. It's fine. The original posts may have been removed. It doesn't matter if I can prove it or not, but I was one who asked back then. I did find a post from when it was increased to 160.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...0-artifact-on-test.296848/page-6#post-4142263

In any case, I have no proof. I have nothing to say that it was always intended to be capped at 200, but I know what was said back then.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok so you're talking about way way before any of us knew about milestones 180 and 200, they talked about adding more ranks in the future and they did just that. They just weren't transparent enough in their response to you that would inform us that they had an end goal already in mind? Does that sound about right?
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Yes and no. When I asked, it was about the item levels and so on. They said they were always intended to "grow with us" (hence my post I linked stating that.) and that's because of the lateral progression it was going to give. I think they probably realized that if they kept increasing them, they would be way too much for the game and players. I think capping it at 200 is perfect, but it was originally going to be part of our progression.
    • Like x 1
  4. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Sneacky Surprise;)

Artifact swapping, meeh. I see 2001 solutions to fix this:)
    Some artifacts could be combat lock, while others could be switchable as trinkets in a previous defined sequence. 1->3->1->2
    4th Slot and everthing is locked.
    Move artifacts to a new tab, and maybe account wide;9
    Artifacts can be switched in combat, but have a cooldown before activation.
    Everytime you open your inventory in combat, a magical goat appears and rams the hell out of you;)
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

4 pages in a day... jeez-louise

4th slot: ugh, don't like the idea for dps, like it less for roles. If it's passives only, then why not just add two origin aug slots instead? Do we even need extra passives to begin with?

Art-swapping in general, is a pandora's box of problems. If we get rid of that, do we get rid of belt swaps? do we get rid of weapon swaps? It sets a terrible precedent removing it but locking the arts to our inventory still.

I mentioned previously an allies-esque tab for artifacts. Which IMO, is the easiest way to remove swapping and not have our inventory hindered by arts we aren't using. But, thats the bigger problem, we have all these arts like DKS & Philosophers stone that will be never ever used again. The feeling of time & money wasted will no doubt be a detriment to the games' population, particularly endgame players.
    Artifacts with mass appeal (like strat, trans, lernea's amulet & solar) haven't launched in a long time, which I get is down to some critical staff departures, but even still, if the arts I mentioned (DKS & PS) became redundant tomorrow, I have nothing I wanna level up, I've zero incentive to put any money forward to replace said arts and try out some new builds.
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

That's what I said two pages ago, but I think it was mostly ignored. Those "swap material" artifacts need to have something going on them for them to be on pair with the artifacts people don't swap out. They need to have some sort of constant effect like Dead King's Sceptre's orbital assistance, which if it was buffed, it could merit the artifact to become permanently slotted in and stop being swapped out.

I'm totally in favour of artifact tac swapping being removed/made clunky in some way, but I believe those artifacts the swappers use so much in their exploits need some rebalancing, regardless if it happens or not, so that the arts either have incentive to not be swapped out or don't fall into obscurity.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I think the swap artifacts that players have would need to be rebalanced. As it is, the only reason players are leveling them is to swap them out. They are not worthy of a player's permanent slot, just the one they can right click on.

I also mentioned something similar. Make it like Augments or Allies, where they can be swapped still, but it gives a bit more pause when done. I know with Augments, I've gone into my menu to swap them between DLCs. I've not done that with Allies, short of the bug that was introduced last DLC's launch, where you had to reimprint your allies.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There isn't a need additional pause if it worked like Allies. The Allies activation slot has a set cool down that would prevent overlap. I'd guess there is SOME benefit to swapping the support ones on the fly, but I'd guess the main 'swap' for allies would be the offense one, and that's handled already by the cool down. You can't launch BWL, then swap and immediately launch Nubia or whatever. Look at soders. I drink a Nitro, then pop in an Omega, I can't drink the Omega for 45 seconds or whatever the cool down is. Probably easier said than done to code it...but it would resolve the issue.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I was thinking more the passives, like you know, swap between hear my call and the ally reduction of king aqua and also the swap between BWL's passives. Where you get the coin flip buff, swap to finisher, get that activated, then swap back. It takes a moment to do it. It can be done, but not really worth it for a fast paced scenario. And if you are able to do it w/o using a cheat somehow, more power to you, but a lot less people would still have to pause to do it.

But I think putting a new tab, like Augments, would be better than a whole new UI section like Allies. Since it works closer to Augments than Allies, which have active and 2 passive options.
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Once again, I still think that the simple tweak to just not let the passives remain after the removal of the artifact would be the most simple fix. Like how Quislet and Grim disappear immediately upon removal. No need for cool down timers, and no need for a whole new UI.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That sort of helps but definitely wouldn’t do much for a lot of them. EoG, generally you keep in while the circle is going because you don’t want to stop a rotation till it expires. So if you’re swapping grim to EoG, no biggie if the passives expire with removal. Rat arti/ philo/ dks, pretty much the same. Just leave them in while they do their thing then swap. This change would really only affect trolls and their swaps. Even healers swapping EoG out would just wait till the green is gone vs swapping while the green is going.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well, still seems a lot less sweaty and more practical. Makes it seem more like regular tac swapping. This seems like a good fix for the passive stacking issue, in which is becoming the problem. Would be a good place to start.
  13. Vonsharpington Level 30

I find it hard to believe that art swapping was intended in the first place, I think it's stupid that as a Troll I spend most of my time in the inventory screen. And the fact that some players think that it's mandatory is pretty lame to me. However, I understand that if I want to play with a certain caliber of players I have to suck it up and Art Swap like the brain-dead board chasing scrub that I know I am... That being said; I hate art swapping and I wish it was gone. I say drop Art swapping, remove the clamp, and give players the OPTION to run AMs again. On a side note I would also to see OP gear receive 2 sockets that correspond with the players activated role. Tired of making two. :cool:
    • Like x 2