Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeelsGood New Player

we transform in and out on PS3, but because of lag it doesn't appear that way.
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

The thing is, they could address the polymorphs without removing them. You get hit with an ability and your loadout goes blank. You breakout and get your loadout back. You don't need the transformation. Sure, it's cute. But it's also merely aesthetic and the source of the delay. You could do something similar to the new Ice Armor. For the dog, you just add puppy ears to the player's character model. For the Ghost, you just have 3 Mr Boos swirl around your head as if you were bonked in a cartoon. I'm partially kidding.
  3. Spidersting Committed Player

I am not sure it is so much the animations then it is the UI changing that is causing the lag. I know before i got my new PC i was having lag issue while opening my inventory and on duty menus basicly anytime the UI changed i had slight lag. I even had one of the PC players comment when i did a new video on my new PC about how smooth it was when i was opening my inventory during combat.

I have a question for the PS3 players, when you open menus/inventory do you have a slight delay when it opens? I really think it is more a UI changing issue then it is an animation issue. Even though the loadout is a small change on the UI when shape changes happen it could still be something lagging you.
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

a slight delay would be 2 kind of a description, heres how it works on the ps3

say you just beat 1st room of Veng, you exit out and run off the the marker, by the time you get to the marker it takes about another 3 minutes for the world to finish loading before I can even go to group to phase.

open bag in combat? please thats a death sentence.
    • Like x 3
  5. Master Manipulator New Player

[quote="xDecap, post: 43965, member: 3869" people are only sorcery and mental because they wish to create this helplessness in arenas... other wise they would be gadgets (photon) or nature/electric (transcendence blows)... almost every team now has a mental and sorcery[/quote]

That's BS I've been mental since day 1... Not everyone is a FOTM player
  6. Spidersting Committed Player

That is what i suspected. I really think it is a UI issue then an actual animation issue. I don't know if they can do anything to help that but just trying to shed some light on the subject. But it could very well be a combination of both.
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this is a fine change for PVP but I still want to be able to turn adds into ghost in PVE if they can do both that would be great just have it affect players diffrently
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

I agree that the CC effect of ghosting in PvE is worth salvaging. It is fantastic when fighting the swarmers in the Gates first boss fight. NPCs don't break out, which means they're not one-shotting your healers. But I would be cool if the effect is maintained even if that means the aesthetics are changed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

this would be the best fix just IMO
  10. Redhot Well-Known Player

I've never had any problems with people doing this But I don't play on the ps3 It sounds like they need to address the lagg on the ps3 more so then anything else.. I truly don't understand some of you guys why play the game on the ps3 when its clearly not fun to lagg out and get 2 hour load screens also the terror Pi stacking dose still cause you to not be able to move sometimes so that is something the coders need to work on for sure
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I prefer to play from my comfy lazyboy/couch and huge TV also prefer the controller (yes i know xbox)
    i think a lot of people just don't want to leave their league or make a new toon
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm picturing one guy hunched over a desk with headphones on and me sprawled out on my couch with with my 75" LED and 7.1 surround sound. Even if you can hook up a PC to an entertainment system like that, the OS and software is simply not designed with the couch user experience in mind. User interfaces are always awkward. Resolutions are always awkward. Input interfaces are always awkward.
  13. Spidersting Committed Player

So i was trying to find some examples from my videos showing the difference between my 2 comps and showing the lag difference with the UI. It was hard to find some stuff since i did so much editing but you can get a general idea from these 2 vids.

First up I did this video October 2011. Shape changing i didn't have to many issues with but major UI changes you see the hesitation. I would suspect it would be worse on PS3 since this old comp was still better then a PS3 in terms of hardware. Check out around 8min mark in this video where I die. You see the game hesitate when the UI changes to the countdown timer and the respawn map.

Now check out this video, this was done july 2012 on my new computer i had just built earlier in the month at about the 2min mark I open my inventory watch how smooth and flawless it is no lag, also the shape changes and other inventory openings. I even get ghosted in the last match with no lag.

Not the best examples but you get the idea. Also might want to mute sound if you are at work or have kids around. Song choices are probably not the most kid or work friendly.
  14. Purple Ace New Player

1. Screen blocking was our fault? If all we were doing was screen blocking we wouldn't have been blowing people out. So there is that one.

2. The reason we were destroying people during the time you are talking about was because we ran double dps and people kept getting upset. In fact everyone tried to switch to it and couldn't pull it off. In fact Martiis was running lasso and not vengeance for the most part. People used the double sorcery as an excuse but even when we just had one sorcery in the group the result was always the same. Go check the videos. So there is that one.

3. We had ONE mental in One Pieced during that time, Jester Hood. And he didn't use ghost. Used pyro, loved it.

4. Pyro wouldn't be on your dps loadout for pvp?!?!?! AND YOU WROTE THE MENTAL GUIDE?!?!!?! LOLOLOL
  15. ARI ATARI New Player

well yes, i know we ave transformation lag

the point im trying to lead towards is that dogging and ghosting only exist because of lag.

if they would fix that lag.... pvp would be alot more fun.
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

I'd rather just have a new set of effects, like chains shackling the player or something like that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Spidersting Committed Player

I really don't think the animations are what are causeing the lag. I think it really has to do with the UI changing so quick. I would just hate to see the animations get changed and no relief from lag happen.
    • Like x 1
  18. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, you could be right. I happen to think it's a confluence of things. For example, Flash Trinket and Ice Armor experienced serious transformational lag and the loadouts/UI for those don't change at all.

The PS3 simply cannot handle this game as it's currently designed. Whatever can be done to mitigate those problems, whether it's a graphical change, removing the transformation, greying out the UI display as opposed to changing it completely, and whatever else all need to be considered.
  19. Pew New Player

One of the major problems with dogging and ghosting is the ways where you can do it "around the immunity system". As an example, dogging with wrath and vengeance is pretty balanced, but using a certain undocumented combination of skills that everyone in pvp uses but noone talks about lets you dog constantly disregarding immunities. That on top of lag and multiple people doing it can get pretty frustrating.
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

^ Report it

I know about it but I don't know how to do it, and yes most people dogging are not even using vengance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.