Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlayingDaimon New Player

Unfortunately it seems like we went from a harsh bug report to a witch hunt. I want the transformation lag issues with all power it effects to be fixed but I don't want polymorphing to be destroyed. The argument that self imposed transformations deserve to have the issues because the caster wants to use an ability vs being forcibly transformed should have no drawback because the victim doesn't want it is where I differ from SP on this.Still support it but not out of QQ but because it would be awesome if I could use transformations without such a huge disadvantage.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mista E New Player

the only thing in this thread you posted that is true and a good idea.

:D
  3. Mista E New Player

ghosting.dogging is a bigger issue than switching to bug form or gorilla, or any other voluntary transformation.

you could choose not to use bug form or gorilla, you can not choose to get ghosted or not.
  4. SlayingDaimon New Player

In my eyes, it's the exact same issue. This is only possible due to transformation lag. A player chooses to transform either themselves or others, the transformed player is practically helpless for a period of time, then when switching back the same issues apply.

It doesn't matter if the transformation is voluntary or not. Look at the support this is getting just because people hate being forcibly transformed. The exact same issue happens with other abilities which is why multiple moves, especially stealth based moves, are not used. It causes an unnecessary restriction to play style and makes the transformation process a punishable act.

This is a big issue and it does suck, but I would rather they fix both problems or leave them as is. I don't like the fact that people are trying to eliminate/fix the aggressive aspects and retain the "beneficial" aspects in its broken state. Not trying to argue but that's a distinction I choose not to make and a restriction I would like to see lifted.
    • Like x 4
  5. Mystereo New Player

The point of the polymorph-others powers is to put your foes into a form for a period of time that they cant hurt you or help their teammates. Example: The first open-world boss in vengence turns his foes into ghosts. Mental has the same power, and the power should not be able to be instantly broken out of. It should keep you in that state for a period of time, and if lag accomplishes this end, it is what I want to do when I use that power. Same for any other polymorph-others power...if i use the power and you fail your save roll, you become affected by my polymorph-others spell (dog form for you). This type of wizard/sorcery power has been around since before the OP was born...and you get stuck in the form for a period of time, not a quick tap of the button and you are normal ( see Prince Charming and his Frog form).

Death of pvp...i think someone is on the hyperbole train...choo choo...railroad s'more changes qq-patriot
    • Like x 1
  6. Mista E New Player

I hear you, I would love to have the transformations work like they do in pc because I am nature myself and I like the shape shifting tree but I don't use it how I would like to because of the lag associated with it, but lets be real. It is very unlikely that the lag will ever get fixed, because this same transformation lag we have is elsewhere in the game. Our UI is laggy, the digital keyboard is laggy, our inventory, on duty menu, chat tabs ect. is all laggy. And imo it all stems from the same issue... the ps3 and servers not able to process it fast enough.

So that is why I say doggin/ghosting is more of an issue because it is a forced transformation that effects the outcome in pvp WAY to much and the best way to fix this on the ps3 (if they cant take the lag away) is to remove it and give it a different cc effect. As for the voluntary transformations, I would love to see it fixed but I have no idea how they will accomplish that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Spidersting Committed Player

If they want to put a required time to being in a CC effect they could do that but if this is a lag issue then it is not right. Hardware is a major issue with this problem and if no other power takes this much toll on your system then maybe it needs to be changed because the PS3 can't be upgraded to fix the lag issue. I posted 2 videos a page or 2 back the second video shows how the power works without lag but the computer it was recorded on is WAY over the requirements to run the game and can run it on highest settings with while recording and still get a solid 60FPS. That video shows how game play is supposed to be and I suspect the lower spec computers and the PS3 would still have issues with transforms even with all the gfx turned down to the minimum.

Justifying how you want a power to work due to lag is terrible.
    • Like x 2
  8. skabs New Player

With all due respect this is a thread dealing with the PS3 transformation lag and not one about who started abusing it's use. If your going to start calling out people on abusing it, at least get your facts straight. I can't speak for the other leagues but the very first time Banished used cc effects was in our match against you in wk 7 and we were not running mental. We did run 3 sorcery when we normally run 2 (without using cc effects).

We have always had the utmost respect for Revamp and the rest of REP going back to our days of TKJ. So I have to ask, are you trying to make a point by insulting other leagues or is that just the Meta Justice way?

Cheers
  9. FeelsGood New Player

whenever the OP changes the title i will upvote
  10. SlayingDaimon New Player

You can only edit in Oracles Database. All other sections have a 30 minute edit window unfortunately.
  11. Mista E New Player

if you don't like the lable... why do you abuse the mechanic? Don't be offended by the truth.

You can't have the frank without the beans... its a package deal buddy

I simply used sub par leagues as an example, because you guys exploited this mechanic first..and still lost but caused your matches to be closer than they normaly would be. And then better leagues started exploiting it too and now we are able to see much more clear of the advantage these powers give simply because of the lag associated with it.
  12. SlayingDaimon New Player

Back on topic please. Also, I'm going to cut out of this conversation as I've expressed my viewpoints and thoughts on an acceptable alternative for how it works. If I find anything else relevant I'll post it here.
  13. The Ultimate Warrior Well-Known Player

No ghosts or dogs can ever be the death of PVP for The Ultimate Warrior! I live for struggle! I live for conflict! Only PVP can sate the thirst for battle that is the dry mouth of The Ultimate Warrior!
    • Like x 1
  14. Femto Well-Known Player

First off I'll take back some of what I said since you made it a point to clear things up and I have nothing but repec for your league but

Secondly you went and twisted what I said , I said I wouldn't use Horrific Visage in Dps stance , never said anything about not using pyro while dpsing , you'd have to be an idiot not to use pyro while dpsing , I was saying HV is better for trolling IMO compared to pyro as a healer debuff especially when you take into consideration the whole mixing and matching of debuffs and the high power usage pyro has .

Lets say I use Pyro as my healer debuff and Thought Bubble as my defense debuff , great for single target focus and damage but then it's like I'm giving everyone else free reign to do whatever they want aside from the person I'm focusing -- fail -

Now lets say again I'm using Pyro as my healer debuff and Phantom Flames as my defense debuff , a little mix of both but then your gonna have power overwriting issues if you cast them in the wrong order - I just personal wouldn't use this combo because of it

it really doesn't leave much options open not to use HV while trolling especially if we end up run into you guys lets say using you your double dps setup, a good group control is the only way to even slow the onslaught down

now calling a nerf or a total do away of horrific visage and polymorphing which are be staples of mental and sorcery powersets is uncalled for .... they really just need to give a pure Resistance either by getting out of them using a CC trinket or immunity power or not fully hiding the UI when polymorphed which prolly is a main factor with the lag latency
    • Like x 3
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Lol a lot of leagues copied sobad formula, and dogging ppl is only good because of lag fyi
  16. Predicament Well-Known Player

I have run 5s on ps3 and have given up on ps3 completely because of its inability to handle this game, it's a great strategy and is not a problem at all on PC, almost all the problems on ps3 are nonexistent on PC, everyone knows that eventually ps3 won't be able to handle anything anymore and ps3 is holding back the potential of this game being able to do more, not hating on ps3 players just the systems ability to handle this game, I love the ps3 pvp community, but this game should just be played on PC, you'll understand the greatness of this game once you get rid of all the pesky problems that have been here since launch on ps3 that's nonexistent on PC
  17. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

let me port my char over to pc and i might consider it
    • Like x 2
  18. Mystereo New Player

I wouldnt bother to play this game on the PC, as I can think of a dozen mmos to play on PC. PC players have to worry about hardware, internet connection, and software issues on all games. On this game you can add lack of population. At least, PS3 players have the same hardware and software and that for me makes a more even playing field, but definitely not perfect.

I stated my take on polymorph-others powers and I dont care how they work on PC. On PS3, they cause your foes considerable duress, as they should in my opinion. Lag or no lag, once polymorphed you should stay polymorphed for a period of time, not a blink of an eye.

You say in the first sentence if the devs want to put in the time they could make it a CC effect. Well thats the way it works on PS3 right now, and the devs dont have to put ANY time into it.

Telling people how to make a point is terrible, just stick to the discussion kid
    • Like x 1
  19. Predicament Well-Known Player

That was my biggest disinterest in PC having to regrind the Skill Points, I left my 150 SP toon on PS3 and in 3 months on PC have 130SP already, I don't play long hours because I'm still in school and have work, after spending 2 years on this game, you just know what to do and it is just faster and easier to get skill points now compared to back then, I'm sure you know what you're doing so I would encourage you to make the switch now before they make ps3 obsolete, you know it will eventually be.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What you're describing appears to be an intended mechanic, anyway. If you have the golden soul aura, the next two hits will transform the target into a dog if they have bad karma. Weapon of Destiny will apply bad karma by itself, so it’s possible for it to apply it and then turn you into a dog on the 2nd hit if you have the golden soul aura up.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.