Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pew New Player

Yeah it's kinda headshake time when your puny white flashing immunity saves you from all stun.encase, knockdown, etc, but the mighty dog of lag only cares about blue immunity at most.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please PM me the details.
  3. Spidersting Committed Player

Yea then it could be a combination of both UI and Graphical changes that is causing lag on the PS3. I know that i had these issues on PC side with UI changes and never really had issues with lag on form changes. I think it could be that the PS3 has bottleneck issues on the CPU and is what is causing the problem. Maybe they could give an option to just turn off all shape change graphics in our options menu. But that would only probably solve half the problem, the other half is the UI changing too quick for the CPU to handle as well.
  4. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

What?!? Sorcery healers were everywhere in PVP before Tuff Turf.
  5. recespieces31 New Player

I don't know about you, but I have been CC'ed/Dogged/Ghosted when I have had White and/or Blue immunity plenty of times
    • Like x 2
  6. 478874 Dedicated Player

Has been in the game since launch, not sure if it's intended or not or whether it's a slight discrepancy in the coding that allows this to happen. Either ways, it's been part of the game since launch and frankly I'm surprised more people haven't figured it out.
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

Haha, now you are interested? Man, part of me wants this fixed (even being sorcery player since launch and knowing the intricacies of how to do this) and part of me is appalled that the only interest you take in PvP is this sort of thing, even though we plea with you guys all the time and most of our suggestions fall on deaf ears.

There are plenty more things wrong with PvP arenas besides this, yet this gets attention. I dunno, doesn't feel right to me.
  8. Cadens Dedicated Player

He exaggerates the word "constantly". You cant constantly make someone a dog. The issue is weapon of destiny (documented) transforms someone into a dog. After they break out, you can apply vengeance again, and they sometimes go back into being a dog. Far more difficult to get to stick on controllers and tanks.

There should be an immunity after making them a puppy, so vengeance cant apply it again.

Keep in mind, this is the only thing that puts sorcery above other healing classes in PVP. It can do moderate crowd control on a single target, to keep them inactive for a short period of time. If removed, there is literally no reason to go sorcery. They severely lack burst healing since sac offering is delayed far too long, and they only have 1 single target heal viable in PVP. The circle ticks for very low numbers and adds no burst whatsoever. Shared fate is marginal at best, and dwarfed by CP and galvanize.
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Not even close. Stick to nature.
  10. Aqua New Player

What 47 said, I've seen people dog others so much (all roles) that people thought they were getting hit with the polymorph SC. Couldn't tell you how it's exactly done though.

And polymorph going away isn't gonna break sorcery, the watcher is why sorcery is popular, dogging is just the icing on the cake.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pew New Player

Yeah and thats where i see the core problem. It is far to easy to get a 100% transformation chance on these skills disregarding any defensive measures along the way. I think it is obvious by looking at sorceries 25%SC polymorph to see at what frequency this disable was meant to happen by the game designers. Sorcery and Mental both have means to transform every single cooldown of a simple power (and in mentals case AoE ghosting if done 'correctly'). The lag is only making it blatantly obvious that something is up.
  12. Mista E New Player

this bull blaming OP for this is pathetic,

Op was not the first league to run or abuse that set up.

They ran doubble dps with dogging and photon, and no one else was able to copy that.

But leagues like HHI, Banished Shadows, Get Good, and a few others, ran sorc and mental... they still got destroyed in arenas and lose agaisnt the better leagues, but the matches were close like 50-0 or 100-0 because of the constant CC effects. And slowly people started switching, Starting with Ace 1 from SOL, then people saw how effective that set up is when a good team has it.

And now almost all of the top leagues run that set up, so they can compete.

So blaming OP for this trend is bull, the noob leagues ran it, then the good leagues abused it.
    • Like x 2
  13. 478874 Dedicated Player

Mental, as a powerset as a whole, has some serious issues right now, as far as ghosting or locking people up so they cannot take or receive damage.
  14. Pew New Player

Same on the EU. This was used in small doses and hush hush since launch, but as soon as it got figured out publicly more and more of the full blown 2sorc/1mental abuse started to become regular.
  15. Pew New Player

Pretty sure its encase while rooted btw.
  16. FeelsGood New Player

some of this is a bit exaggerated while some content here is true
    • Like x 2
  17. Mista E New Player

most of the content here is true.
  18. 478874 Dedicated Player

I haven't read anything exaggerated on here. The only thing I haven't seen mentioned is that trolls can strip the sorcery players with the ability to polymorph by hitting them with debuffing powers during the cycle to hit multiple polymorphs.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you can hook up a PC to your entertainment center I have a PC on my to watch movies and tv downloads I highly recomend makes cable obsolete just download everything you want to watch saves a ton of money and lets you get a faster internet package with money saved
    just make sure the computer has a good video card with HDMI fixes the frame rate issues
    • Like x 1
  20. Mista E New Player

the only things that are exaggerated and false are the people saying that you can get immunity from ghosting/dogging. and the poeople who support its usage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.