Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. TheDrone Well-Known Player

There are many reasons people can't get difficult feats that has nothing to do with "sucking".

They live in an area where the best internet available to them isn't sufficient to play DCUO without enough lag to make Elite content impossible. I'm pretty much in this position. And, "live someplace else" isn't a good response.

They have a disability.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The open worlds will be scaled, too. The intent will not be for you to solo group bounties or world bosses.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

WHO CAN SAY what the designers will do next. Probably no change. Those are usually reserved for core mechanic stuff that we don't want you to ever be able to completely ignore.
    • Like x 5
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hey! I appreciate your chiming in.

My greatest concern is that progression over a certain DLC will be fully halted at a certain point. I keep coming back to Clock Tower Elite-- a very tough raid, still, even by a group of 342s with high SPs and high arts. Will there be no way to keep pushing past a certain clamp threshold over time to deal with raids like this?
    • Like x 2
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Which "3 DLC" thing? That the three most recent DLC's won't be stat clamped? Or that we'll be stat clamped to within 3 DLCs? If the former, I thought that was specified clearly in the development update when it directly compared what is currently called CR relevant content and non CR relevant content to what will and won't be stat clamped.

If the latter, the speculation I've been seeing is two DLC's but that hasn't been based on nothing. For example, lets look at Wonderverse which, based on what I noted above, is going to be the most recent DLC to be stat clamped. I think everyone can agree that being only one DLC CR above content doesn't make a humongous difference. A lot of groups filled with 342 CR's and 160-200 artifacts are still struggling mightily with COUe and a lot of players/groups/leagues who could run COUe quite smoothly at 331 still can't get the speed feat at 342, so clearly there isn't a huge difference. On the other end, Wonderverse can't be clamped to 3 DLC's or higher because that will just be our current CR post ep.41 launch. So that leaves...two DLC's or Flashpoint CR. Or am I missing something?

Having said all that, in the absence of details, it is still technically speculation. But it's not pulled out of the thin air in our imaginations either. There is some logic in there too! lol
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Fair enough. Like I said, I was just curious.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mertal Defer Level 30

Rarely ive seen us agree this is one of those times we do. I have in 10 years never seen a group saying only join if you have 200 arts.. Skill Points is progression play any other mmo and they have progression I swear dc has some of the most entitled players I have seen where they feel they deserve to do and beat everything with no effort.
    • Like x 2
  8. Brit Loyal Player

My concern with Stat Clamping is pretty much the same as what I've said all along.

Content that I have been running for 10 years is not stuff that I still find particularly fun or interesting. If I still have to farm some piece of old content for some random drop that they still haven't put on Vendor 22, then I strongly prefer for the 300th run of that place to go substantially faster than it was the first time. I like to be able to obliterate it, because it's no longer interesting and I don't want to spend an hour there.

If stat clamping reduces me into the top end of relevency, then I'll just end up not running that content, because it's not worth it if I have to run it in slow motion, while also dealing with wipes caused when random PUGs won't listen to or follow mechanics, and the higher level of us are unable to simple brute-force through it despite them.

I'll wait and see what it actually looks like when introduced, but I suspect this is going to cause me to run significantly LESS old content, not more. Making it longer, slower, and more annoying was not the way to encourage players like me to run it more.
    • Like x 4
  9. Liko Well-Known Player

This:

Pretty much sums we won't even be able to solo bounties...so old content will be impossible to play. From what I've read this isn't going to go over well, but i'll wait to see it on test.
  10. IonHero Committed Player

Does that include the Original Gotham and Metropolis Open Worlds?
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Considering there’s stuff there spanning T1-5, that’s a good point. What’s gonna happen there?
    • Like x 1
  12. threvester New Player

This is sad to hear..often when I am waiting hours for an alert or raid queue to pop on the Switch, I will go beat the crap out of Hank Henshaw or Ultraman...now even that is gone...there really will be nothing left for a solo player to do..I really feel as if im being shut out of the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

now there is a distinct difference between world bosses and certain tiers of bounties.
    for a CR 341 character with full augments, not full artifacts, base trinkets, tactical mods, and generator mods..... in DPS role...

Titans go Metal bounties in Metal Gotham City are tough as nails (I can't solo them). Patchwork Themascira and 31st Century bounties are world bosses essentially (I can't solo them). These are still group content.

Doomed Metropolis bounties can be solo'd, and all other bounties.... am I forgetting any? Starro, I've not been able to solo, it takes to long alone.

Not to mention the only reason I do some of these at all is due to a Feat (KO them 100 times or something) or a collection only from them. I've got many completed. Still doing Doomsday in Doomed Metrop and Patchwork bounties. Chaos Gotham, haven't completed those feats per bounties and can't solo those. Atlantis, can't solo and dislike swimming (it's just slow flying, and I dislike it), I'm skipping those. Metal ManBat, can't solo and nobody is ever on that map. Metal Titans, I've only done once, nobody is on that map too.

No longer able to solo the bounties of old content... glad I don't have to do them, mostly. :oops:
  14. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Whoever said anything about living some place else? You threw every little excuse out there you could. And FYI slow internet isn’t a disability, Having Parkinson’s (like me) is. Yet SOMEHOW I made it to 600sp.
  15. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I have to say that less than ideal internet is a definite DISADVANTAGE in some cases..but NOT a disability.

Do I agree with the "you could try not sucking" mentality? Absolutely not. Attitudes like that can be the downfall of the game. We are trying to bring people in/keep people. I for one am all for that idea. If I encounter someone who offers constructive criticism..I appreciate it. We want people in support roles, but trash them when they may be learning or a bit rusty. I'm not going to waste my time or energy in a game that I cannot enjoy and things like that make it less likely that I'll play.

"Learn in events" is also an argument I've heard. Sometimes it's not a valid test because of the scaled content. There have been times when I do fantastic in whatever support role I'm performing in an event raid and/or alert only to go into regular and get blasted in the face. Should I run more instanced content? Probably. I know it's about mechanics, but the mechanics in event modes are far less threatening... as they should be. That's why I say event content is not the place to learn your role. Event modes are like training wheels (in my opinion). Ok..I've gone on enough now lol
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Learning in event mode is meh since it's designed to be beaten. Aka minimal (like 0) challenge. If someone really wants to learn, then old elite content or newer regular content, or till clamping comes out they can go to open world bounties to practice tanking or healing. Old elites are probably the best place since you will know when you did something wrong even if your cr330 in a cr200 level raid. Mechanics always matter in elites so really forces you to pay attention. Try to get as much in as you can before stat clamping goes live just in case blind ques for old elites dry up. Right now, most pop pretty quick
    • Like x 1
  17. AJPro Committed Player

I just hate stat clamping toward grindy garbage. I.e stuff taking a long time when new is fine. Like LPVE you do not die but takes forever.
    I do agree that being so OP that you beat content so quickly it glitches is bad but grindy needing a practiced group to complete is also obtuse. Who wants to run old stuff the same as when it was new? I know i do not. Hope they make it fast and easier just not so OP it is not even playable. So OP but nit god-can do stupid stuff mode
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

It' s DCUO FAULT.
    Using seasonals as an example
    Do you remember when the seasonal alerts needed at least some effort and had some mechanics?

Now don't get me wrong. When the seasonals say level 10 and above they should have had the groups paired together based on lvl 1-30 and over 30 from the get go. But its all easy mode now because of the complaints of how the alert was listed for level 10's.
    IMO
    DCUO needs to bring the difficulty back within the seasonals and have them set up like all the new DLC's are set up.
    Easy level
    Reg level
    And sometimes expert/elite (seasonals should have all three)
  19. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

These changes really are not for end game players. I'm sure DCUO has all the numbers on who runs what based on their levels.

Me personally, I hate grinding the same thing over and over. I would much rather play the whole game and not have some jerk running off and destroying everything or just skipping adds and go straight for the boss without any regards for the other 3/7 players in group.

Then we have all of the complaints like this.
    NOOBS suck and they don't know anything.
    The answer to that would be
    How do you expect the kiddos to learn anything if you continually wipe their backsides and do everything for them???

How did you learn to ride a bike, walk or swim?
    Did other people do it for you or did you learn by Doing it yourself with some help.
    I would suspect the latter.

After the upcoming changes and after some time. You see a huge difference in the players and how they react to difficult situations. One thing will be players not so easily tossing in the towel like we see now. The last time I was on. If there was a wipe snd Especially at low level. It was over no more trying, everyone would just quit. I dont know about you but to me that kind of mentality is cancerous and detrimental to the game as a whole.
  20. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Remember event mode only clamps up not clamps down.
    Event mode is the way it is because of over geared players wanting easy mode for easy marks. Remove the over geared players from the equation and event mode can teach players something.