Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I likely still hop on for seasonals if I think of it. But, I just turned off auto-renew on my sub. I'm done with following game news, investing time daily or grinding my toons for cr, sp or artifacts. I play solo and removing solo options kills the game for me. DCUO is not intended to be played the way I play it anyway. I really don't know why I started playing again.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im on the side of the fence with this guy
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's really the only way to get your point across. I quit for a year here, a couple years there. I came back because of lockdown but if I feel my progression is too trivialized and /or it's simply too much grind I'll probably bounce again.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The biggest complaint I usually see is that the game is very Alt-Unfriendly, so how are they removing Solo Options?
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youve been fear-mongering it about it all week, despite being assured your progression isnt being stifled.

7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice...you get 6 more people and you can get a raid together on that side of the fence! Kudos!

Oh and to your other pile of quotes...please vs posting the quotes talking about one-shotting the bosses, post a video with you doing it on something further out than say Hand of Fate raids....maybe WOL1. I was in a run of USE the other day with a group of 330+ toons and the only one shots I saw were the bombs and strafes. The US held up just fine for a while. Or how about one of you one-shotting Starro, Brine Hulk or some other OW boss other than a sub-avatar from BFE? I'll wait....
    • Like x 3
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Just like all the news surveys. Yours is flawed.
  9. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

What majority? The majority of the maybe ten people that you play DCUO with regularly. A whole 7-8 people out of how many that play the game.
    To be fairly honest
    The only answers you're going to get from the in-game player base right now is hearsay and nothing more because of the Chicken Little's screaming the sky is falling. That would also include your 7-8 in game friends.

If you know anything about people in general. You would know people do not like change. And, the only real way to gauge if the upcoming changes are successful is to give it time.

Also,
    Do you think Enad Global 7 would be foolish enough to not bring in their own test groups and or devs to run through the game and then take feedback from them afterwards?
    Have you looked at the advertising/marketing company that Enad has in its portfolio???
    Do you not think that they have had their own people look at DCUO as well?
    Do you seriously think these guys (Enad Global) dropped millions of dollars for the DCUO ip without do diligence?
    Come on man

Suggested viewing

Like it or not
    These changes are happening and I dont think there is any amount of belly aching that will stop it or roll it back. The new owners are going to do what they think is needed to grow DCUO and make DCUO more valuable. And, Considering the popularity of comics in the main stream media over the past decade. DCUO SHOULD BE A TOP FIVE MMO at the very least and following the same path of mediocrity that DCUO had been on in the past ten years just is not going to work.
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

With each DLC release it because easier and easier and quicker to kill old bosses, eventually unless they directly address the power creep (which stat clamp is reigning back for outdated content) eventually your current (currently) endgame boss will die in 3 power attacks or less, and every boss under that tier will go down even faster. Which is why i asked for the stat clamp, so many years ago. I knew it was only going to get worse with time if that issue was never addressed.

What happens if DCUO got to T12? Up to Tier 8 is now trivialized and players are spread too wide across all the content to find a group in a orderly time?
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Do you seriously think the dev team and Enad Global 7 (the new owners) do not have the numbers in thier hands when it comes to older players running older content?
  12. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

The "majority" of thinking in DCUO's community is within the minority of the entire "Gaming Community". Players want to actually play their games, not watch others play it for them. This is an overt and common belief of among ppl within gaming. New players are largely not communicating this because they aren't going to put up with an up hill battle against veterans that know the ins and outs of how to get what they want from the devs. "Veterans" that aren't for clamping have adapted long ago and likely don't want to deal with the headache those that are against stat clamping have brought and still continue to bring. New players will leave and play another game they can actually---play---from start to finish while old ones will continue doing what they have done before the dev discussion of stat clamping was reintroduced. By the way, this topic was more vibrant (vitriolic) six years ago when DCUO had substantially more active members on the forums (which even then was the minority of players). A time where playing from beginning to end was a normality without much face rolling (where face rolling was achieved only by a "handful" of "skilled" players or dev events).

Make no mistake about it, the "majority" (which used to be the vocal majority 6 yrs ago) will try to sabotage stat clamping. Even if new players are enjoying the game from the beginning to endgame---the "majority" won't care, reframe from participating in clamped content as much as they can tolerate and lie or embellish how stat clamping is failing or has failed within the forums (no matter the "truth"). The vocal majority of players threaten, extort (devs), lie and are generally aggressive in discussions when it comes to stat clamping implementations. Further, giving options to stat clamping is one way to make it fail since part of the point of it is to attract new players. It takes time to do this and the devs likely know those against stat clamping will do their due diligence for the predicted (devs probably have their timeline) amount of time that is needed to pass.

The developers likely understand they are not going to get reason and civility from most players that are against clamping (past experiences). They understand they are going to get bias perspectives that will take whatever advantage they can get to prevent stat clamping from happening. Look at the comments six years ago to present day. Those for stat clamping were normally non aggressive (non-deceitful) and comprehensive in their arguments while those for clamping were and still are (though are a bit more comprehensive than yesteryear since they don't have the numbers to rely on). Oh and the reason the devs haven't caved into the "majority" like they had 6 years ago is because the "vocal majority" lost much of their "numbers" since 6 years ago. They are still the "majority" (technically) but "this time it's with "a lowercase m". Frankly, some players that are still against stat clamping aren't as ruthless as they once were since because they are probably tired---of being ruthless (expends a lot of "energy" and "time") or know they had 6 years of their "glorious" face rolling through content but without DCUO "earning" the population they had once accumulated.

Bottom Line: The "majority" do not want stat clamping because it consist of players that have roots within the current system. A system that doesn't have much hope of attracting players committed to DCUO. Further, the devs probably know most "veterans" are fine with their corner of the game and as long as servers are up they could care less if new and committed players join DCUO. It seems they have believed this for over 6 years---does it take another six of face rolling (and some of the causalities of this) to prove this to be "true"?

Side Note: Talking about milestones other games have had due (impart) to stat clamping would lend support to it. This is probably why comments that promote DCUO to adopt from other games are shutdown by the "majority" ("their two different games so of course it won't work, duh!"). To be clear, it's asinine to believe that ideas from other games cannot, do not or are inherently incompatible with DCUO without question. Implementing ideas or mimicking assets from other games are apart of the building blocks of game development (in general, its how ppl progress in most activities). Depending on only original--neoteric--systems to see your game through is likely not going to work. Devs are going to have to mimic another developing team's system (or apart of one) at some point from another company. Could this one day change, sure, has it for the industry yet?

Probably not.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh....so 3-shot then? Can you post that video on Black Hand in BD or the 2nd boss group in GOM?...still waiting.

Also, here's a video Ryazan recently posted. It's current content, not years old. He's got a lot of these at 'current level' at the time they were recorded. So as the 'current' content is also being trivialized by soloing...are you joining the zNot 'make everything tougher' camp? Why stop at 3 DLCs old? In for a penny....
    • Like x 2
  14. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Dont waste your time with Reinheld. He loves playing devils advocate and attempts to stir the pot just like a few others in the forums. He also has not liked talk about clamping ever.... Just like all the others that are now screaming to make clamping optional. They hated the idea about making clamping optional in the past as well. The only reason these guys are screaming optional now is because it is the only argument that they have left. All these same people have been doing over the years is attempt to keep DCUO for themselves and not for a broader player base as a whole. These guys hate on anything that is not their idea or if it does not benefit themselves personally.

Go back through any one of the clamping should be optional forumites comments over the years and you will see exactly what I am talking about. If they are not playing devils advocate. They are disagreeing just to disagree. All they do attempt to stir the pot and nothing more.

(Sorry if some people get lumped in with the ones we all know as to whom I am referencing when it comes to stirring the pot and playing devils advocate just for the sake of doing it)
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well written and only snipped for space and you don't have a ton of posts so it's obvious what I'm replying to.

I don't disagree that many are being too over dramatic (and I've probably had a few of these posts), but a 'majority' is a majority. Now...could that change as new players come to the game...and maybe stay? Sure, but assuming there is a majority that do not want the change, it's a dice roll on how many leave or unsub vs come in to replace them. We'll find out later I guess...or might not.

Personally I believe the daunting nature of 10 years of catchup is a bigger deterrent to new players vs the inability to run content properly....but that's my opinion, not facts. And while the random queue might make getting into runs easier, the clamps will not make them easier runs to complete...some ad nauseam. Time will tell what the impact is. Like it or not, the change means new users will have more mileage in front of them when joining.

And you can reference other games all you want....unless they are exactly the same(and they are not), there might be no correlation in DCUO. For one thing most other MMOs have a decently healthy PVP aspect...we don't. Many don't have feat/skill trees that take 100's of times in the same content to complete something.

And as far as the one line:
    "Players want to actually play their games, not watch others play it for them."
    A few million minecraft (among other games) videos with a bazillion views on youtube might disagree.;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While you are perfectly fine to not reply to my discussions or posts, or disregard anything I say...don't misquote or lump me in with the wrong group. Find the time I ever said clamping should not be optional? I've always said that if it were an option, I'd be all for it, always have been. I like to enjoy the game my way, and feel everyone should be able to enjoy it their way. That's why I've also always advocated AQS, so people who want to play a certain way could do so without having to run with people who disagree with their thinking.

Please...find that post. I've been on since 2014 or so, so there should be lots of examples.:cool: Hey, I'm old, so maybe I forgot one...I'd appreciate the reminder.

But I do like stirring a pot.....think I'll make some soup now.
    • Like x 1
  17. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Great comment.
    Also, if you look at the ones raising the stink. They hated any form of clamping in the past. That would include optional clamping. Look into all their past comments.

What kills me is.....
    Do these people really think that the DCUO dev team & Enad Global7 does not have the actual numbers in their hands or had their own groups of non biased new players run through the game and then get feedback from them?
    • Like x 1
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Ohh you're lumped in & rightfully so.
    All we need to do is go back to your last comments that you made towards me.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Quote it then. I'd expect something like "Clamping should not be optional....NO CLAMPS OF ANY KIND" or something like that. Should be easy to find if it's to you and the 'last' comment.

If you are referring to our discussion of what the 'trade' function in game means....that's not clamping.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3