Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Magician Dedicated Player

This warms my heart reading this, thank you for your response
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I read that as 'confirmed...10 DLC's above applicable'. Awesome!;)

Kidding. We all acknowledge it's 100% speculation, but as of now it's all we have to go on. If you want to share what the Dev's general feelings are as far as 'still feel powerful' means in stat/cr numbers...please share. I'd assume you can't right now, so thus...conjecture abounds. Example, WV was 300CR to what? 321 or so? 322? So I'd guess the lowest 'clamped' CR (and applicable stats) for WV content would be 322 then, as it was applicable to that DLC's content and was as powerful as you could be at the time. I think everyone is hoping it would be more...some hoping for much more even, maybe 'top' CR in Legion or FP? That's I think where the 3 DLC comes from and would jive with the 3DLC range available to 'current' content players where things will be unclamped.

Until then the best we have to go on is non-educated guesses.

BTW...we aren't out here trying to distribute blatant mis-info, but when it's the only info you have for a major change...it happens. There was 0 chance anyone was going to sit by and say 'Jeepers....that's a lot of changes...ok, back to running my vault and dailies'. Both camps in the discussion pro and con are anxious to hear how it's planned to be implemented. As you have now confirmed it's NOT 3 DLC's above applicable, I for one will amend my conjecture to not use that number/scenario.
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you Mepps. This was all that I asked for in taking back the conversation. Thank you. I only wish you had said this earlier before I got roasted over the coals in a prior thread.
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

We still think outside of this update, that we are allowed to play without a FULL 8 man group.. Its unavoidable at this point..
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the posts.
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

They can easily circumvent this issue by having the relevancy for clamping apply to earlier content only, right now, the clamping prerequisite begins to early, which is three episodes out of relevancy
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Ahh okay, I thought the 3 dlc plan was true, thanks for clearing it up
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont like that you basically just told us to get good. No, nobody is entitled to feats, but lets be real this new plan is very left field. and will make it harder for someone without a league or who is new to get up to relevant stat points. The skill point system in this game was already C tier at best. But now you cant even come back to a content 5 years later and get the feats.

Why does the content have to be clamped? Why not just add a whole dlc to the event page and every week swap out the dlc. Also im not sure who asked for unlimited source marks but why rework the entire game just put that one feature in.

The membership update is great! The new headquarters is great! But i like many players over the last week or 2 since this announcement absolutely cannot figure out why stat clamping was even put on the table when its a major reason people dont like pvp and lpve.

Now lets see the difficulty is somewhat along the line of a event…I certainly have qued for events and not beat it. Now i can que into area 51 and possibly not beat it… yikes…
    • Like x 3
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only thing I’d say is that this is a team based game. The game encourages players to look for groups and join leagues. Even the que system proves this. You can’t que into content solo. The game makes players have to either form groups or que in. This is the kind of game they want this to be. I get that it sucks that some feats will just be out of reach. But in a game like this, it is what it is.

I can understand the views of those with concerns. It’s what we have been used too. Now it’s being taken away. I get the frustration. But it is the type of game they want to make. There will be some feats that are hard to get, for some even impossible. There are also a lot of gimme feats that are also in the game like styles. After this changes goes live it will be easy to get to 300-400sp on live with alts. Most of it just from styles
    • Like x 4
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

You hit the nail on the head in my opinion
    • Like x 1
  11. Mertal Defer Level 30

I love the mind state things shouldn't be handed out in mmos it doesn't give players things to strive this current new direction has brought most my league back to the game looking forward to playing again like we did around 2012.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The game (and this change in particular) also encourages elitism and people being kicked or not allowed in groups if they do not have a prerequisite number of SP/Artis/CR/whatever, or maybe will allow less variation from the 'meta' build of the month. Most leagues are already setting minimums on SP over 300 and that's when the prospect of helping league mates go grind the other few 100 SP isn't quite as scary as it MIGHT be later. Please don't tell me you don't see the shouts in LFG for "EOG healer" or "Must have 23 augs" or "Exp only" and the always present "PST with SP/CR/Artis", and that's now when things are 'easy'. Do you think there will be less or more of that later? I'd wager more, but we'll see I guess.

BTW...I just checked. There are 532 'Style' Feats in the feat list (not counting the 4 or 6 more you'd get if you switched roles at some point). Even if all of them are 50 points....they are not (many are just titles....many are 10 points)...and even if many of those 50 point ones were attainable with source + moderate grind....they are not (many are TC related, or Elite sets which are NOT for sale till you grind the renown), that's 266 SP in 'Styles'. I'd guess it's more like 150-180 (I'm not counting each one) or so as many of the feats are 25 points and a lot of the TC ones would take years to knock out by luck or quarks. Don't over sell the 'easy' points too hard....it isn't' test server where marks are actually 'free'. I'll give you the fact that there are some stray 'style' feats in the DLCs, but most of those will be 70 mark per piece and at 560 marks per set at Vendor 22, that's a little less than 'easy'. Get to 200 SP easy...sure. 250-300...a bit less easy. 400? Doubtful, even with every 'gimmie' feat there is. Also some of those 'gimmie' feats are going to drop off the gimmie list. Speed and no death or 'hard knocks' feats in old content will definitely be harder clamped vs unclamped. Maybe not super hard...but hard-ER for sure.

EDIT: Maybe a suggestion for the 'kick' aspect. If someone queues a specific run vs quick play, maybe they cannot be kicked from that run without a 100% vote? It might encourage AFK and other nonsense, but it would force the quick players who are generally going to be there for the 'quick' source to have to mentor vs kick a noob right away. The guy who queued a specific run was there for some reason after all....quick play players, not as much.
    • Like x 3
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The game doesn’t encourage that. People do. There is a difference. None of the raids alerts or even solos have a minimum sp, artifact, or aug requirement. I’ve never joined an LFG group asking for that. I blind que the regular FV and FF and yes soemtimes I have problems with some players but for the most part it’s doable. For elites I have joined random LFG and the one that I had the hardest time was with a so called elitist league that were more worried about the scoreboard than mechanics.

The community is what feels that you need certain things to join. The community sets broker prices. The community sets league requirements. The game encourages you to work in groups. The community dictates the requirements of the group.
    • Like x 6
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, I'll give you the fact the 'game' is open to anyone in the right CR. But try to play the game without the users who play it this way? That's something else. Oh yeah....It's called AQS, and we aren't getting it anytime soon.;)

Yes, there are 1 off experiences that go against the grain, but for the most part...most players...want a 'good' group. 90% of noobies are not 'good' straight off the ship or a CR Skip. "Get gud" time will be shrunk down when all that 'carry' space they have now evaporates (IMO). But again....we'll see.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree. Just because I get lucky with groups doesn’t mean it’s the norm. I do tend to run most of the time with league/friends. But to be fair I also had that mentality since before when dcuo was younger and leagues helped each other lol. I remember my original league actually set aside 1-2 days a week where we would teach new members about their roles and mechanics. I was one of those people along with 3 others. It wasn’t mandatory to be in the league either. But those who joined were happy to join and we had a lot of success in league runs. Now most leagues won’t invite people unless they are geared. I left the game, came back, and everything was different starting with players mindsets lol. I consider myself lucky to be in a league that’s pretty chill. They might not be the best of the best but they can get things done. The biggest thing is that they don’t get pissed off at each other when things don’t go well lol. But I know that’s not the norm in the community.

You’re right. Maybe I am being to optimistic about the update. But if I know it’s coming I’d rather make the best of it and see if I can give feedback on it along the way. But like you, I too am getting those harder feats done now. They gave us plenty of warning on the clamp
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It may be quite the transition.

One comment from me on what Yass Queen Hyppolyta said: many modern episode mechanics, boss attacks, etc. are already doing a percentage damage to you or, put another way, already scale to you. For example, when you return to certain boss fights, you will still get hit for 50% of your health or whatever, now, in the live game, and that won't feel any different after 41.
    • Like x 8
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just out of curiosity, will you be using those mechanics less going forward as a result of this update?
  18. Liko Well-Known Player

You may have already answered the question I am gonna ask, but I can't find it.

Does the stat clamping only affect queued up content? If I was to walk into Riddled with Crime(CR 197) will I be clamped in open world part of it or is the clamping for the duos/alerts/raid? If its a yes to being clamped in the open world part also, will we be strong enough to solo the bosses? I ask this because even unclamped as of now its a pain to even find people that want to go into open world content. I worry clamping the open world will make it almost non-existence to get people in there.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think we will be clamped, but hopefully the redistribution of source marks will solve the problem. I know I can’t wait to get wet again. ;)
  20. Liko Well-Known Player

I just worry source marks wont be enough. Right now I like going back into older content since I can mostly solo the bounties in there and do the content. If I get clamped, I'll no longer be able to do the bounties and finding a group for them is gonna be a long long long shot. It's a long shot now.
    • Like x 1