Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The speedhackers right now.....
    [IMG]

Dox was one of the raids I wanted to try on test. It was one of the ones I queued via on duty, waiting for Omnibus to finally fill. It did not fill. I did not try to form a group at that point, because why? Once the adjustments were made enough said it was fine. Testers are not the average users....if it's bad, we'll find out over the next few weeks. If it's not, well...guess we are good to go.
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im so ready! LETS GOOO!!!
    [IMG]
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

If it turns out fine, your "credibility" will be shot. Ill be looking for you.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

As feedback people on test are mostly veterans with a healthy number of feats well in the past. I think when the masses feel the 'massive nerf' the real feedback will be, hell no.;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, I also have doubts as to the validity of the statement, I suspect they were 7 chumps, rather than 7 champs. :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yup. It's going to be speedhackers paradise. And after seeing how well they were handled during SM... well, yeah.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Can you give actionable details as to what prevented you from closing the tunnels? It's very possible that this is one of the many raids that might need obvious adjustments, but without details it'll take longer to spot the issues and fix them.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's also possible that this is one of those outliers that need to be checked out. Let's give the benefit of the doubt.
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s a few raids that are very tough, even at normal. I’m worried about those.
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm more worried about the raids people farmed stuff.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But you're always worried. Your barometer is "if I die for any reason, something's wrong". What does "very tough" even mean in your estimation? Is this based on your testing or the word of someone who may not have played the content at level originally? Vague statements aren't going to do much to help make adjustments.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m worried about things like Throne Of The Dead, that sat in my journal for months and months.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What exactly are you concerned with? Details are needed if there's anything to be adjusted. Just being "concerned" is useless. You were concerned about Survival Mode, yet you managed to do decently when you ran it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Quote that back to me. I'll wait.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is you spreading bad information while also saying you yourself didn’t even test it
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...Ultraman cape was already 800+ million and that was with dozens of groups running and completing it each week, some multiple times with alts. I'd guess it will now become even more 'rare' unless groups just mine it all day with the 'no reset'. I don't remember that being a 'quick' raid at level...so mining it might be time prohibitive.

Dark Robins, same thing. DME can be a long raid to get to a single drop at the end. Maybe some groups will start mining, but maybe not. We'll see over the next few weeks what shows in LFG. The good news is that solo/duo/alert mining will probably go up, especially the '1st boss' drops. Good news for DC '1st boss only' runs to get the hard light bat I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It was funny, we were running DME for the 'no death' last night. Good group of LFG pickups, all 335+, but no slackers. Spent way too long in there because of stray one shots and a few technical issues (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to coordinate running the cogs at the end with an invisible player....Barbatos sees that and takes advantage). Got the feat but yeah...at no time in the run did anyone say 'this is too easy' as we were 1 shotting anything.

I wonder if the NPC bosses ever say to each other "these guys are too squishy....one shotting them is no fun". I'd guess not, but they are bad guys...they probably like it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

lmao.

I spent hours testing a variety of content.

I didn't try to SOLO bounties, specifically, personally.

Several friends personally tried to solo bounties.

Absolute reading comprehension failure. And this inability is why you've been arguing for days and have demonstrated a spotty at best understanding of the topics discussed.

Have a seat.

I agree with this totally.

Most of the people supporting this won't have to run the content and won't be directly impacted by the changes they're arguing for at all. In fact everyone I know has been running old content to clear up old feats before this goes live, specifically, to not have to do it with the rest of the population.
    • Like x 2
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

As someone who has come back to the game after 5 years, when I heard about this, it clinched the deal for me to come back. Having the raids be a constant challenge sounds like a lot of fun to me. And while I know the satisfaction of going back and one shotting bosses that tormented me at lower CRs, I like the idea of being able to take my toon into FOS2 and have it always be a challenge.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Careful, you know Yas will come to defend his master.
    • Like x 1