PlayStation Network Maintenance - June 2, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I knew earth tanking would be obsolete now that survival and gu38 came out, cuz it cannot survive. Its definatly the hardest to solo alerts with compared to my fire, ice, and rage tanks survivability. So it obviously will struggle the most of all the tanks in survival mode and will prolly exclude u from being picked since its aftershocking mechanic doesn't do anything in tank role to help you survive longer or heal back or absorb damage. I love giving real ideas and getting bashed for it cuz I talk fast on a text medium.
  2. SnakeEyes606 New Player

They got the power token out of me twice tho cuz I gotta switch back to rage for survival mode and dlc 11. So it worked, then all they gotta do is say where gonna really fix earth for survival mode in acouple updates from now and then i'll buy it back again and get that trifecta score of cash from me.
  3. rockergurl New Player

You should have watched the twitch broadcast, spytle was earth and doing very well in the survival mode. Said it will be awesome with the brick revamp.
  4. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I phrased that wrong and that's the problem with how earths getting revamped, I think the wording got it screwed cuz we wanted it to be better longer and in turn we got longer 50% absorb which is useless since we can hit jackhammer or upheaval again cuz nobody goes 15 seconds without hitting a power that would be super boring tanking. The aftershocks absorb super weak amounts of damage for a longer time with the update, But Tanks need it to absorb more damage or some sort of heal over time or burst per aftershock instead cuz u can always hit another power we don't need it to barely absorb damage for a second or two or three longer. It wouldn't be op if u got gemstones from JH cuz it would be based off your resto dom what it would absorb an scalable and would apply 100% absorb for few secs but it busts soon as its touched so, not op compared to reflection/ severe punishment. it really really needs the aftershocks to do something more they need to all give stones for 4 aftershocks even on JH so that everybody knows how many shocks they done and utilize the already existing aftershock combos that exist currently, they just need a function for tanking not just two ticks of 200 precision damage and its animations and everything is already there it jus needs added to those powers. I have at least 10 thing that's could be done to earth that already exist in the power set and dont' need an animation change or anything like that so that the ideas would cost the devs the least amount possible to get the best bang for the buck and whats most grounded in reality of being able to be done. Sorry for my thoughts not being Vine appropriate or whatever people use now that limits creativity.
  5. SnakeEyes606 New Player

Yeah I've been listening to it on loop for afew hours that I've been chattin in the board. I asked him if he was using the revamped earth or broken earth in survival preview and they never said anything. I did catch mepps answering a question from a viewer about what type of gear they were all currently wearing in the vid but I think it was deflected it and changed subject. Idk if they all had rings of op or maybe even better idk he said there was gold gear to be dropped in there so I'm sure they had that as well or god helmets or something, I don't think they would demo a survival type of game live without it. But I'm gonna watch it while I eat and stop chatting and see how well he does and if I see him using soothing sands any to breakout or if hes just using the breakout trinket cuz I know unstoppable won't break him free.
  6. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I mean they used them on sparring dummys to demo rage and celestial so u know they did against waves of A&B bosses with circe's health. I don't have a problem with it I would have used them to if I created it. Especially on a live show. I just want the Earth tank without the god helmet and special consumables and trinkets to be able to survive past round 2.
  7. SnakeEyes606 New Player

One last thing.... I know its not 38 but dont' hate. .can we please please please get reinforce to give a defence and precision buff to u and 3 people or just u and take OFF the part of the tank receiving the damage of another person. Giving a teammate rock armor is amazing they could have it give 3 teammates defence and precision and rock armor as the look where rage and celestial and wired has the hands of your allies I think it would be sick to give 3 others the rock armor and it NOT hurt the tank. Make it a super if you have to and get rid of all 4, just give it cursed idol, consecrated ground, a group shield -heal power over time ( I think all powers should have 8 man shield super) and a good damage supercharger....Earth just can't absorb that damage please take off the tank killer aspect of it and keep being able to give a ally rock armor. That would sorta make it like winter ward shielding 3 allies from damage for a short time. But it is an awesome aspect for earth tanks to be able to help support like that but please take off the part of it where if your doing the alert without a heal u don't take that damage u can't mitigate or heal back or in survival runs gets u killed. cuz I would love to be ABLE to give my teammates the rockarmor of reinforce I just can't add on anymore extra damage in....at least shift 100% of the damage from a teammate with the rock armor to brick please at the very least if you HAVE to keep the damage the tank aspect to that power, Then it might be picked for survival mode some for the simple fact of precision and defence w rock armor to 3 people who need it. Sorry for spending so much time thinking about this kinda stuff, It just got me fired up when I seen so many people hating on people who were just asking if the earth revamp was the same day as the psn maintenance and how they were treated. and the pure lack of acknowledgement of game update 37 revamp just got me passionate and flooding with ideas about it that I feel have never been mentioned before or considered and could have greatly improved earth tanking and game update 37.
  8. SnakeEyes606 New Player

its totally fine for you to tell us hey we have got 100 pages of earth ideas in work in progress and since the development of survival mode and death mike soloing paradox as a rage tank on youtube we have decided to totally rethink how were going about the earth revamp and trying to sell it as a new power since it will for the first time be able to be used correctly in tank stance and dps. And that you need acouple more months to tweak it and improve its survivability....if that statement came out you wouldn't have a ton of people complaining in the forums everyday begging for somebody to read their ideas for the power, but there was zero feedback in those threads at all since the first day I think. We would be fine with u actually taking some time on it and fixing it to work IF you tell us that dont' just let it ride and go and go with previews of up to game update 40 an just act like earth was nothing again skipping over update 37 or giving survival mode the GU37 title and time slot please jus let us know...now brick may be a beast and he may hold agro and let u do weapon mastery off to the side and be awesome and earth tanks might not even take any damage now if brick is that beastly but I'm guessing hes not cuz all the dps in the forums testing were all about aftershocking for damage n tank role and not thinking one second about surviving when the rest the team dies. Currently totem doesn't even heal crystal in tank role either. idk yet since there isn't a single video on test servers on youtube. All comments about earth are for the dps side unless they were page long ideas by me on there for the tanking side. But since I was against so many dps my ideas were trampled and just looked at as not vine and twitter friendly and was jump canceled.
  9. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

this isnt a DCUO fix, its a PSN fix so its not fixing ANYTHING for DCUO
  10. Drakonicus New Player

Worse. Off Topic. Wall. Of. Text
    • Like x 3
  11. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

You had me up til this point lol

idk about earth tanks, but as ice, the restorative chest tactical mod give burst heals with each shield used. And my brother when he was playing he leveled up a earth tank, and there was a self-shielding-self-healing shield lmao for earth seen him do it few times once he hit 75% or lower health.

all I can suggest is do as Im doing and spec resto, dom, def for SP, and then in your yellow sockets put resto/health, and half your blue sockets put resto/health other half dom/health

straight dom in the 92 rings.
  12. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

they were all in 92 gear, same gear that everyone else can get currently

jens was the revamped earth with changes to brick that was stated
  13. SnakeEyes606 New Player

hes 100% correct absolutely nothing will be fixed on DCUO. We previewed gu38 today on twitch and were gonna forget about our redheaded step child power set that were gonna act like never exitsted from game update 37...I think I remember that update 37 along time ago we got it way back when. it was the one before 38 and after 36 its was back when we had to walk to school both ways in the snow.:eek:. my favorite line from the work in progress thread was somebody told me that I was looking at earth tanking wrong for wanting it to be rock hard and stronger than ice he said that the earth powers were suppose to feel like a rock under constant erosion and just weak as hell lmao and squishy. I thought that was classic if new players are thinking this way of earth that just joined us on ps4 then it needs a second look from a tank please.. Earth being like eroding land and not like diamonds hard is a redflag problem from jump.
    THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE THIS IS A PLAYSTATION UPDATE. Don't get excited either cuz our want for 37 and lack of speaking about it is gonna cause them to drop it out completely broke and tested by computer dps players only and will totally suck for ps4 pve and survival mode for sure. But its earth what were u expecting one thought of the work in progress thread by a tank to by implemented into the brainstorm chamber at the office I think not. The forums were just self cleaned by having all the thoughts and ideas of earth hardlight and electric to be put into three pages instead of flooding the forums with multiple threads we just assisted them in keeping it tidy and neat and less to crash or slow the system down, it wasn't a real thread for them to look at the ideas especially the ones that had same animations and zero money for them cost except for a person to hit backspace on the tool tip of the powers and changing it to read alil different and actually make current existing function applicable to tanking. That has to be the reason for the work in progress thread (self tidiness and we helped them keep it clean) cuz zero feedback from anybody on it for a month is just disrespectful. and I be damned if that isn't what really happened.
  14. SnakeEyes606 New Player

your wrong hardlight the regen shield HAND mod gives healing the chest mod is increase to 10% healing in received it doesn't give any heals at all off the chest mod
  15. SnakeEyes606 New Player

currently it only has gemstone shield to heal you with a hand mod they are adding a break out heal move and it has a weak terrible supercharger that puts u in a piss color waffle ball that rolls around tha room and gives three burst heals there is no function or other heal from powers on the earth set.
  16. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I love people like Versal D who have played the game since it game out but just started trying other power sets and tanking like 6 months ago. He thinks that the regen shield hand mod works for like shatter restraints and winter ward and bitter winds and stuff just cus those are shielding pwers lmao. They don't activate the hand mod only reflection and hardlight shield will heal u from it in ice tank role. I knew he has never solo'd anything in his life when I heard him tell our raid group he could do that in dox with those powers I mentioned up top. Hes definalty only ran with healers cuz he would have known that those powers do not heal you at all lol cuz otherwise you get a full understanding of where you stand on a power as a tank when you can survive alone and then you get the timing of you cola supply drop sidekick and both your healing shields timd to perfection and know yourself, only then. Currently earth stuggles so bad compared to my other 3 tanks, like a something simple as solo trigon earth is soooooo behind it can't mititgate any damage and can't heal it back and really struggles to make it through anything alone. now fire rage and ice can easily go through it solo and stay healed back or prevent the damage all together on ice.
  17. SnakeEyes606 New Player

its just a beginning ranking up tank for starters and I want it to be a survival mode end game update 38 tank power not a game update 37 power we all know that update is fake the actual update for summer to last til winter is gu 38 and it just can't keep up at all its so relient of all the other people in the raid to carry you through when your earth you have to be carried through everything u have to be given power you can't fight and build it yourself you'll die and you can't heal your self or prevent damage so you have to rely on a healer constantly and you can't put out any real damage or knock the enemies off their feet from attatcking you the dots are real weak compared to celestial and rage in support role not dmg and so its just super super weak and needs to be carried through any content that's newer... any tank who disagrees with me on this has never played the other 3 powers to see the differences in abilities not just buffs because people who want to think earth was great and ok are just abused people who haven't been shown the light and that there is another way yet and I feel sorry for those players who never bought a power token or ranked up another tank power cuz its so weak and not self sufficienct at all and can't mitigate damage at ALL just has to rely on others to carry them through. I mean maybe it would be better not having to drain your whole power bar to achieve your shield 4 times that only gies you 1 hand mod heal when it should be 4 heals, so maybe after jh don't use my whole pwer bar for prec damage and my shield maybe it will change how well it survives in trigon alone or gates but as of now in a duo without a troll your screwed on earth you can use your powers one time to reach your max absorbtion as a tank and then your just gonna be near dead and weak feeling the rest the time unless u use supply or cola, I just want it to have options where those are the backup otions when **** hits the fan not the first choice of how to I heal back this damage or prevent it, I wanna be using an earth power not pheromone bloom or hardlight shield or sidekick. On the other 3 you can do whatever you don't need to rely on others like that and block the whole time and u are free to play and fight and drp supply drops on friends without having to near die just dropping it on yourself as earth. I mean if the three staff guys at t6 end boss catch you on earth your done cuz you can't break out especially fi the trinkets on cooldown. I know theyre supposedly fixing that in acouple months but I won't even b playing that alert then so it won't matter. I'm sure if they remove the hard stun where you cn break out and useable while controlled again they prolly will take away all the stuff that gives you reason for needing to break out in the first place so lol idk. I just hate having to nerf earth and think about it as handicapped as possible cuz we don't wanna make it equal to ice and rage. It juts makes me sick I gotta stop thinking about it. Why can't we think that earth is not great right now I mean everybody is in denial BAD it sucks so bad compared to the others if I could stream my game play I would show everybody running the t6 alert or any content at how behind it does and how drastically weak the game play Is compared to the other three. I get it, earth a strickly blocking power set where your suppose to just beg for the neck mods defence the whole time because its powers and buff is SO weak that if can't compete or stay alive without that neck mod and blocking. I just don't get people who think its not broken,,,,Totem doesn't heal crystal, crystal doesn't break you or team out, it doesn't have 1 breakout move let alone 2 like the others,( I know it has stoppable unstoppable and soothing sands in GU44) They just wanna hold it back to gu 38 before they release earth because its breakout move won't work right until then so they can't let it lose yet and were gonna get both gu on same day cuz Idk if they'll drop earth out with its breakout move still locked on hard stuns. But out of all 4 powers earth sounds the strongest yet its the weakest. Its wrong. I mean gemstone shield is the only power you have to prevent damage and last 2 seconds and take 3 to get off to full and can be knocked out of it and currently uses power. Its so garbage and every dps on test and forums is like yeah yeah gemstones is PERFECT I wouldn't do a thing to it yeah......come on people wake up stop dpsing and walk in gates and get merked by yourself. That won't happen on rage and ice. Stop setting the boundary so so low that its just pathetically weak and we accept it as great and good if you know how to use it, its all ******** it is currently broken an can't be used right if you play it well now your playing it well on a broken power where all of its pwers are broken the aftershocks do nothing, damage shift doesn't shift damage, the precision combos use power. NOTHING works on it right now. So pat yourself on the back if you declare yourself a good earth tank cuz u truly are a specialy player ifyou hate the other 3 tank powers. I don't want one to be better than the others I want them all awesome TANKS not weak blocking dps and feel like that. The first mistake was not creating all tanks with ices defence buff of 90% increase, if you say ah well earth outta geta 90% defence increase buff when hitting a power people who play earth are like NO WAY!!! that would be so op not it wouldn't it would be equal to ice and it would still allow it to have damage aborbtion and ice get shields fire heal and rage heal back damage in, but all get 90% defence that ice gets then it would all be equal when survival mode comes out and everybody gets excluded cuz their power type. I mean we don't have one troll power that only recharges on torll power that thro pot and one troll power that debuffs, they all thro the same pot and same recharge and same debuffs they're just different cuz the powers and animations and interactiions that's how tanks powers hould be having them all different makes tha playing field so uneven if they want to start working on game balance seems to me that fixing that major major inequality in those 4 powers would be the first start. But as a tank of all 4 powers I'm a minority it will never be thougth of. I don't dps and my thoughts have nothing to do with damage out so jump cancel my thoughts.j But that is the biggest inequality in the entire game the tanks buffs and it went way in the other direction trying to make rage workable to ice they should have just gave them all the buff that works.....ice.
  18. SnakeEyes606 New Player

Just one video would have prevented people from feeling like me and I'm not alone. I don't like the mentality of we have to accept that earth has to be played really really weak...there is so many options that can be done to fix It and make the aftershocks help you in tank role I mean really help you not just filler info for kids starting out on the game that don't know any better telling them oh your at max absorbtion when you hit jH or aftershock once or whatever. its lies your at half absorbtion your only at max absorbtion from the 3rd aftershock power on the earth power set Gemstone shields and aftershocking 4 times after cast. JH and upheaval don't do anything in tank role to reach max absorbtion, NOTHING. And apparently were all cool with this cuz I been the only person complaining bout it cuz all I do is tank so u know dps don't give a **** about damage absorbtion maybe the math gets them hard competing with other dps on test server of who can prove the most damage absorbtion lmao. when they post a grid up or a excel spreadsheet but trust me u feel the difference of what fully maxed absorbtion of one aftershock power feels like compared to the other two fully aftershocked powers that has he exact same combo and function applied, it jus skimps us giving us half aborb cuz some people cry it would be op....please! its nowhere near op if you have played rage and ice. Set the bar high people stop accepting crumbs. Gemstones should absorb damage 100% for at least the length of severe punishment and people who dont' think so needs to play rage and stop telling me to switch to rage or ice if I wanna feel like a tank. that's the wrong mentalitiy and I won't lower my standards and all the standards of the other 3 tanks to lower down to earths standards cuz we all know how much easier it is to just nerf the other 3 powers then it would be to increase ones abilities or fix its combo system to have function other than damage. I mean it really couldn't be less work I think to nerf three powers then it would be to just revamp earth once. Plus there would have been ZERO need for revamps to begin with if they all just got the same tank buff of 90% defence, its so cut and dry and simple and i can't believe nobody has ever proposed it going forward into harder content, its should have been soooo evident when we lost everybody when nexus and dox came out. Theres a reason everybody wants ice, its buff WORKS for tanking. it has 90% defence buff AND tank powers not just dps powers actually designed for tanking. Real survival mode game play tanking options and consecrated ground damage absorbtion supercharger from celestial needs to be given to earth as a 25% super. I'm sure even that statement mades earth players who are used to the abuse to say oh no I do just fine blocking and personal dampening fields and cola I don't need my powers lmao. it really bothers me when I have to run t6 on my earth toon just so he don't fall behind even though I know I can never use him, but one day he will be ready to get his power token and switch to the fifth new tank power next year or two years from now so I better grind his gear too and just feel terrible playing on it for another year or two.
  19. SnakeEyes606 New Player

its not all the way off topic today should have been all about gu 37 i'm alil shocked it wasn't mentioned except for we don't have a date yet its sometime later....if its not gonna be released until earths unstoppable works while controlled after update 38 then just say were for the first time ever not gonna release an update this month and just do double pen on next months update so earths breakout works....why else would it not be released? U know they aren't looking into my suggestions i'm not a dps. I'm somebody that wants tank equality and people who say otherwise are all wrong, telling me tank with the other powers....I have them all first off and I want the two weak ones to be fixed if not all leveld out by the same tank buff then they will have to do more man hours of work to redesign new powers and give aftershocks functions in tank role....if they wanted to go the cheapest easiest fix change all the buffs to the same buff. all tanks would still be unique in their own way and style the gap just wouldn't be to where you get to run stuff or be kicked type of difference gap.
  20. SnakeEyes606 New Player

Plus I wouldnt' have wasted my time writing all that allday if it was acknowledge in the work in progress thread but it wasn't and I got sick of dps telling me that gemstone shield works great and how good off earth tanking is now compared to before...I've yet to see proof from anybody on youtube cuz it obviously wasn't video worthy of somebody time to display the changes. so sorry for the people tuning in to see what the maintence today was about.....its about nothing. It was just slight of hand magic to link u to a live stream to get misdirection from game update 37 to focus on 38 and not 37s flaws going into the future new content and survival mode that I fully went into why it will be the worst tank. Crystal prolly hits hard tho dps am I right? lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.