Pick Which Legends Batman Skin We Make Next! Vote Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCR RANGER New Player

Style > Skin
  2. ellismania New Player

My vote on the new legend batman suit is troika batman suit no question easy pick
    • Like x 1
  3. vampire-lord419 New Player

my vote... troika
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I like them both, but I guess I'll vote for New52. Can't we have them both?
    • Like x 2
  5. z00merang New Player

I lost all interest when he said they would never do Azrael :(
    • Like x 1
  6. GalaxySoul1 New Player

7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Within the next 24 hours, we will learn who the next Batman is!:)
    • Like x 1
  8. Netherith Well-Known Player

I would like to know why he does not wish to do anything with Azrael.

It is concerning when a man in power will put his own personal preferences ahead of the clientele. The character is a noted part of history and has a bankability in the mythos and fan base that the project can cash in on.
    When you're in such a position of power, one has to realise that you are there to serve the people and their interests, not your own.
    Not that I'm saying that this is what's happening, for all I know he just made a Freudium slip and accidently let slip his personal opinion on the matter, not revealing what had actually been decided. (the trouble of being not in the loop is that you can only base your revelations on the information given, hence why we have gossip columns and such)

I guess I'm just concerned because he has now presented himself as a viable roadblock and opponent against a potentially good marketing move. Just look at Arkham Origins and the fanbase reception when they revealed the AzBat skin.
    • Like x 1
  9. Santheum New Player

New 52
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I voted... TROIKA!
  11. Bast10n Committed Player

I Voted for Troika. When I think of Batman... I think of all black.
  12. Nico M. New Player

I have to go with Troika if it's batman you have to go with. I know it's all about "75 years" but come on it's a bit much on the Bat-Saturation in this game especially when you have so many characters in the DC Universe to pull from for Legends, Mentor, or Gear.
  13. Bloodmane Ravager New Player

14. average gamer New Player

New 52
    • Like x 2
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

Az-bat was a horrible tragedy in the history of Batman. You posit that it's "noted" and "bankable". I will posit that it's infamous and would irritate more bat fans than it would please.

Azbat was actually operating as batman for only about 8 months before Bruce came back and stomped his face. Out of a 75-year history I find that azbat is simply recent rather than notable. Most Bat-Fans wish just we could forget the whole thing and pretend it never happened. It was horribly unpopular back then. I can only guess that it hasn't gained popularity since being cancelled.

Obviously Batman: _____________________ Obviously ridiculous:
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Netherith Well-Known Player

Again, the fan reponse to the skin's inclusion in Arkham Origins puts that in doubt. The suit is pretty much Batman's "Black Spiderman Suit", likability may vary but the majority of the fanbase knows what it is and where its coming from.

So what you're saying is that the Knightfall saga (which is what this suit represents, as does Bane) is a forgettable event in the bat mythos? Also, since it came out in 1993 it would hardly be considered "recent" now since there are a slew of more recent events like NML, OMAC, Court of Owls, Batman Incorporated, etc. Actually, what were the big Bat events before Knightfall. Probably Death in the Family and The Dark Knight Returns, were there any others?

Jason Todd was also unpopular back then, he's now an infamous character and part of the mythos. (unfortunately I imagine Damien will end up the same way)
    Can't really make sense of your last sentence. Are you referring to a series being cancelled? What are you guessing hasn't gained popularity since its cancellation?
    You seem to think the suit was meant to be a permanent change? It was part of a story, after which Bruce was always intended to return and take back the mantle. There was no "power of public opinion triumphing" like what resulted with Jason Todd's death. The suit represents the story, not some editorial mess like what happened with Cassandra Cain.
    • Like x 2
  17. Veritasum Loyal Player

As an observer, I would say that Azrael is less than popular with most. Would most people be ok with it in game? Probably, but with so many more popular options, why devote the time to that one bleep in the map? I would venture to say Affleck's Batman will end up more popular than Azrael. A shuddering thought, but likely nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  18. Archangel Rafael New Player

The response to a video game is irrelevant and unquantifiable. The azbat fiasco is nothing like the black Spidey suit. Peter Parker didn't get replaced by some schmuck. The black spidey suit wasn't fugly and universally reviled by the fans.
    I wish I could forget it. I consider 20 years ago to be relatively recent in the 75 years of Bat-History. If you started reading comics in the 90s and never bothered to go back and read what came before then, I guess it's not recent to you. I think you're dating yourself with this statement. I can give you a long list of historic events in the 75 year history of Batman. Really? You think that the 50 years before azbat contained no significant events? C'mon man.
    I was working as an art assistant for a DC penciler 88-92 so I know for a fact that azbat was intended to be much more long-term than what it ended up as. I saw the scripts and read the memos. I saw a storyboard where azbat had apparently burned down or blowed-up Wayne manor. Plan "A" was to transition Bruce to and Alfred-like role and get rid of Alfred and Robin. After azbat had screwed up everything and chased off Alfred and Robin, Bruce would return to set him straight and become an Alfred like "second". Of course, in comics, there's always a plan "B" and anything can be undone but it certainly wasn't planned and "in the can" from day 1 like the death of Superman was. Drake was very new then. Drake himself was liked but the overall concept of Robin was unpopular and counter to the "xtreme 90s" atmosphere at the time. The editors started to backpedal about 4 months in if I remember correctly. It seemed much longer to me because I had known it was coming for more than a year in advance. I got kinda drunk and called Chuck Dixon a "F'n moron" over it at 92' Chicago. (prolly should've apologized...)

To a few kids who started reading in the 90s, maybe azbat holds a nostalgic soft spot. Probably the significance of that storyline is subjectively magnified for them. In the overall history of Batman, azbat's main contribution is the introduction of Bane as an ongoing character. The onlu real significance of the sotry was out here in the real world where azbat is a symbol of all the really garbagey things that happened to comics in the 90s.Other than that, no one cares. Everyone who was a comic reader before '90 remembers azbat with revulsion. People who started reading comics after '95 have barely heard of azbat. Everyone can see that the azbat suit is fugly.
    • Like x 1
  19. Autopsyrotica Well-Known Player

I vote for whichever one causes the least amount of lag/freezing on PS3
    • Like x 1
  20. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Both. It's not that time consuming to make a 3d model/textures. If DCUO's budget can only afford one, then go for the New 52. Not only is it topical (which means more purchases), but it also nudges for other non-Batman character reskins in New 52 attire. New WW, Supes, Aquaman, Hal, etc.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.