Pick Which Legends Batman Skin We Make Next! Vote Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

But SOE is not DC Comics, I can only guess but probably DC gave them license to the limited part of the IP, that is why they cant tie in events with films/shows releases, add costumes from films like Marvel game or even such thing as trading cards on Steam.
    • Like x 4
  2. Joykiller Dedicated Player

True, but neither is the Batman: Arkham games (just as DC Comics partners with SOE, it also partners with Rocksteady Games) and they have Batman Beyond. Further, DCUO is published by SOE and WB Interactive. My point is that if there is an issue with getting Batman Beyond into this game, it has nothing to do with copyrights. It's a licensing issue whereby WB/DC deem the IP inappropriate for this platform. Having said that, why allow it for the Arkham games then?
    • Like x 1
  3. Hero of Justice New Player

I think that Batman Beyond was not included in the original license that SOE and DC made. Anyone outside of the comics, it appears, wasn't in that (no movies, no TV shows). Harley started on TV, yes, but I believe she was entrenched in the comics by the time the deal was made, the Beyond-verse was not. DC controls the Batman Beyond world, sure, but SOE does not. As I understand it they'd have to make a deal to include Beyond in the original license, which would take a lot of time and cost a lot of money. I think SOE pays for the right to use all DC characters included in their license (which covered most fo the comics, but not stuff like The Dark Knight movies or any of the animated series', including Batman Beyond).

EDIT: As for the Arkham games, my guess is that they payed for the ability to use each of those characters. The Arkham games make a lot of money and WB/DC are very involved, it would make sense that they would be able to use other things. But they wouldn't have access to some things DCUO has access to (namely all the comic characters, names, locations, etc.) So it works both ways.
  4. Plastic.dcuo New Player

You know, Batman isn't the only DC superhero. How about Flash or Aquaman? I wouldn't mind Giganta or Raven either. And can we get some female Devs to design some costumes!?
    • Like x 1
  5. kajutsu New Player

New 52

Does everybody notice WonderGirl at 6:30?
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Eon New Player

Go New 52 Go! :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Thank you that will make everything fair.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ace1 Dedicated Player

It was a bug, and it wasn't ten, more like 4. It wouldn't let people know that they actually voted, no confirmation or anything, I hit the button 4 times and it worked.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ergotth Committed Player

great skins, I vote for new52 as well. By the way, thats not the first livestream I watch, so I'm gonna say it...are you guys aware you are two big chatterboxes xD? dam, how you guys TALK when we want to SEE new stuff xD still, great livestreams.
    • Like x 2
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Well the new 52 reminds me of the preorder and future batman put together so I wanna see for once a darker batman so I VOTE TROIKA!!!
  11. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

:)
  12. LorZod New Player

How about a superboy legend? like come on....this is DCUO not the justice league. DCUO-Dc universe online, so at least make a larger range of legends BEFORE you make more of one person. ...well i've said my peace...
  13. Ace1 Dedicated Player

But it's Batman's 75th birthday.
    • Like x 1
  14. Archangel Rafael New Player

The Batman ones are re-skins. Much less work than creating and balancing a new character with a new loadout.
    • Like x 1
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

1) The picture you got of the Troika era costume is not a great pic. I'll endeavor to locate a better one.

2) You know people are able to spam votes, right?

TROIKA BatSuit:
    [IMG]
    Not a ton better than the other example but hopefully gives a better idea. Its an all-black suit with blue cape and cowl. The cape and cowl are the standard Batman dark blue. The color is washed in this picture. This cover had a few variants that showed the costume in different lighting conditions ranging from dusk to dead-of-night. The cover was on card stock and embossed. The dead-of-night version used flat vs. gloss black finish plus the raised card embossing to create some contrast on what was otherwise a pretty much a solid-black cover.
  16. Mad9 New Player

Nope, you can't vote more than once.
  17. Whisper Well-Known Player

Is there anyway to view the vote counts? Can't see which skin is leading.
  18. Archangel Rafael New Player

um ... yeah. you can. that's what im sayin. this might be a problem.
  19. Black Cozmo New Player

New 52 all the way. I think all the in game characters should get new 52 styles flying around showing your underwear is idiotic.
    • Like x 1
  20. Archangel Rafael New Player

burn the heretic!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.