People are getting tired of DC Universe Online?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Last I checked there are plenty of styles on all of the vendors as well, perhaps you're playing a different game? I could post you screenshots of all of the vendors if you like, but it sounds like you've got some vendors to visit since you seem to think they don't exist.

capsules are but one way they introduce cosmetics and no, it isn't any more frequent than numerous other games including MMO's I'd suggest you go take a look at WoW, SWTOR, FF14, even the likes of overwatch just to name a few before you errantly start suggesting this game is any different in terms of its cosmetic drive.

Also previously in this game going all the way back there's been a focus on styles and looking good, ranging from auras, multiple vendor suit styles, iconic styles, rare weapon styles, collection styles.

Don't blame cosmetics because you don't subjectively like whatever raid it is you've currently got a distaste for.
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

CR Differential was a mistake that PLENTY of people complained about...so much so that they changed it. You're living in a fantasy world where CR Differential was great. Come back to reality with the rest of us.
    • Like x 3
  3. zNot Loyal Player

And reality says that Origin crisis won so lets be realistic and accept that this episode should be a inspiration used for future content. Thats what i hope atleast.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Are you talking about the t2-t3-t-4 styles? Look at the amount of content that was tied with those styles as i said they can release styles all day long but that raids get ignored mostly is my issue and many other peoples issue if they wanna see how important raids are they maybe should release a dlc without a raid and see how good that dlc would be.

Facts are that the top 4 episodes on bracket list have 2 raids each ( which mostly are not rushed 15 minute ones) if we ever get 1 raid again on a episode i know that our feedback doesnt matter much for raids it would then only the style feedback that matters.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And in this episode there was no CR Differential, making all of your previous points praising that great mistake dead wrong. Do you not see how you're contradicting yourself??? All of this praise you keep showering on OC and previous content and the one thing they ALL have in common....NO CR DIFFERENTIAL!!!! So this insistence that they bring back an unneeded and harmful mechanic is very wrongheaded. We all want this game to be as great as we remember, and none of it requires going backwards.
    • Like x 6
  6. Proxystar #Perception

All feedback matters, All content matters not just raids, let go of this obsession with raids and raiding, yes raids are important but equally so are styles, cosmetics, solos, duos, alerts, open worlds and environment aesthetics.

People play video games to immerse themselves, have fun and equally so challenge themselves, not just the latter.

Your obsessive dream that this game solely consist of functional raids developed to your subjective taste is ridiculous, everyone knows it, the devs know it, deep down you know it.

Not every raid is going to be the same, not every DLC is going to be an origin crisis, despite the fact origin crisis won a, and seemingly you need reminding, "for-fun-tournament".

If you've got raid feedback at any point in time that's cool, but let's not pretend whatever it is you dislike about it has anything remotely to do with time capsules or style production.
    • Like x 5
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Why cant key things that origin crisis had not taken into all future raids? Like adjustable sidebosses? Ofcourse each raid is different but thats not a reason for rushed content :) and as i said earlier the new creative director might be the one we needed im for sure not the only paying customer that absolutly dislikes the episodes and the low replaybility and low difficulty the very short design of the endgame content (elite raids) but those people just stop playing the game like OP said each episode people take a break/cancel membership or quit due to the episodes.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Because all raids being the same, similar or cookie cutter clones of Origin Crisis will equally so lead to the same boredom and faults you suggest exist in modern content. Players need variety to keep coming back, not just the same re-skin of Paradox over and over.
    • Like x 7
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Before, it used to be mainly about the RC and MS, now I find that it has become far too discriminatory and divides the community too much.

When you see those who want to create a group, now you have to have the CR, the SP, the artifacts and the level increases, especially for the elite, I find that it's starting to be a bit anti-MMO and too selective, when you see the complication of finding certain roles, I'm not sure that this is a good idea to follow!
  10. zNot Loyal Player

I dont think so because The bosses and the map the mechanics will be different each raid being able to increase difficulty wouldnt feel boring this shouldnt be in all raids but in 1 out of 2 raids per episode imo. Also increasing difficulty can be by various way not just side bosses, maybe extra adds or something theres many things they could do.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You've described what they're already doing... You're just obviously subjectively not happy with every raid, I'll let you in on a little secret, come closer, I don't want anyone else to hear, it's just between me and you... that's how life works
    • Like x 6
  12. zNot Loyal Player

True COU elite raid is so hard that multiple groups 4 man finished it,thanks for reminding me how difficult episode 39 elite raid is this is not meant to offend the dev that did this im just saying this like that incase the devs didnt know this.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

It's not the first raid to be 4 manned, it won't be the last, but hey I'm sure they were incredibly useless players that did that with 4 people, the raid is so easy everyone on the server is casually 4 manning it, so yeah I mean you're totally right, it's totally not the end of the DLC's life cycle either... lol
    • Like x 4
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Are you not reading properly ? Origin crisis was different like we have it NOW i said the way the game worked during origin crisis is better then it is currently and also the CR scaling would to me be better then how it is currently!

Both of those are better then the current system i would prefer the CR scaling for endgame elite content understood it now?
  15. zNot Loyal Player

It should be a 4-8 player instance then :)
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The issue with the mobs disappeared once the differential went away. The fights were reasonable once the differential went away. Even if I was doing everything exactly right I would eventually reach a point where nothing I did would overcome the differential when it was in place. Once it was gone I still had to watch my step but my ability to play my character meant I at least had a chance and could afford at least one or two mistakes.

A better example of the artificial cap nature would be what I was able to do with Sub-Avatars. Due to circumstances in the game I learned how to take down two kinds of Sub-Avatars in South Gotham while at or below the level of that particular piece of content. I could do it on all characters and even at a level/CR where I wouldn't receive loot for my efforts. And I never had to resort to using AMs or WM moves to do so. I even wrote a guide for it oh-so-long-ago.

A quick guide on how to solo 2 of the 3 Sub Avatars | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)

CR differential pretty much killed that guide. No amount of ability was going to overcome those challenges thanks to the cap put in place by the differential. It took away the factor of player ability and in some cases rendered it meaningless as going back to try and solo a raid with a walk-in portal was a joke. The differential meant you could tear through the NPCs like wet kleenex and they could barely lay a finger on you. It's tough to feel like you accomplished soloing a raid when the NPCs can't lay a finger on you.
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

LOL
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Churn happens. Film at 11.
    • Like x 2
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

not touching the rest of this discussion, however - regarding CR specifically?

Once upon a time I had a screenshot where I did 28... MILLION.... damage.... with ONE ATTACK.

That says everything it needs to about "why CR Differential was as broken as it was stupid"
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm reading perfectly fine. CR Differential is NOT needed in order to make the game better. The end. That is not the solution to any problem. Bringing that back would be doubling down on the same mistake. That makes ZERO sense.
    • Like x 2