People are getting tired of DC Universe Online?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 5, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's kind of silly pretending that this is a new phenomena, when this has been an ongoing issue in this game. The problem goes all the way back to the fact that the 1-30 leveling process was mostly centered around DPS. Also, whether it's artifacts, cr, skill points or whatever, there have always been players demanding that people meet their overly demanding criteria in order to join their groups. I think either you haven't been here that long or your memory has serious gaps. Either way this isn't a new developing problem nor is it the Dev's fault...we the players are the architects of this toxic behaviour.
    • Like x 6
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

More than just graphics my friend. While you may be a fan of the current content, the general consensus is that the game is not that much fun at the moment...and i'm inclined to agree. It doesn't mean I hate the game or plan to quit or take any breaks, been here since 2012 and haven't taken off at all, don't plan to any time soon.

I digress, there is PLENTY or room for improvement beyond graphics, and they have hinted that they are working on things to that effect. We just need to be patient since these things take time to produce.
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

And I have a screen shot of a 28 hour alert run and a 28k crit screen shot while also showing 28000 rotations in one alert. Atleast we felt powerful before stats revamp now you don't even need the gear or sp you can beat anything without it just take the month off work. And make sure your in support role and soloing the alert. so the group doesn't set any lag off that way u don't get hit by something u moved from 3sec ago and still wipe. Yea stats revamp is really great just love it. Do you want to know why the survival mode is 4 players and not 8 players? Here's one for u lag the devs are not dumb they understand stats need to matter and right now they do not meaning alot of ppl leaving the game. All you get from gear and skill points is your main stat no survivability. survivability all depends on the server and your internet connection. that's why sm is 4 players and not 8 players. the servers suck there for so does stats revamp for taking our survivability away by making ur stats not matter. People used to actually talk about skill points and cr like it not easy getting maxed cr or high sp. I see ppl at max cr everyday and I feel so bad for that time they put in. I see ppl running feats and I feel so bad for them. just run alts thats all dcuo is a burnout pve fest 900 rotations on a boss yea we love that. heres some artifacts hope that speed things up alittle. what's that u have 5 or more alts oops we didn't think that far sorry u got a wallet?
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Indeed. It was that kind of behavior from other players that started me on the "predominately solo" path, and that happened WAY before CR was even a thing in the game. Calls for gear checks at certain points in the Watchtower (hadn't made a villain yet) to "make sure" a player was able to run a certain piece of content were pretty common.

To which I said to myself, "Forget that noise." Ok, so what I actually said might have been a little more rude than that, but you get the idea. :D
    • Like x 2
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Dcuo is my on and off game.But that's on me since I in general get really fast tired of doing the same times more than once it's a miracle that I have played this games for 10 years now :) Sure some things where better before but Some things are better now.I just play the game how I want to play it and so should everyone else instead of trying to say how others should play it go play it Your way :) And for peoples saying they don't care of styles:Fine but DON`T say its not important for Everyone ,that's just just a Lie.For me Styles are one of the strongest things in the game right now,not saying that I love proper story more but right now it's the thing that is closest to my heart.
    • Like x 3
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

These questions, and posts. are very useless no offense to the OP, just there is always someone that is tired of a mmo, and someone that is asking if the game is dead or still dead. that's how mmorpg work, because they are for years in this case, its over 10 years, hell ya there are people that are tired of it, but there is still a very devoted fan base, so you will always see battles of words, if the game is dead or not. while on the other hand you have people playing the game as normal, with no problems, or "empty server" problem"
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Just because they scaled certain ones wrong too much doesnt mean its not a good system im sure if they would implement it but in a reasonable way it will be better.

especially for content that is supposed to be the most difficult content (elite raids) but currently the so called „balanced system“ as people say (lol) gets beaten day 1 with previous episode gear and later on 4 man completed and is in general done in around 15 minute and is a DPS feast show with 5 dps and only 1 support roll each these things dont sound balanced to me (elite version) CR scaling would basically make most of these things almost impossible.
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

If it's only "someone" I would say yes, but when you start to see leagues leave for another game, there are still questions to ask!
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Look how the endgame gearing system has been designed in dcuo theres no point to play it once you reach max CR which can be done in the first weeks or even the first week of the episode and gear isnt even needed these days for elite raids so? Not even a point to grind for some at all.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

OC won because the bracket was rigged. When one member of the community can 'suggest' that 800+ people go out and vote a certain way to flip the results (and brag about it), it's rigged.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a good DLC or raids, just means those brackets meant nothing about the quality or overall popularity for the community as a whole.
    • Like x 5
  11. zNot Loyal Player

How do you know those players didnt vote for JLD? Maybe those people didnt know about the bracket list and got reminded by him and wouldve vote origin crisis anyway? since they quit the game years ago? Origin crisis is so old that JLD is much newer most of the new players dont know how origin crisis was so they endup voting JLD for reasons like „oh constantine was in that episode so that episode is better“

So no it wasnt rigged origin crisis still won even if it would be second place. Proofing that it is still very popular. Origin crisis is like around 4 years? Older then JLD so i dont see how you expect people from 2013 voting there how many of those that played during 2013 when Origin crisis was there voted for JLD? Thats the question
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Maybe DC's formula is out of fashion too, the game worked well in the early years because it was a formula of the time, but now people are looking for something different, maybe Daybreak should be aware of that too, so yes, there will always be dedicated players, but many end up being on the game to sleep in the watchtower.

In my opinion, now we need to completely rethink the solo part of the game, so, yes, it's an MMO, but solo content also keeps the player in the game.

I think we should take inspiration from the current fantasy MMORPGs, its latest offers a much more attractive story and solo adventure that is sadly absent on DCUO, it's a shame because given the DC universe there is a real thing to do, not to mention a world map with more interest, than what DC manages to offer. DC is probably, the game or the world map that will be the most boring to play, while on other games, we have much more fun to browse/explore, there is more interaction in the world map of Fantasy games, it would not be too much.

Let's imagine, for example, finding lost NPCs with one or more quests, having public dungeons to do solo, or playable solo, but with the possibility of crossing other players in it, stuff like that, it will change us a bit, this kind of quest could allow us to get catalysts or source brands of stuff we always need to collect!
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Its a online game so i dont see why solo gameplay should be enhanced further its a mmo so raids would be the best example of where the game should focus on more.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Had DCUO had more sandbox elements built in (or had started as a sandbox game with themepark aspects added later on) that idea might have merit.

But from the very start the game has been more of a themepark game than anything else. It's why so much is instanced and also why there's relatively little in the way of unused space in the two main open world parts of the game (Gotham and Metropolis). From what I've seen it's a lot easier to add themepark elements to a sandbox game than it is sandbox elements to a themepark game.

And while I wouldn't mind more in the way of solo content, that isn't the way to go. Balance and variety are key because not everyone is going to like everything. Offering at least a little something for everyone is going to go a lot farther than just concentrating on one kind of content. Even if I'm not likely to play it, it's nice to know I have options outside of solo content that I can engage with if going it alone starts to wear thin.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The online game doesn't forbid to have solo content, any online game has a solo content next to it and then, some content can be done solo, but it doesn't prevent to do it in co-op, some MMORPGs manage to do it very well.
    It's not because you don't like solo content that you have to force others not to like it or see it as forbidden content in MMO games, MMO is above all the possibility to play with others, not necessarily an obligation!
    • Like x 2
  16. zNot Loyal Player

I didnt say they should cancel solo content i said they shouldnt enhance solo content further because there is enough solo content in each episode on a game considering that is a mmo and other games may give solo content but also give more/larger raid content which we havent in the last few episodes and even when we had 2 raids like in BOP those raids had only 2 bosses each raid and were like 10-15 minute elite raids which is totally rushed and not enjoyable.

See i dont care if they do solo content IF we get enough raid content since its a mmo. The last episode that actually was good on raid content was metal part 1.
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Having both is even better, solo content and real raids, if not as an example, I've been browsing for a while elder scrolls online and in this game this is done wonderfully, I'd love to see that also on DCUO.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Thats true and i hope dc will give us real raids like we used to have if i look at old raids like FOS 1&2 and the batcave raids and compare them with what we got recently in the last few episodes im really surprised how the raid content got less and less and more rushed each episode i really hope they learned from those mistakes...
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I agree, at times, I have the impression that DCUO is becoming a mobile game or is trying to move in that direction...
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I mean theres such little mmo feeling/atmosphere aswell as content left that your assumption isnt that far off the truth.. ( no offense to the devs i hope they will go back to oldschool style)

And as i said before i really hope they will properly do the episodes now the fact that we get no openworld bosses and 2 raids in the next episode shows that they do listen to feedback so what we want is them to design the content better and i do not mind waiting 1-2 months more per episode like the next one if we get 2 real large raids with bosses/fights/designs and so on that also has replaybility and something unique needs to be added so that people are not quitting 4 weeks into the dlc.