People are getting tired of DC Universe Online?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't know if it's a particular case in my country, or the same phenomenon elsewhere, or even, that it can be the situation on the US side, but I see more and more leagues, without forgetting, players stopping the game because they are fed up with certain points of the game, for some, it's the artefacts, for others the farm of the game, which has become much too heavy, etc....

Every time I come back to the game, I find myself in a league or activity to stop, so I look for another one, but in the end, the result ends up being the same : people stop the game, because of problems with the way the game works, which demotivates them enormously, yet they still aspire to be in a game like MMORPG or a game that allows them to find their way around and play together.

Without forgetting, the end of DLC which motivates people even more to be on a break from DC Universe Online...

I don't think I've ever seen this phenomenon so frequent on any other MMORPG-type game I've been able to browse, so I'd like to know, if this is as frequent? Do you feel it too? Or have you experienced it, too?
    • Like x 5
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

People have been 'getting tired of' DCUO since 10 years ago (well maybe 9). People come and go. A DLC's end sees people fall off, and a new DLC or event or some major change brings them back in.

Unless you have actual accurate subscriber or player numbers (and no Steam does not count as 'accurate'), you...and I...have no idea how many people are playing or leaving the game.

Personally yes, this DLC is a grind...yes, I'm tired of it already, but I have other things to do if I'm tired of whatever content is current and a bit played out. Back to back DLCs with OW 'bosses' has about exhausted me. The artifact 'keep up' game and money involved is each person's own fault. A) you don't NEED all 200 level artifacts to be good at your job. B) you REALLY don't need to change them around every time a new one comes out. If you choose either of these options then complain the fault is on you...at least in part.

If you are tired of it, take some time off...many people do. Or catch up on old feats or do some base/hall deco. Or hang out in trade all day like some trading witty barbs with the other people who do so. Go premium for a month or so and run older content...saving some cash n the meantime might take off the edge on your issues with spending money in game.
    • Like x 9
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Alot of people play dc because its a mmo but it seems like it evolved into a fashion style show. If you look at older dlcs (origin crisis) there was more time put into the content (the raids,alerts) itself if i look the at the very early raids (batcave raids,FOS raids) and alerts (T1) dcuo has and compare them with the latest ones i can see why many stop playing despite the large amount of revenue dc makes getting such little endgame content isnt really how mmos are these days from my experience.

The devs should design dlcs to keep people in the game at the end of the dlc and this happens in litteraly every dlc that i played i knew someone that quit years ago he came back he was max cr and there was nothing to do and he quit and never came back he felt like the game was easy on endgame and not rewarding theres one customer lost and thats just one example. My friendlist gets thinner each episode.

i can agree with you fully on that people loved this game 2011-2012-2013 and that was when they focused on raids and other mmo elements they can release time capsuls as they want but im really not happy what they did so far with raid content even alerts like oolong island arkham asylum, bludhaven (t1) are more exciting to play then any alerts in the last few years! Im not the biggest fan of alerts but despite that i enjoyed those alerts but for the most part when it comes to raids i dont think the devs know how important this piece of content is especially for people that are willing to spend weeks to complete it and spend money to be as strong as possible.

But i have hopes that the devs understand this issue now because the 10th anniversary raid (speedflux) was a decent one in the right direction lets see how the episode 40 is going to be. The community liked the raid too that should show them that this is what people would like to enjoy more on episodes aswell.
    • Like x 2
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Stats revamp I think really destroyed dcuo. You can't have a system that one shots players with basic attacks and the mechanics everything about stats revamp is way to unforgiving. Stats revamp should of never happened because the game has too much going on like breakout stuns lag u name it even picking someone up will leave you 100% open for one shots. Maybe the game will turn around soon and be more stats matter friendly. For now don't even bother wearing gear or doing any feats. Just hold block on all that stuff for now lol
  5. zNot Loyal Player

They need to change alot of things the design,setup ( more support rolls needed in elite raids and less DPS rolls),more difficulty on certain support rolls it needs some rework when it comes to endgame elite content.

I personally found the CR matters the better way then the current one with that Elite content was always difficult and you would actually need gear for elite when CR was the main factor of your dps output and the damage you recieve but nowadays you dont need gear previous episode gear is enough and thats sad. If CR would matter the day 1 clearing of elite raid would be impossible which would be good.

With CR matters then also skillpoints could maybe get a „buff“ and recieve more % stats instead of so much flat stats to make CR the main strength followed by SP and artifacts. This would make endgame more exciting and would give dc more of a mmo feeling especially since feats/SP make dc unique and they should work more with that but currrently SP and CR dont mean much.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you're referring to the time when the CR differential was in place, then I say "no thanks" to going back to that.

The CR differential put an artificial cap of sorts in place on what you could do. When that was in place, Oa Under Siege was not doable at entry level CR. Now I don't mind a challenge, and at entry level CR I don't expect a cakewalk on trying to run any piece of content, even solo stuff. But I could not get past the first hallway while the CR differential was in place. Once it was removed? I was able to complete the content at entry level CR.

As much as people have wanted stats or CR to be the determining factors in the game, player ability factors into things in this game more than any other MMO I've played. Putting too much emphasis on either stats or CR (or both) takes away from what a player can do.
    • Like x 3
  7. Lara Committed Player

Nop, The game is Great.
    Everyone who is saying "DCUO Dead Game" or other Toxic stuff to the game please go ahead no one will miss you :)
    • Like x 4
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think the 5 month gap between dlc is whats making people step away until the next one. 5 months is almost half a year! While some may blame covid for 2020... i think there was a really gap the year we got the metal dlcs
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You know this comment is just itching to be called out, I've seen you among a few others make this ridiculous comment over the past few days in various threads like the game has never been a cosmetic show case. that is so objectively incorrect it's laughable you're even attempting to put it forward as fact.

This game has always been about cosmetics, if you think for a moment people haven't cared about cosmetic appearance since day dot in this game you're horribly mistaken, in fact if anything you're simply projecting your own subjective lack of care for style on to others, as if it should be a viewpoint shared by all others.

Styles have always been a driving force within the game and a major part of this game has always been its cosmetic element, this is even true of any video game on the market, suggesting video games are simply functional and not aesthetic is again such an absurd proposition it's laughable. I mean let's even take your precious Origin Crisis DLC you rank so highly, people weren't just seeking gear for stats, to suggest they weren't at the time also seeking the traces in time style to wear is absurd, the same can also be said of earlier styles such as the Norsemen.

This view is so narrowminded, people enjoyed the game back then not only because of raid designs but because of better balance, better PVP, better story telling and a far different combat systems. It isn't just the raids that make a game enjoyable or successful it is when all elements (including cosmetic I'll assure you) are working in cohesive tandem. As the game has developed and more additions have been added like artifacts, like combat changes, like powers the game has become harder and harder to balance, it isn't just raiding.
    • Like x 6
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

Yes. Been a long time coming and honestly they deserve this. Improve your game or meet the oblivion.
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I see what you mean since thats a solo it shouldve been easy but they should have simply put the cr of the mobbs to a reasonable level and your issue would be gone so you cant take that one mistake they did with that to avoid the CR scaling because it is much more consistent for endgame content difficulty if they did CR scaling then regular raids would need to be lower cr wise ofcourse so it is still easy like currently but my main point was for elite content thats where CR scaling would be the best for.
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Where do styles comes from currently frequently? Capsuls which werent part of the game back then so no back then there were for sure less styles released this frequently! i know cosmetics are part of EVERY mmo but in dc this goes far more in that and you cant for sure decline this!

capsuls,episodes,seasonals all give styles multiple ones i just wish they would put that much effort into raids as they do for styles i have no issue if they do this for revenue purposes but despite the high revenue where is that money going to? the endgame content is lacking on each episode and we just get more and more styles and 12-15 minute elite raid to play for 4-5 months seriously?
  13. zNot Loyal Player

YES it is a great game but not the episodes. Get the difference?
    Since theres a new creative director maybe we will see episodes that will be much better with the new person taking that spot.
    • Like x 1
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

When the game 1st dropped they said a million copies were sold. And it is a way to figure out the population. Devs said they average 44$ a month per player. They made 26 million last year.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

The reason people ik leave is artifacts. They are to expensive to be so important
  16. zNot Loyal Player

CR scaling would benefit those players more then the current way and i got all my artifacts rank 200 and im saying this.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sorry but no....just because you liked it doesn't mean it was good. CR Differential was hot garbage and they did a good thing getting rid of it. It might have sounded like a good idea on paper, but it wasn't.

CR Differential was never necessary to make challenging endgame content. The proof is all over every single piece of content that came before CR Differential was a thing....that includes your precious Origin Crisis.
    • Like x 4
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Thats why it lost so early on the bracket list seems like you were part of the minority that enjoy them.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While I agree that DCUO is a great game, to say there's nothing to improve is incredibly shortsighted and not good for the future of the game. There's a lot they can improve, and they are working on delivering those improvements.
    • Like x 5
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Darksides war factory was on CR scaling and was one of the hardest raids they have relased but in general they shouldve made the regular stuffs easyier because even the regular raid was too difficult considering it was regular.

And origin crisis was different then it is currently if they bring back like it was then that would be great too either way one of these two are better then how the game currently works.

And the Elite content on CR scaling is real difficulty not what we got now use 5 dps and kill everything on sight yes soo much skill needed.
    • Like x 1