People are getting tired of DC Universe Online?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

the artefacts arrived in 2017.

Otherwise, in my opinion, DCUO should stop the adaptive increases, a little too discriminatory in my opinion!
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I doubt they can/would do a tougher then elite it would be too much work for a small amount of players but elite content currently has a fairly large playerbase because it got easyier so theres a issue currently they try to satisfy both sides which doesnt really workout imo but what they should design those elite raids better they shouldnt be rushable and they should be made in a way that more then 3 support rolls are needed make it 2 Tanks 2 healers 1 troll 3 DPS that will slow down the fight and that will give us more longterm enjoyment more support roll importance less DPS importance like it used to be.

it should be a longer,calm,difficult experience not this rushed 5 DPS nonsense 15 -20 minute elite raid done and then being bored and having no challenge to do in the game untill they release new episode that has the same issue.

they should know that this elite raid needs to be a place where peoples strongest build characters can be busy for the next few months it shouldnt be a cakewalk regular players start to get better they will gear up and work on elite eventually even those will demand a more challenging content they should really look how difficult other mmos are when it comes to their newest and highest difficulty level content.

Also each episode that comes more and more players have max artifacts this will eventually add up to the point where the devs will notice this and have to adjust things (only for elite raids) which could be now.
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Do you mean the adaptive augments tied with the episode? To me they shouldnt give a single combat related buff it should be anything else but a buff to us combatwise if people here really say artifacts then why are they not talking about those adaptive ones that are the real paytowin item? Artifacts atleast are permament and can be used anywhere for years.

The biggest paytowin was when we needed augments to 23 to complete the first boss of FGS E why does nobody complain about that but wanna say that artifacts are paytowin?
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Oui.

Probably because it is faster and also more easily forgotten that an artefact has 200 levels, unlike adaptive ones which have 23 levels.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

To be fair though once you know the mechanics it becomes demonstrably easier regardless, once you've got the mechanics perfected is when you can better start to stretch how far you can take it. I'm not aware of any group 4 manning it, running speed feats or hopping in there with significantly under geared characters on day 1, are you?

I'd hazard a guess most people first hopped in there with their geared mains on the first day, notwithstanding that point as well having a "solid tank and heal" will without a doubt make carrying under geared DPS substantially easier, it would become much more difficult when you've got those roles under geared as well.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Look up the census and have a look at the players that are what 329ish and above, it's probably not as many as you think.

I'm curious about your ideal raid, obviously you feel Paradox was, but what others in the game have ever met your expectations?
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Every time I see statements like this i'm reminded of the willful ignorance of players of this game. All of the content that was part of the game before DLCs were worked on for a very long time...before, during and after Beta. Then they were released at certain intervals while tweaking things. They do not have the same amount of time and manpower to work on content like they did way back when. That's not even remotely a fair comparison. If you want to compare the quality of current Episode content, it's fair to compare it to other Episode content such as Fight For the Light, Lightning Strikes, Battle For Earth, Hand of Fate, Home Turf, Last Laugh (which is not even considered an episode if you look at their episode list), Origin Crisis, Sons of Trigon, War of The Light p1, Amazon Fury p1...etc.

You also have to take into consideration something you NEVER seem to think about: Experience. Back when people were playing the Batcave Raids or struggling to get past the bridge in FoS2, the majority of them were new or "new-ish" to DCUO or to the MMO experience. When you talk about people 4 manning a raid or beating Elite in 15 minutes you are disingenuously discrediting their level/years of experience. The average playerbase is not accomplishing those feats. I wish Mepps would pore over the data to give us the percentage of players actually beating Elite in 15 minutes. I ran CoU Elite last night/early morning...it most definitely wasn't a 15 minute run (we beat it though). The number of players that can do the things you endlessly complain about is ridiculously small. I've been in way too many regular runs with a variety of players that can sometimes barely get through those regular runs. That's the majority of the of playerbase, not these monsters smashing through everything day 1.

That small minority smashing through content either have been playing this game for a long time, are highly skilled game players in general, or have vast experience in MMOs and other combat games. That's not everyone playing DCUO. Believe it or not there are lots of players that never played FoS 2: Power Core when it was the hardest content in the game. Many others who never struggled past Prime Battleground legitimately. The people beating content "easily" or doing things like running 8 man content with only 4 people...they were either there for all of that or they have lots of experience from all over the place. Either way, you will always find some people that will find things too easy. That can't be helped.

TL;DR: They aren't going to give us content like the Batcaves and FoS stuff because they don't have the resources (time, staff, budget) to work on things like they did for that content.
    • Like x 4
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Paradox,nexus these are probably at the top of my list they have 5 bosses each raid. And they were super difficult which gave people reason to try it for days and weeks it actually felt like you accomplished something and it also rewarded you with the best gear, traces in time. I enjoyed the FOS,batcave ones too.

I love false idols elite the first boss fight is purely on the Tanks same with the second boss thats how it should be and if i remember correctly charon designed that raid... :) it also had another Raid in that episode which was very good too which was from metal part 1 one of the best dlcs imo
    Another good raid was darksides war factory it had high difficulty on support rolls aswell as on damage dealers its very well designed overall.

These are my top ones id say. Which ones are your favorites?

Difficulty on support rolls,length of the bossfights,the amount of bosses per raid,mechanics is what i personally look for.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

So i can compare the current time they invest on episodes with origin crisis? Hell yea thats perfect because thats my and many peoples favorite episode i dont mind waiting longer each episode if that means we will get better and real raids that are going to keep us longterm busy and reward us properly.
    • Like x 1
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You cant please everyone though. People will complain about lack of content. But really, alternate between SM and fresh content, with maybe a month and a half longer lifespan between DLCs, and I'm all in for waiting for content if it gets the attention it deserves like back from its prime.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Fire and Brimstone LOL, just kidding.

I think people tend to overrate Paradox and Nexus, they were great for a challenge, but like any other raid once you've got the mechanics down they weren't really that difficult or certainly not any moreso than some other more modern equivalents.

Just slap the boss next to the pillar all get in a line and burn, rinse repeat, does that truly sound hard to you? I'm over simplifying it a little sure, but I'd suggest you're often doing the same of modern content as well yourself ;)

Don't get me wrong though that doesn't mean I wouldn't have them on a list of favourites.

I also thought HIVE Reborn as alright, JLD raids were good, Metal 1 and 2, Happiness Home at the time wasn't particularly terrible, Throne of the dead.

Honestly, if we're being perfectly fair there's probably less awful ones and more reasonably decent ones, there's probably even a raft of reasons as to why someone might not actually like a raid outside of even its difficulty level.

For example despite the fact Unholy Matrimony wasn't completely terrible I just can't stand Trigon content, so that put me off that raid in itself, no matter what was going on in there in terms of anything else.

I think KHALON, has a point above as well, you have to be careful that you don't actually inadvertantly diminish the skill level of the players playing the game by just calling everything easy, because it it takes away any credit or skill the players have who are beating this content, obtaining feats etc.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They have already announced that new content would drop in April (you can even see this in the announcements page). No need to despair. Also, Charon has hinted at their being more rewards added to the Legion vendors....so there is something to work towards without needing to burn out (do your weeklies/Dailies then play something else). :)
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Guess it's that time of the year??

Time to post this then. ;)
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I actually was going to mention those aswell throne of the dead, hive reborn and JLD raids aswell as happines home but didnt want to write too much so yea i can agree that there are a decent amount that were good but most of them arent i mean the game has 39 episodes only a handfull of raids are good imo

also if we look at the ones that were good they have one thing in common they were older raids :) all raid content/difficulty after metal part 1 was released went worse and worse and worse or less and less and less.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You need to update and post a 2021 edition my friend. ;)
  16. Inspo Active Player

Tbh my biggest thing is getting some more powers into the game. And I know I know, there’s a lot that needs to be done for that to happen and they already said they’re not doing that, but I think that would bring in and bring back SO many people. We have so much content in this game as it stands and I think it would be a huge plus if we could add something new to freshen up the content we already have. Maybe a new movement mode, or revamping the ones we have now? (Changing colors of electricity on super speed, etc) or even allowing us to change the colors of powers already in the game. I think what bores me the most and causes me to take breaks from the game is:

1. Having to stick to the same roles ( or dump hundreds into artifacts to meet role requirements for end game content ) therefore limiting what powers I can choose

2. Not having any new powers in general to choose from after playing many of them for years.

3. Having no variation in the powers we have now. Same animations, same colors, etc.

I personally think styles aren’t an issue and even the cash grab TCs aren’t the downfall of dc or anything dramatic like that, however I personally feel as if the power aspect of the game has just gotten stale. If we can’t get new powers can we at least get new and improved animations?
    • Like x 1
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I can put 77sp in my skill tree and use the most op powerset for what I'm doing. My 77sp will not matter because what I'm doing is broken. Till they can balance powers artifacts weapons supercharges iconic tree and redo the skill point tree. ur skill points don't mean nothing at this time. That person who beat you or was hella op wasn't because of his skill points. it was because of his powerset and not just anyone can break a powerset that takes experience. Not all powersets are rated the same for doing a role some are way off some are overly killing it. And that has to do with many things starting with powers weapons arts iconic powers supercharges. Thats the great things about dcuo and always has been the most fun part about the game breaking the hell out of weapons and powers not stats, stats is really last on that list always has been. You gotta get real good before you even think about stats or there isn't really a point. Always someone better then u with less stats and more experience with whats overpowered. But it looks like they are trying to crunch down on all this broken stuff. Which means stats matter should be coming very soon
  18. Proxystar #Perception

No, I think people are just fed up with the fact the last 2 DLC's have only had one raid, so as a player base we've become a bit jaded over the fact we've been ripped off a raiding experience for what's been the better part of 2020. I think in the past most DLC's have been relatively decent, I say relatively decent because yes, there are a few outliers and not every one is by any means perfect.

Birds of Prey had the two raids obviously FBE got a bit slammed for being easier, but there's generally always been an easier raid, that's true even of Nexus being easier than Paradox.

The problem is really that people have felt starved for nearly a year and they're a bit over it.
    • Like x 3
  19. zNot Loyal Player

I have to agree with that and one elite raid per episode out of 2 being easyier (not cakewalk please lol) other one being harder then the other one i think is a very good way to satisfy both sides now that i know that we will get 2 raids again,but we obviously hopefully wont get this rushed content of raids like BOP had both raids had 2 bosses only and were very short overall.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The number of bosses probably simply comes down to resources and time, I think we'd all love a 5 boss raid, it's just whether or not we can expect that while also expecting they pump out a DLC every 90 days, but we've discussed this already in the thread :)

The other thing we can say is "Dimensional Ink" should employ more devs then, lol, possibly they should, but unfortunately they'll run the business at their discretion and we have no control over whether they will or won't increase resources if they felt that was an issue.
    • Like x 2