PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

Don't worry. You'll crash in the Watchtower as well. Open the broker, change your style, check the mailbox. Literally anything you might can crash you.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Goat Level 30

Bump. Been happening regularly to me and many of my leaguemates for several months now.

It's frustrating, it's disruptive as hell, and frankly for it to have been happening for this long to this many players is completely unacceptable for a game that's monetized the way this one is.

Get it fixed. Please.
    • Like x 1
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Crashed on right as logged in. xD
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

i crashed in happiness home regular about an hour ago. on the first set of adds before the open door. i got my group water shield up...then... crash. curses for helping newbs level up. finding out you can still crash in older content.
  5. E Clip Dedicated Player

Dunno about others, but Im experiencing a lot of rubber banding in all 3 boss fights in that raid. I cant say if one is worse than the other, all 3 seem to have this problem. I've experienced the same problem on a few occasions in the Crown of Thorns raid, however in Shattered Gotham its always happening.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yep still getting multiple crashes every day.
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yup seen it by opening my inventory even lol
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I validated the game, I didn't crash yesterday but today is a different day
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yesterday was the last straw. I'm cutting way back on my playing until this is fixed. It's not worth it to get into a raid/alert/duo only to be kicked out just before you finish a boss. I'm maybe going to do raids once a week. Maybe. No replays. Maybe just no raids at all.

And simply playing in open air isn't much fun when you are abruptly crashed out at any moment.

Fine, I'll take the hint: DCUO keeps throwing me out of the game? Okay, I have other things to do, then.

I don't think management realizes how bad the problem is. It's become game-breaking, and they're going to see fewer and fewer players online BECAUSE THE GAME WON'T LET THEM HAVE ANY OTHER CHOICE.

Please FIX THIS ASAP.

If you want us to play, fix it so we don't crash literally within five seconds of logging in sometimes, or inevitably crash within the next hour or two. Please. Thank you.
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Last 7-9 days I've been having trouble logging in, whether starting the game up or just switching characters. I get through Character Select, and then get a never-ending loading screen. It will happen several times each day, and sometimes 2-3 times in a row (ie: I have to try and log in with the same character multiple times before I get into the game). And after going through that I am subject to random crashes which can happen under any circumstances for no apparent reason, several times per day.

Thing is, the crashes only started two or three updates ago, and the log-in issues only started since JLD dropped - I used to shake my head and wonder what people were going on about when they talked about how unstable the game was. Not any more.

I've validated the game files, checked my system over, and don't run other programs while playing DCUO. None of it makes any difference.

Oh, and I'm on the EU server, so it's not just a US server problem.
  11. E Clip Dedicated Player

This is how it looks for me for all 3 boss fights. Only in SG Elite though, in normal its minimal but still present. And on top of this PC players crash all the time, even some PSN players, like the last one who crashed at the end of the video. Every now and then I'll get clean runs where none of the rubber banding is happening, but in most cases this is what I have to deal with, I cant chain 2 dw flurry combos let alone more to dps properly :D

12. High Troller Loyal Player

Many years ago, the Smallville alert files got corrupt on my install and validation didn't detect it. System crashed every time porting into Smallville. I don't count on validation to find problems. Just my few cents.
  13. Pinky Well-Known Player

2 months ago, I used to crash once a day until i tried turning on Vsync. It lowered my framerate but I stopped crashing since then.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Just logged in for the first time since my most recent post.

I wasn't active on my character for more than ten seconds before the program crashed.

The game has become so unstable that much of the time it is literally unplayable. :eek:
  15. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I thought my crashing became less frequent when playing in window mode compared to full screen first few hrs of trying, but still crashing

Like I don’t freeze now at the end of the new cutscenes from duo and raid, but I’m seeing a lot more log in/phasing crashing :(
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yesterday after my second crash, Launch pad wouldn't initialize.
  17. Magnificent Loyal Player

This has been happening to me for months. Generally it happens at some point after I've been ingame for 30-40 minutes (it could be 45 minutes, it could be 3 hours). It may be some memory allocation issue as I've noticed it happens only when I am zoning or in motion (ie: it's never happened when just standing around and chatting). I've had it happen when hitting my Superspeed (flying), normal flying through my base (almost at item limit), the Watchtower, fighting or flying in missions or the sandbox areas.
  18. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Got another one in the Hall of Doom just five minutes after logging in with one of my villains yesterday. Teleported to HoD, and then went into speed mode to get over to the Central City teleporter and boom crashed! Filled out the report and restarted. Everything was fine afterwards for hours though until I finally quit for the night.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Went into Prison Break Elite.

Crashed about twenty seconds after we were released from prison.

It's hopeless to try anything but solos in the game at present.

It would be very timely for Mepps or someone to respond with some sort of ETA on a fix. A clue, please?

Because right now, aside from solos, the game is literally unplayable.
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

Soon™