PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are still tracking this down. Apologies for how long this is taking.
    • Like x 4
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

You guys can joke all you want, but paying customers deserve better.
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't make claims we "deserve" anything. I'm simply pointing out that the GAME IS LITERALLY NOT PLAYABLE in its present state unless you want to:

a) only fly around in open areas and then come back from crashes five or six or nine times in the course of play;

b) enter raids and alerts only to crash before a boss. Repeatedly.

c) stick to duos and repeating when they crash.

d) hang out in the Watchtower/Doom or outside a police station, not minding when you crash for no reason because all you lose is a conversation or look around.

All the scenarios end in "and then you crash."

I've obviously ceased using all replays.

My only point is that the devs need to fix this situation ASAP, on a crash basis, because there's no point at all in anyone working on styles or anything not crash-related if the game isn't there to play any more.

This is AN EMERGENCY for the game, and they should do their best to focus as much of 100% attention on it until it's fixed.

Otherwise they're just re-arranging chairs on the Titantic. I don't know if they fully realize the extend of how broken the game currently is, since if you're lucky, you might not crash for a couple of hours.

But if you're a regular player, it's guaranteed.
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

i've been playing since the game came out.

[IMG]
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Crashed again, about five seconds after I'd switched characters.
  6. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

So if I recall correctly you're pc right? If so please change servers from US to EU then back, that sometimes fixes various issues. The issue could be with your saved profile on dcuo, you can also try this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ame-crash-at-load-screen.300873/#post-4213264

It may end up doing nothing however it may not since Mepps stated they're looking into this - if it fixes your crashes you can thank me in-game with a /salute, I hope it does! GL :).
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Logged in again after posting previous. Lasted 2 seconds in my lair and crashed again.

You can't get less playable than that.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Ohh and just for ****s and giggles please temporarily disable your anti-virus protection and firewall, ensure it's not one of those causing the issue (don't forget to re-enable) and if there's a gaming/silent mode setting place it in that before launching the game. I've also noticed high cpu usage as well from DCUO so I would also do task manager and kill all other processes you don't need before launching (Especially Firefox if it's listing more than one process as it tends to do that and Chrome if running Netflix also tends to spaz out the game every so often).
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

i have a toon on EU i used a few times recently. the trick you linked to does not work.
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

This might be a lot of extraneous information, but maybe you guys can make use of what DOES NOT cause disconnects.

While I come across about 10-15 disconnects per day described in this thread, there is one extremely stable hour for me. It's when I wake up and cycle through vaults just before the daily restart. The rapid switching and zoning should cause a disconnect, but for some reason it's OK in my morning routine. Here are the details of what I do every single time:

1) Character loads in sewer themed base -> vault

2) Switch to character in gothic base -> vault

3) Switch to character in ancient base -> vault -> T5 solo -> exit back to base -> T5 solo

4) Switch to character in gothic base -> vault

5) Switch to character in sewer base -> vault

6) Switch to character in atlantis base -> vault -> Death of Superman Solo -> warp to ancient base -> Iceberg solo

7) Switch to character in atlantis base -> vault -> Death of Superman Solo -> warp to ancient base -> Iceberg solo

8) Switch to character in gothic base -> vault -> Death of Superman Solo

9) Switch to character in dive base -> vault -> Reset Shutdown

The main difference between what I do in the morning vs later in the day is:
    * not zoning into an open world quest area
    * not grouped
    * not running multiplayer

As mentioned somewhere in the thread, I tend to disconnect at quest giver areas. Even when I don't, it will stutter and look like it's about to. There might be some kind of footprint or remnant data that isn't purging as we zone in and out of some areas.

Hope this can help in some way! Thanks!

Note: This might be a different kind of disconnect, but it also has a chance of happening any time I try to chance a setting. The game will freeze and either disconnect or recover. This "freeze" never happened pre-Atlantis episode.
  11. High Troller Loyal Player

i disconnected my usb 3.0 external hard drive. no crashes so far. i noticed the game launcher taking it's time loading when the hard drive goes into sleep mode. not sure if that has an adverse affect if it sleeps during the game or not... but it does affect the launcher.,
    • Like x 1
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

I didn't realize that how long you played changed the fact.

The point is if they want people to stick around they need to produce better products and experiences.
  13. E Clip Dedicated Player

Besides crashes there are server lag issues that more and more people are complaining about and they start around 3-4PM CET when more people come online. In the morning and mid day hours there is no lag at least not that I can notice, but in the afternoon and night hours its unplayable. A few of my league mates and a few friends I know cant play at the peak hours and always complain about lag. It doesnt affect all though, but it does some. At first I thought its my ISP or router, but I logged into Dota2 and checked my ping it was 40 ms, CS:GO same, Tera same, which is what I normally get in those games. I played a bit in all 3 games had 0 issues. Using voice chat in the game, everyone tells me my voice sounds like a robot, on discord I dont have that problem. Watching online videos or any downloading is normal, so its not on my end. This started since last Thursday. Obviously you have server problems besides whatever is causing the crashes.

Here's how bad it is, its literally unplayable.
  14. Revoemag Committed Player

I know this topic is regarding pc... but I've been experiencing many game crashes recently on ps4... seems to happen whenever i warp to a new location... happened twice yesterday and numerous times throughout the weekend and has been going on since around the new year happening more and more often
  15. RealTegan Dedicated Player

It definitely seems to happen most often shortly after a warp or a log in. Happened again just a few minutes ago - went back to my base, headed for my bank, CRASH. Third or fourth time today, too.
  16. Daedrike Active Player

Just crashed at <5% on Vampire Lord in JLD Alert, no loot, no credit, nothing. Can we get more of the effort of the Dev team working on this as it's becoming more and more of a problem.
  17. Hurly-Burly Active Player

I keep crashing on the test. I crash on Steam & the official launcher.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe we have identified the issue and found the fix. We will get it live as soon as possible, but we need to get through testing and building a client hotfix, so it will take a little time.
    • Like x 6
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Hope it will fix these issues and a big thanks to the person that found the root cause/fix. Also thanks for taking our feedback seriously. I know we like to complain a lot on these forums and whilst some of our complaints are not always valid, it's nice that our feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears.
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Where I seen crashing: (feel free to add on)

-Opening stuff too fast/running anywhere in fast movement too fast
    -Going to bank/inventory
    -Warping/phasing anywhere in new content, about every instance
    -Getting/Returning mission objective from mission giver npcs (Zatanna & a.r.g.u.s agent so far for me)
    -Logging in chaos Gotham area
    -Teleporting/loading screens (loading screen freezes and crashes 1/2 of the time)
    -Ending of the new cutscenes, most times my game will freeze after one ends, most times it’ll unfreeze, but I seen a few crashes from it (mainly Shazam cutscene in duo & tala fight in Shattered Gotham)

At this point I’m getting tired of sending crash reports, I run 6-7 alts atm, and crash at least 1-2 times a alt trying to do new dailies(open world +duo+alert) if I’m not taking it slow. When taking everything slow, majority of my crashes are from phasing/loading screens