Paradox Wave (Raid) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by DizzyKraken, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godonfire Active Player

you wrong I'm 27 if I was 12 then I wold only be focusing on my homeworks and school and not on a online game.
  2. StopPerving Dedicated Player

One of the things I've experimented with of late, is 2 tank Paradox runs. And I have to say.. I like it. Especially on ravager or oppressor. It is basically a mobile pillar. You can pin him anywhere. 9 times out of 10, you can block the majority of their charge as a solo tank as well without any sort of pinning. So where does it become gimmicky? Simply because the pillar is there? Even the ravager healing fountains can be enough to stop the Rav charging if I'm blocked right beside one and the angle is right. Or adds. Adds are awesome at blocking charges.
  3. godonfire Active Player

if you cant read that u need more English in your life.......
  4. Ogat New Player

It's a faceroll now subs at 30%-15% before towers show up xD No excuse not complete it now ;o
    • Like x 2
  5. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

FWIW i've come to the conclusion that the DOX Loot Table might be the lamest in the game.

ive completed the raid around 35-40 times in Controller stance since its release, and i have almost complete sets of Traces in Time for all three roles other than my own.
    thats on average 6/8 DPS; 6/8 Healer; 6/8 tank Traces sets complete and the only Controller traces piece i have is the legs that come from Nexus i believe.

In other words i have received approx. 20 Traces in Time 88IL pieces and ZERO 88 pieces for the role i'm running in from this loot table.

I can almost garauntee you that unless the loot table is adjusted somehow i will stop running this raid as soon as the next tier of content is released.

thanks.
  6. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

This is bologna!!!! Got this trink compartment in Paradox today along with the mostly off role gears at top row. Not concerned with that but a 84 level item ANYTHING dropped in Paradox is absurd...want to slap my other cheek? No I'm not happy, not at all [IMG]
  7. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Oh and to top off my post above the value ( stated in stat sheet to be 518) is as wrong as this useless drop. The trink fetched 389 at the repair vendor.
  8. AllMightyTyrant New Player

did you really quit??? if not you now see how the raids are beatable. just not meant for fresh 84cr ppl to come and beat the raid. be patient and get your gear simple as that.
  9. The Klepto New Player

Wow. Dude can you complain some more??? Run family and brothers everyday you'll get the 87 trinket eventually.

AND the dlc is coming out soon buy all you want from a vendor
  10. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Whatever, it's absolute bull that an 84 level item is dropping in Paradox so ya I can complain more.
    • Like x 1
  11. Xzotix Committed Player

Synthetic mods has made it easier for undergeared people to get in Nex and Dox. It will be at least a couple of weeks before it levels out and those people have decent gear. Nexus is easily beatable as long as the Tank is GOOD. Last boss really just takes TEAM work. I haven't ever ran DOX because my criteria for that is 99cr which none of my toons have. My advice is don't go in and drag the raid down, then say it's too hard. Baby steps to better gear will help you more in the end. I have only PUG completed Nex once since synthetic mods. Was even kicked once as Troll... that was funny!!!! So be patient normalcy will return shortly. Then we can ALL run DOX and complain about the new raids!
  12. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

It's not like it takes up one of your loot drops on the table, so I don't get why you're complaining. If you don't have your 86/87 Belt by now you're rushing and not running BiA/Fam like you should've.
    • Like x 2
  13. JoeyRoco New Player

T5ayingron topic I think that one of the biggest problems with this raid is the fact that not only is it one of the hardest in the game is the fact that you can literally run through this whole raid and get nothing that is specific to your role... on something as easy as the 4 player T5 missions I can understaNd put the criteria for playing this raid is very precise in the type of team that you need so when you take the time to create that team get all the right now roles in orderand then actually run the raid to get nothing that can help you in the end is in utter waste of time. I have salvaged more from Do then I have used!
    • Like x 1
  14. Kirney Slane New Player

It is all down to luck. I know people who have full 88 gear (except legs obviously) and I've done para twice as much as they did including runs with all 4 subs out and I have yet to see head, chest, hands or rings drop. I can't even get 87 hands in dps role. It's all luck. The problem is tho, that it seems to be possible that one might never get the gear they want so they'll just have to wait for the next better gear you can buy. I like how we all get at least s.th. out of a raid. that makes it a lot easier to gear up for other roles.
  15. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

You're wrong I run BiA/FR everyday.
  16. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

I consider myself lucky if I get an exceptional recovery kit, which I can at least sell for some decent cash. In the last two weeks, over 20+ full runs with various amounts of bosses left up (yes, I use a lot of replays, there was a sale not too long ago lol), I have gotten 4 87/88 pieces (including a 192 weapon) for the healer role - my role. Between Nexus and Dox I have 7/8 ToT for the TANK role, and 4/8 for the controller role and about the same for the DPS role. I have never received an expert plan or any accessories for my role. I have accessories and rings for every other role. I have never received a utility belt for my role either.

In conclusion, and in my own experience, the cost in replays is not worth the gain or wasted time AT ALL. I would not recommend following this course to frustration for anyone, especially considering DLC 9 is just around the corner. I feel that even with "traditional" raid rolling I would have had better chances as I've had to solo heal more times than I've wanted to. Either way, the loot distribution couple with the insta-kill mechanics of the raid combine to make it one of the least fun endgame experiences I can recall. I'll do it at reset and that's it. When DLC 9 drops, I doubt I'll touch it once I've finished off that last piece of ToT in whatever role (I'll buy a power respec just to equip the gear before I'll run it again).

Its not an enjoyable raid. The mechanics are still wonky (shield pods still are bugged), and too much depends on random elements for success. It also takes an immeasurable amount of time unless you're with a full CR101 team and going for Odyssey. I like harder content in my games, things that challenge my reflexes and critical response times, but the reward has to equate to the effort and I do not feel that this raid has that in balance.
  17. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

I also run these every day and have yet to get a role-appropriate belt; not even an 85 blue one. I have however, received the 87 purple ones for tank and troller from the T5 duos though. Cathedral to be exact, and you can run that in like 7 minutes if you skip all the trash, so try you luck there perhaps.

It would be nice to see these items offered in a vendor, as I'm a paying subscriber with a fully charged base and unlocked sidekick, orbital and supply drop, and yet I can't use all of these as I would like to. Instead I have to pick and choose or decide if I want to hobble my stats without equipping a trinket. So far I've kept the trinket, which makes the Hand of Fate content mostly obsolete for me.
  18. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Except for utility belts.
  19. NeoExodus New Player

I like the original challenge that this raid provided before the nerfs. I agree with Ragnarok the reward has top equate the challenge. And seeing how things are going the reward fails to deliver. The bosses should be consistent with their loot tables IE: Ravager should drop 87 necks and rings when dropped in tunnel and drop 88 neck and rings when left up. And if you so happen to leave any bosses up they should drop 2 pieces per boss each unattuned. That would make it potentially worth it. As others have said this raid May become a thing of the past once the new raids arrive. And as for an 84 utility belt that's just wrong. I don't replay anything in this game anymore this raid has shown me that replays are better spent not spending them. I don't buy them any more as I see now they are useless.
  20. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

I to have run this raid nurfed and unnurfed and on many characters and the loot table is not only fine its perfect took 2 weeks to get my troll to full 101 88 suit and dps plus my tank the loot system is beautiful fantastic job dc they want better odds remind them video games are still a business not a charity money talks a bs walks brokenness leaves you behind and replays and money in game brings updated with out it you would still be the playing gates and prime wishing for seeds n unpaid let alone T5 so therefore there not useless get like me 6k replays not loot locked pulling forward as you drag behind
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.